What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel "real" good about the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: What's got to happen this Sunday to make you feel

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

We win by a lot while giving up nothing and Chung makes it through the game uninjured.

+1

though i wouldnt want the young pats to think every gave will be easy or warn other teams we are outstanding (if we were). so id prefer the score to be within 10-14 pts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What I want to see most, is a solid defensive showing.  Tennessee may not be the toughest test for the defense, but I'd love to see some three and outs and few big gains in the passing game.  

On offense, I want to see them able to move the ball and score TDs in the redzone.  I don't care so much how they move the ball--run or pass--I just want to see an offense that looks a little more diverse than last year's one-dimensional offense.  I'm really curious to see what they do with the TEs and the receivers.  Are they going to go heavy and run a lot or are they going to use the TEs and receivers in a different kind of passing game (or do some of both)?   I think that's going to be very interesting to watch.  
    [quote]

im  with you on this
    " -I just want to see an offense that looks a little more diverse than last year's one-dimensional offense. "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to freediro's comment:

I want good defense and see solid pressure and better 3rd down coverage.

TD's for Lloyd

Brady doesn't get sacked

Better kick returns.

100+ all purpose yards from Ridley

man if ridley got 100 yards and lloyd caught  5 or more passes over 80-100 yards and a td, id be smilin ear to ear. not too mention it would tell even the best defenses you are not going to stop us (we have  5 threats on the field).

this would be an awesome game plan (in order to free up gronk, hern and welker more against the best defenses).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The more I think about the Hooman signing the more it makes sense. Remember when it was 2nd and 1 and they ran the ball to the left side 3 times and couldn't get a single yard? Well Hooman is essentially the size of a small T. He might be listed at 263 but I think he's closer to 300 then 260. Maybe he's the blocking FB/run blocking 3rd TE on the left side? Would improve our running game on short yardage

"The more I think about the Hooman signing the more it makes sense. Remember when it was 2nd and 1 and they ran the ball to the left side 3 times and couldn't get a single yard? "

yes i do and i like your thinking
    and to keep teams honest, need to have hoo-man block and release on one of these short runs and catch a pass...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

DEFENSE

Pressure on Locker.

Don't give up 3rd and longs(or shorts for that matter).

A CB to step up, I hope Ras I.

OFFENSE

Multiple offensive looks. Doesn't matter if we don't score 40 points. Start mixing things up to be ready for tough post season defense's.

Stevan Ridley to become a lead back. Love to see 20 carries from Ridley for 93 yards and a td. Work the ground game, show DC's a different look to our offense.

Ryan Wendell to play consistent and make the right adjustments......the center postion is more important then the LT position on this team imo. You can't make mistakes. Lot of pressure on this kid.

" A CB to step up,"

would love to see this and have it be consistent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Seastixholdersince1971's comment:

I would like to see them control the game from the beginning.Lets take a lead and never lose it. Score about 38 points and hold the Titans to 10 points. Brady has 3 TD passes, 1 special teams or defensive TD. And of course no major injuries....Not asking for too much AAAAA.

me neither :)......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

stevan ridley is going establish himself as a legit #1 back. brady will have 2+ TD's and 0 int's. 2+ sacks for the D along with 1+ turnovers forced and 14 or less points allowed. mccourty will look great.

if mccourty and dowling somehow begin to do their job (well), this de would be stellar.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Big plays by the "D" during crunch time.  I would like to see more pressure on the QB if the Pats have a lead late.  Not playing soft on 3rd and long.

No WRs playing DB.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    if mccourty and dowling somehow begin to do their job (well), this de would be stellar.

They will. As long as the opposing QB doesn't have all day in the pocket, they will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Ok... This is all about  defense as in DEFENSE.  I don't know if anyone else  noticed this but when the top 11 guys took the  field in the preseason this team had a swagger ... Like , don't even think about moving the ball against us... 

So,  shutout ?  Yeah shutout .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ok... This is all about  defense as in DEFENSE.  I don't know if anyone else  noticed this but when the top 11 guys took the  field in the preseason this team had a swagger ... Like , don't even think about moving the ball against us... 

So,  shutout ?  Yeah shutout .

It looked that way, I know it's just the pre-season but they have some new players that are very good and more physical. Anytime that Spikes is out there they play with more swagger.  Really feeling good about this defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Good defense (like everyone else has stated) and Brady not taking any hard hits. Brady has always been able to take a sack (like Peyton) he just goes limp and does not risk injury but he is no spring chicken anymore and I would rather not be worried about our offensive line at this stage of Brady's career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Sack from Jones, check. Not only that but Hightower gets a TD on the play. It looks like coach hoodie might have had a good draft this year.

Sections
Shortcuts