whats left to do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Re: whats left to do

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

JumboHart Andy Hart
    RT @caplannfl: Mettenberger's ACL surgery was on 1/3. So in just over three months, he's going through a full Pro Day throwing session.

Also Pats had a 2 hour chalk board session with QB Logan Thomas before 45 minute work out where he ran 4.5/40.  Possible TE convert.

Good info. Or a possible developmental QB pick for the later rounds?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

JumboHart Andy Hart
    RT @caplannfl: Mettenberger's ACL surgery was on 1/3. So in just over three months, he's going through a full Pro Day throwing session.

Also Pats had a 2 hour chalk board session with QB Logan Thomas before 45 minute work out where he ran 4.5/40.  Possible TE convert.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure where the TE convert comes from but he reminds me of Mallett. Big strong guy with a cannon for an arm but has accuracy (mostly touch) and judgement issues

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

JumboHart Andy Hart

[/QUOTE]

Not sure where the TE convert comes from but he reminds me of Mallett. Big strong guy with a cannon for an arm but has accuracy (mostly touch) and judgement issues

[/QUOTE]

Logan was originally the #1 recruited tight end of his class.  He came here as a TE and one day at practice he was d*cking around chucking the ball and the coaches realized he can throw.  That's when they converted him to QB.  He has a natural cannon of an arm, very hard to tackle, good awareness, but can struggle with accuracy.

A lot of people here were really tough on him because of his past 2 seasons.  I see it being attributed more to the product that was around him.  We were awful on the offensive side of the ball for the past 2 years.  In his first year at quarterback as a sophomore, he lit it up.  That's when we actually had talent on O. Most draft experts had him going in the top 3 picks before his junior season turned out to be a nightmare.

I think he could be an NFL QB someday but I've repeatedly said that if he were to fall to the third round (doubtful) I could see BB picking him up and putting him back to his natural position as a TE.  He's a freak athletically and a very good person.  He's Patriots material

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Logan was originally the #1 recruited tight end of his class.  He came here as a TE and one day at practice he was d*cking around chucking the ball and the coaches realized he can throw.  That's when they converted him to QB.  He has a natural cannon of an arm, very hard to tackle, good awareness, but can struggle with accuracy.

A lot of people here were really tough on him because of his past 2 seasons.  I see it being attributed more to the product that was around him.  We were awful on the offensive side of the ball for the past 2 years.  In his first year at quarterback as a sophomore, he lit it up.  That's when we actually had talent on O. Most draft experts had him going in the top 3 picks before his junior season turned out to be a nightmare.

I think he could be an NFL QB someday but I've repeatedly said that if he were to fall to the third round (doubtful) I could see BB picking him up and putting him back to his natural position as a TE.  He's a freak athletically and a very good person.  He's Patriots material

lol that explains it. Still blocking in HS is light years away from college and even futher from the Pro's. He might be a multiple year conversion that might never work as a TE because of the valuable years he missed blocking and route running in college. Most likely why they had him at the board for 2hrs to see if he can mental handle learning routes

Thanks for the info about him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

Alright True and Gary I'm going to toss out some names. Tell me if you think they are good RB's. Try your best not to look up their names. Just simply have you heard of them and do you think they are good backs.

Benny Cunningham

Jonathan Franklin

Lance Dunbar

Mike James

Chris Ogbonnaya

It seems like you guys are taking it personally that someone would call Bolden a JAG and inherently JAGs are just filler players. They are on the back end of rosters because they are cheap. And they are cheap because they just aren't good otherwise they would carve out more playing time and not be inactive on gamedays.

[/QUOTE]

You are missing the point. Saying a guy is a bad player is an indictment. Bolden was the number 4 Rb behind 3 very good RB's. He made the roster with 5 backs. He came in and performed "well" not "bad" in the opportunities he was given.

We know you want to classify him as bad player as it fits your "BB is always making mistakes" agenda, but the reality is that he is not a bad player, he plays well whenever he plays.

Just admit you are wrong for the 1st time in forum history and move on bud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You are missing the point. Saying a guy is a bad player is an indictment. Bolden was the number 4 Rb behind 3 very good RB's. He made the roster with 5 backs. He came in and performed "well" not "bad" in the opportunities he was given.

We know you want to classify him as bad player as it fits your "BB is always making mistakes" agenda, but the reality is that he is not a bad player, he plays well whenever he plays.

[/QUOTE]

His stats are misleading because he gets so few carries. He seemed to hit one solid run a game which boosted the ypc. He was an UDFA, eng is not saying that BB made a mistake by signing him, his point is that Bolden is a replacable player. He is nothing special otherwise he would have played more when Ridley was benched with a case of fumblitis and Vereen was injured. Period.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JumboHart Andy Hart

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say converted TE a possibilty--the guy is VERY innacurate as a passer-heck Pats turned Edeleman into WR from QB-why not this guy to TE-he runs a 4.5?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His stats are misleading because he gets so few carries. He seemed to hit one solid run a game which boosted the ypc. He was an UDFA, eng is not saying that BB made a mistake by signing him, his point is that Bolden is a replacable player. He is nothing special otherwise he would have played more when Ridley was benched with a case of fumblitis and Vereen was injured. Period.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I think True takes these personally that any Pats player isn't good and takes it as an attack. There are 53 players on the roster and not all are going to be good. The bottom 10 are generally either bad (in perspective to the rest of the league) or still developing. Bolden is not developing so to me he's on the back 10% of all players in the NFL. In that perspective he is a bad overall player in comparison to the rest of the league otherwise he'd get a lot more playing time. That doesn't make him a mistake by BB (as you can't have allstars at every position) but it does make him someone that can be replaced and should be upgraded.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please point out where I said he was a mistake. I would lvoe to see that True. You make these statements and yet when I ask you to prove me saying it you disappear so please show me where I said it. The only agenda around here is you thinking every player on the Pats is a better player than they are because they are on the Pats. Not every move is great and not every player works out and not every player is going to be good. That's why BB cuts players for no other reason than they aren't performing and he could find a slight upgrade somewhere else. If Bolden is cut for another UDFA who is just a JAG are you going to blow a gasket and say, how could BB cut such a good player? Of course not because he was a JAG

As for admitting I'm wrong, I have admitted I was wrong plenty of times on the forum but only when I'm actually wrong. So you still think Fanene, A. Wilson, and Amendola were great signings? How's that working out for you? And that BB didn't change up his FA philosphy when everyone from experts, to former players, to even the Patriots radio announcer has said this offseason he switched it up. Maybe you need to step back take off the ruby glasses for a sec and take a clear look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I continue to hear nice things regarding both Kline and Cave. Both could be ready for increased roles.

Vollmer/Kline/Connolly/Mankins/Solder appear to me to be the 1-5 starters

Cannon and perhaps Svitek if he is resigned are the 6-7 depth

Cave/Wendell look to battle for that 8th spot

I could see the Pats drafting for PS/next years depth...I cant see a drafted player in rounds 3 or later coming in and contributing ahead of the mentioned 8 or 9 guys. I also cant see the Pats using a day 1 draft choice for interior line

[/QUOTE]

As usual thanks for the info. Wondering if you've heard anything about Chris Barker. I read a while back that Reiss said he was never demoted to the practice squad last year while both Kline and Cave were.

The Pats had claimed Barker from Miami in early September but kept him on the roster all year. Maybe they saw something they liked and didn't want to risk losing him?

[/QUOTE]

I have not heard anything on Barker. I have not personally been at the stadium in almost 4 months, so what I am able to pick up is not first hand knowledge.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please point out where I said he was a mistake. I would lvoe to see that True. You make these statements and yet when I ask you to prove me saying it you disappear so please show me where I said it. The only agenda around here is you thinking every player on the Pats is a better player than they are because they are on the Pats. Not every move is great and not every player works out and not every player is going to be good. That's why BB cuts players for no other reason than they aren't performing and he could find a slight upgrade somewhere else. If Bolden is cut for another UDFA who is just a JAG are you going to blow a gasket and say, how could BB cut such a good player? Of course not because he was a JAG

As for admitting I'm wrong, I have admitted I was wrong plenty of times on the forum but only when I'm actually wrong. So you still think Fanene, A. Wilson, and Amendola were great signings? How's that working out for you? And that BB didn't change up his FA philosphy when everyone from experts, to former players, to even the Patriots radio announcer has said this offseason he switched it up. Maybe you need to step back take off the ruby glasses for a sec and take a clear look.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you said he was a "bad player"!?!?

It's a damn merry go round with you. Pointless.

Never said they were great signings just didn't say "they sucked". 

And no he didn't switch up anything. He got a top rated corner for a 1 year deal just like he did the last 2 years. Right? Talib, 2- 1 year deals?He re signed his own core guys in Edelman and VW, he signed a low to mid level receiver in fells(value) and he took a calculated risk on a guy like Browner(that's called value pal, the very thing you condemn BB for)

I don't need rose colored glasses to see the dominant team Belichick has built for 13 years, maybe wipe the sht off your own bifocals and see that this guys actually knows what the hell he is doing.

You and bungalow bill can keep telling us how bad our players are and how bad BB screws up, while the rest of us continue watching greatness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

And no he didn't switch up anything. He got a top rated corner for a 1 year deal just like he did the last 2 years. Right? Talib, 2- 1 year deals?He re signed his own core guys in Edelman and VW, he signed a low to mid level receiver in fells(value) and he took a calculated risk on a guy like Browner(that's called value pal, the very thing you condemn BB for)

I don't need rose colored glasses to see the dominant team Belichick has built for 13 years, maybe wipe the sht off your own bifocals and see that this guys actually knows what the hell he is doing.

You and bungalow bill can keep telling us how bad our players are and how bad BB screws up, while the rest of us continue watching greatness.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same . . . except for the small matter of $7.2 million. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And no he didn't switch up any He got a top rated corner for a 1 year deal just like he did the last 2 years. Right? Talib, 2- 1 year deals?He re signed his own core guys in Edelman and VW, he signed a low to mid level receiver in fells(value) and he took a calculated risk on a guy like Browner(that's called value pal, the very thing you condemn BB for)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, but he won't be here in 2015. BB figured out a way to secure a top 5 CB in the league for 2012, 2013 and 2014 between Talib and Revis.. What will he pay for  this acquisition?

2 million 2012,

5 million in 2013

and 7 million in 2014.

He will pay under 5 million a year for one of the best CB's in the league for a 3 year period with a 5 million dollar loan borrowed against the 2015 salary cap.

What would it cost to secure a top 5 CB in their prime for 3 seasons? 30 million? 40 million?

while you guys blast his decisions and team building philosphy the guy is wayyyy ahead of everybody else. Signing Revis to a 60 million dollar contract would have been "out of the norm" as well as undisciplined,  and stupid, 2 things we as Patriot fans can be thankful BB is not.

The rest of his FA moves?  Fully incentive based contract for Browner a low risk high reward value signing,  3 mill per for Lafelle a mid level vet receiver who we are banking on to improve under Brady, and then re-sign 5 of his own core players(typical BB).

Build through the draft, re-sign core players who "get it" sign value free agents with upside who you feel will fit the system but not break the team building philosophy of never investing big in unkowns, and every few years make a calculated big move, like Rodney, Colvin, Dillion, Moss, Welker, Stalworth,  Adalius, Talib, Revis etc...

Enjoy the ride folks, you will know when it's over. Well some of you will, some of you don't even realize your on it..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

you left out the dead money owed to Revis if he is not resigned for 2015...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And no he didn't switch up any He got a top rated corner for a 1 year deal just like he did the last 2 years. Right? Talib, 2- 1 year deals?He re signed his own core guys in Edelman and VW, he signed a low to mid level receiver in fells(value) and he took a calculated risk on a guy like Browner(that's called value pal, the very thing you condemn BB for)

Sure, but he won't be here in 2015. BB figured out a way to secure a top 5 CB in the league for 2012, 2013 and 2014 between Talib and Revis.. What will he pay for  this acquisition?

2 million 2012,

5 million in 2013

and 7 million in 2014.

He will pay under 5 million a year for one of the best CB's in the league for a 3 year period with a 5 million dollar loan borrowed against the 2015 salary cap.

What would it cost to secure a top 5 CB in their prime for 3 seasons? 30 million? 40 million?

while you guys blast his decisions and team building philosphy the guy is wayyyy ahead of everybody else. Signing Revis to a 60 million dollar contract would have been "out of the norm" as well as undisciplined,  and stupid, 2 things we as Patriot fans can be thankful BB is not.

The rest of his FA moves?  Fully incentive based contract for Browner a low risk high reward value signing,  3 mill per for Lafelle a mid level vet receiver who we are banking on to improve under Brady, and then re-sign 5 of his own core players(typical BB).

Build through the draft, re-sign core players who "get it" sign value free agents with upside who you feel will fit the system but not break the team building philosophy of never investing big in unkowns, and every few years make a calculated big move, like Rodney, Colvin, Dillion, Moss, Welker, Stalworth,  Adalius, Talib, Revis etc...

Enjoy the ride folks, you will know when it's over. Well some of you will, some of you don't even realize your on it..

If you franchised tagged him for three years, maybe. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say anything about BB screwing up.. I said the fourth string rb is an average replacable piece which he is.  Can you read? This is unbelievable how you take every post that isn't lovey dovey about the Patriots as bashing BB.  Get a grip tc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

Alright True and Gary I'm going to toss out some names. Tell me if you think they are good RB's. Try your best not to look up their names. Just simply have you heard of them and do you think they are good backs.

Benny Cunningham

Jonathan Franklin

Lance Dunbar

Mike James

Chris Ogbonnaya

It seems like you guys are taking it personally that someone would call Bolden a JAG and inherently JAGs are just filler players. They are on the back end of rosters because they are cheap. And they are cheap because they just aren't good otherwise they would carve out more playing time and not be inactive on gamedays.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not taking it personally at all.  I just don't understand why you would get rid of a guy who's been on your team for a couple of years who did what you asked him and did well.  The RB ranks are thin so why decide to cut him now?  This makes you go to the draft and use up a pick where it could be used elsewhere.

Out of the lise about I now about Franklin (GB) and Cutler (Dallas) who is my backyard.  Cutler I get to see when he gets a chance.  Does okay for the most part.  Young and may get more playing time next year.  We'll see.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Benny Cunningham

Jonathan Franklin

Lance Dunbar

Mike James

Chris Ogbonnaya

[/QUOTE]

I'm not taking it personally at all.  I just don't understand why you would get rid of a guy who's been on your team for a couple of years who did what you asked him and did well.  The RB ranks are thin so why decide to cut him now?  This makes you go to the draft and use up a pick where it could be used elsewhere.

Out of the lise about I now about Franklin (GB) and Cutler (Dallas) who is my backyard.  Cutler I get to see when he gets a chance.  Does okay for the most part.  Young and may get more playing time next year.  We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

The reason is pretty simple.

Ridley and Vareen are better

BB will draft a RB for the next 4 years in case Ridley and Vareen ask for too much money in their free agent year

That's 3 RB's on the roster, and the team will carry a hybrid TE/FB similar to Devlin

There will be 3 QB's on the roster this year, so that spot has to come from another position

Bolden has been unreliable when it comes to availability due to injury

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kezzamuzza. Show kezzamuzza's posts

If Connolly and Wendell are our best in the middle, how will we improve?

Great article by Richard Hill in Pats Pulpit on this point and flow on to the running back situation at present.

Please read ..........very informative.

Along with the lack of pass rush ie overworking Jones and Nink plus just three good LB's ....this I think is a critical area to improve.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JumboHart Andy Hart

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say converted TE a possibilty--the guy is VERY innacurate as a passer-heck Pats turned Edeleman into WR from QB-why not this guy to TE-he runs a 4.5?

[/QUOTE]

There's no comparison between Thomas and Edelman as college QBs transitioning to the pro game. Thomas has the size and arm strength to actually be able to play at the next level while Edelman had no shot to ever become a pro QB (even though one poster thinks he's the Pats' third string QB).

I don't know if Thomas would ever be able to refine his skills and accuracy to become a good NFL QB. If he's around at the end of the 4th or 5th round it may be worth the risk. If he ever develops the Pats would have a special player.

Of course that's a big if. But when you get past the 3rd or 4th round you're looking for potential and developmental players for the most part.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you left out the dead money owed to Revis if he is not resigned for 2015...

[/QUOTE]

No, I stated he borrowed 5 million against the 2015 cap as Revis will not be re-signed at 20 million. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2 million 2012,

5 million in 2013

and 7 million in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you would have to sign the guy to a 4 or 5 year bloated deal(like Talib just got) with 25 million in guarantees, but 50-60 in total value at least, and a severe cap hit when cut. This after you really only get 2 or maybe 3 years of great production from the guy IF he stays healthy.

BB has found a way around that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say anything about BB screwing up.. I said the fourth string rb is an average replacable piece which he is.  Can you read? This is unbelievable how you take every post that isn't lovey dovey about the Patriots as bashing BB.  Get a grip tc.

[/QUOTE]

No, you agreed that Bolden is a "bad player" and should be cut. It has nothing to do with me knowing the Pats have a good team every year, it has everything to do with "fans"Wink(right, wink wink) like you trying to take shots at BB in a nonchalant manner.

Go back and read your last 1000 posts and tell us how much you really like our team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

JumboHart Andy Hart

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's no comparison between Thomas and Edelman as college QBs transitioning to the pro game. Thomas has the size and arm strength to actually be able to play at the next level while Edelman had no shot to ever become a pro QB (even though one poster thinks he's the Pats' third string QB).

I don't know if Thomas would ever be able to refine his skills and accuracy to become a good NFL QB. If he's around at the end of the 4th or 5th round it may be worth the risk. If he ever develops the Pats would have a special player.

Of course that's a big if. But when you get past the 3rd or 4th round you're looking for potential and developmental players for the most part.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is the third string QB, He's also gotten practice player of the week while being the QB of the scout team a couple of times. Now that is not saying I ever want to see him as a QB in a game. But he has been the emergency QB and if you only have two other QB's that means he's the third stringer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2 million 2012,

5 million in 2013

and 7 million in 2014.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you would have to sign the guy to a 4 or 5 year bloated deal(like Talib just got) with 25 million in guarantees, but 50-60 in total value at least, and a severe cap hit when cut. This after you really only get 2 or maybe 3 years of great production from the guy IF he stays healthy.

BB has found a way around that.

[/QUOTE]

Talib's deal at the end of the day is 2/$18