What's more promising, the 59 or the zero?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

What's more promising, the 59 or the zero?

I was incredibly excited to watch Tom hit the long ball and see Maroney break a long one, but I was equally excited to see Meriweather forcing fumbles and Butler's interception. So I ask you, what is more promising, the offense getting back on track, or our young defense (minus AT) pitching a shutout?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: What's more promising, the 59 or the zero?

In Response to What's more promising, the 59 or the zero?:
    I was incredibly excited to watch Tom hit the long ball and see Maroney break a long one, but I was equally excited to see Meriweather forcing fumbles and Butler's interception. So I ask you, what is more promising, the offense getting back on track, or our young defense (minus AT) pitching a shutout?
    Posted by cwiegmann24

Without the defensive stops and turnovers in the 2nd qtr,Brady doesn't get his 5 Tds (6 total). Total team effort.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Neither.  The Titans didn't come to play.  I think it's what Fisher needed to see quite frankly.  He's going to start over with it after this debacle.  I don't know who's going to be the QB of this thing next year for the Titans.

The Pats did what they were supposed to do.  They took care of business.  Any good team in the NFL would have put up these numbers against the Titans yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Insofar as you don't get to play against the Titans secondary (in the snow) every week, I would tend to think that the defensive effort was more impressive. The Pats' receivers were beyond wide open all day -- we're going to have to think of a new word to describe how uncovered they were.

But again, I caution Pats fans (and this includes those of you who are only fans when they win) not to take too much from this victory. The combination of a spectacularly bad team that clearly gave up early, and the elements that skewed the results even futher -- this was nothing more than a good win against a team the Pats should beat under any circumstances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Since we never had a problem with the Defense, the more promising part was the Offense.....we needed that to get going and it looks like it did...in that game anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2nj. Show boston2nj's posts

I think you can be happy that Brady is finding his grove and the Pats D has played well all season. I don't think you can read to far into either side of the ball yesterday becasue the Titans have a horrible pass D and overall are not a good team.
    Like I said as a Pats fan I am happy things are coming together, but until they can be consistent agaist playoff caliber teams nothing is promisin; just looking better every week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by cwiegmann24

yes, exciting to watch - certainly, less stressful.  More promising? Neither. The Patriots are not the offensive juggernaut of 2007 nor are they the best defense in the NFL (yet). This game was an abberation - where the Titans were really off on their game and snow was our 12th man on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Posted by cwiegmann24
    here is what they are saying.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/19/week-six-morning-aftermath-patriots-59-titans-0/

Sections
Shortcuts