What's next now that Sanders tender was matched???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

What's next now that Sanders tender was matched???

I'm not really  in love with any of the WR in the draft .FA left are pretty weak. Even the WR signings we've made may not make it to the preseason. Reminds me of the 06 season.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

Re: What's next now that Sanders tender was matched???

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Troy Brown??

Hoping for Vincent Brisby

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

still focus on DE/OLB and DB positions first. Pick up WRs along the way to vie for a job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Terrell Owens is still looking for work

And I am sure we can always count on Deion Branch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to poopsteo's comment:

I'm not really  in love with any of the WR in the draft .FA left are pretty weak. Even the WR signings we've made may not make it to the preseason. Reminds me of the 06 season.

At first I disagreed with this (reminds me of 06) because we did sign Amendola and we have much better tight ends now, but then I thought back and we had Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk to catch the ball. Right now we have an injury prone Amendola, Hernandez, Gronk (who's arm is a real concern) and a lot of question marks. So although I think we have more talent as it stands right now than heading into the 06 season, we also have some question marks.

I disagree with the receiver assesment on this year's draft though - and that will ultimately be a big part of the equation - we will most likely land someone that will help. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Sign abraham and draft a WR and DT in the first 2 rounds, and a DB with the 3rd for depth.  Then wait on training camp cuts for a little more depth at WR.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

There are 2 WR's I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots pick.

1. Robert Woods from USC

2. DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson

Beyond these 2 not much else out there really impresses me for WR's that would fit in with the Patriots. If they get one of these 2 with the 1st or 2nd draft pick I would be fine with it to round out the WR corps for the upcoming season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I think we should draft 2 WR's in this years draft. I really liked Austin back a few months ago when he was pegged as a 2nd round pick. But after the combine his stock has risen and will be long gone. I also like Cordarrell Paterson if he drops but that is also a long shot. At 29 we should be able to get guys like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, Deandre Hopkins. Then maybe in 3rd round at 91 take a guy that dropped maybe a Ryan Swope, or Markus Wheaton. If DaRick Rogers falls to us at 91, I would pull the trigger on him, although he is a head case he has 1st round talent. I think this draft is deep at receiver, and there is good value after the first round. To win the superbowl this year we need to hit on 1 wr in the draft, how good would it be if we hit on both like when we got Gronk and Hernandez. But by taking 2 WR's in the draft that our chances of hitting on atleast 1 is likely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

At first I disagreed with this (reminds me of 06) because we did sign Amendola and we have much better tight ends now, but then I thought back and we had Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk to catch the ball. Right now we have an injury prone Amendola, Hernandez, Gronk (who's arm is a real concern) and a lot of question marks. So although I think we have more talent as it stands right now than heading into the 06 season, we also have some question marks.

I disagree with the receiver assesment on this year's draft though - and that will ultimately be a big part of the equation - we will most likely land someone that will help. 

Im on the fence with the WR prospects. Draft best available WR in first two rounds and hope and pray its not another Bethal, Chad Jackson.

Out of all the positions other than maybe C.B. we have not developed a serviceable player. Even using the third rounder on a Taylor Price project we need some production. 

With only a few picks this year we should draft best available and sign a boat load of UDFA.Even with this philosphy pats still wouldn't address the Wr Pos.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

If Abraham is going to walk in the door then they should draft a top wr at 29.

4.4 speed or better and good hands. That at least grabs a cornerback and safety for the ride.

Please no cone or shuttle studs that run 4.8 40's. No runs fast but can't catch ball.

They can probably get one of the top rated wr's at 29. BB trades down and grabs a value wr then Amendola and another goes down in mid season and what has Brady got to throw to? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

The key to depth through the draft hinges on Abraham signing. Drafting two Wr out of the top 3 picks makes no sense. The two 7th rounders are a joke. I still feel there are more misses at Wr than hits in this years draft.Interesting to see who gets cut in preseason for salary cap reasons.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I still think we see Stallworth and Branch in camp. Have to see what progress Ebert has made. I simply dont see the Pats going WR with the #1...

Pats have to have some info that Jones is ok to play this year

I still think this board tremendously under rates Edelman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I still think we see Stallworth and Branch in camp. Have to see what progress Ebert has made. I simply dont see the Pats going WR with the #1...

Edelmans career stats in one season would be great. Averaging one receiving td a season. Other than his special teams play he's a below average Wr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Edelmans career stats in one season would be great. Averaging one receiving td a season. Other than his special teams play he's a below average Wr.

thats if you are reading the back of his football card (if they still make football cards). the eye test says Edelman is the fastest WR with the PAts, also the best route runner, knows the offense better than any other WR. Very good hands.

I am hoping he lines up day 1 opposite Amendola as the starting WR and they target him often. he is a potential big play maker with the ball in his hands. he is capapable of taking it to the end zone on any touch.

I am also hoping they scrap him as the punt return man, hoping that saves the injuries that have plagued him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

thats if you are reading the back of his football card (if they still make football cards). the eye test says Edelman is the fastest WR with the PAts, also the best route runner, knows the offense better than any other WR. Very good hands.

I am hoping he lines up day 1 opposite Amendola as the starting WR and they target him often. he is a potential big play maker with the ball in his hands. he is capapable of taking it to the end zone on any touch.

I am also hoping they scrap him as the punt return man, hoping that saves the injuries that have plagued him...

I agree. Edelman signing was good, and he looked the part before injury.

I was gone for a week, but what is your take on the Tommy Kelly signing? I think he will be an under rated addition to the D-line and will flourish playing for a team that matters.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Take a stud receiver in the first round, over 6-2 with at least 4.4 speed or go with Stills or Swopes in the third.

Right now they have Ballard, Fells, Herman, Hoomanawanui and of course Gronk at tight end (even if Gronk misses some early games).  With  Washington and Vereen out of the backfield . . . and maybe Demps, he was a very good receiver at Florida.

Hernandez will be more of a wide out with Amendola and Edelman in the slot and they have Jones, Jenkins, Ebert, Aikens and Holmes on the roster so all they need is one more draft pick.  I do not see Stallworth or Branch coming back unless it is to help develop a some of these other guys and to be on stand-by again this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Take a stud receiver in the first round, over 6-2 with at least 4.4 speed or go with Stills or Swopes in the third.

Right now they have Ballard, Fells, Herman, Hoomanawanui and of course Gronk at tight end (even if Gronk misses some early games).  With  Washington and Vereen out of the backfield . . . and maybe Demps, he was a very good receiver at Florida.

Hernandez will be more of a wide out with Amendola and Edelman in the slot and they have Jones, Jenkins, Ebert, Aikens and Holmes on the roster so all they need is one more draft pick.  I do not see Stallworth or Branch coming back unless it is to help develop a some of these other guys and to be on stand-by again this year.

C'mon man...your analysis is out of touch and looking at the situation thru rose colored glasses.
    Have you neen drinking from Rustys fountain of "BB will make it all go away"?

Demps already stated he will not be playing this year to concentrate on track

Washington will not take any offensive snaps, only ST snaps

Will Herman even be on the team? Will Jenkins? Holmes was released by WR needy teams Minn and Dallas.

Ballard is coming off of ACL and 18 months of inactivity.

Take a look at the "stud" WR's taken last year in the first round...Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins...how much did they contribute? There isnt a Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson in this draft, and if there were, they certainly would not be available at #29.

Once again, it is on Brady to make it work, and the OL to give him the time to make it work.