What's on your menu tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

For me, I'll start by locking myself in my basement - away from the wife & kids.  I'm lucky as my basement has a full bar and kitchen to go along with a large LCD and comfortable couch.  It also has a sliding glass door to my grill.  Did I mention, it has a lock? 

I plan to kick the season off around 4:45 with a little homemade guacomole and chips.  I can crush a 12 pack easy during a Pats game and feel no effects because of the adrenalin factor.  Therefore I will start with a few Grey Goose on the rocks (don't insult me with a mixer) and then step down to a coors light around the end of the 1st quarter. 

By halftime, my ribs and mashed potatoes should be perfect!  I might even dabble with a salad - although I doubt it. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to kick my dipping habit over the last 20 years so I'll pass on desert and throw in a tremendous "lipper" to start my 2nd half. 

By 10:00 or so, I have repacked my lip several times with nastiness. By this time,  I am hopeful we have rolled on the Phins and my dog and I can "prance" through my back yard to take a celebratory pisss together!

Cheers to you all! Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: What's on your menu tonight?

In Response to Re: What's on your menu tonight?:
    Dip? Nasty lol But yea so grilling, maybe a little opening night blunt out on the porch. Once the baby is down for the night of course. I will do some sausage and peppers and onions and chase it all down with a few colds ones if im lucky lol I live in a one bedroom apartment with a 4 month old so its a quiet night for me for the most part. But the game is going to be great im sure.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Well played Killa.  I was once like you, living in the Back Bay in a small apartment with my wife and newborn.  I started to watch the game with a towel I could scream into so they wouldn't hear it.  Sometimes I would chew on it (days of Bledsoe getting sacked)!   

I remember when i had less worries and a blunt was standard operaional procedure for the game and a form of relaxation for me.  With a few kids, expensive mortgage, and two start-up businesses,  it makes my heart race and I feel like I'm having a heart attack!  I'll stick with the booze, food, and dip! 

By the way, just a little trick of the trade with the small apartment and wife:  Put a few of those cheap dry cleaning  hangers on the outside doorknob of your bedroom.  If she's coming, it will make noise and alert you to stop doing whatever you shouldn't be doing!

LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ohh I wish it was Sunday so I could have a BBQ party with friends. As it is I've only got a couple coming over so I'm limiting my menu to jambalaya with cajun sausage and chicken, a 7 layer dip, buffalo wings, and smoked guinness marinated steak tips that I started this morning before heading to work with hickory and cherry wood and will top off with so spice rub when I get home. My friends are bringing some desert type stuff and more apps but my mouth is already watering for those steak tips and jambalaya

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Shrimp scampi, (my own), With garlic bread, (also my own). I will have a salad to help keep things moving along. Unfortunately, I live in Florida so no basement. Since no one else in the house appreciates football, (they'll most likely be watching re-runs of some crime drama, ugh) I'll go down to a local Pats friendly sports bar to hoot 'n' hollah with some other mis-placed New Englanders. Someone else can walk the dogs. They don't care about football either.

BTW, if you like Grey Goose, You might want to give Lusuksova a try. It's Polish potato vodka, and most vodka drinkers I know who have tried it agree, it's smoother than many of those so called "high end" brands. Less expensive, too.

Anyway, however we choose to watch the game, here's to a great season.

Go Pats!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to What's on your menu tonight?:

I'm going with what's on the Patriot's menu: Mahi-Mahi.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Ohh I wish it was Sunday so I could have a BBQ party with friends. As it is I've only got a couple coming over so I'm limiting my menu to jambalaya with cajun sausage and chicken, a 7 layer dip, buffalo wings, and smoked guinness marinated steak tips that I started this morning before heading to work with hickory and cherry wood and will top off with so spice rub when I get home. My friends are bringing some desert type stuff and more apps but my mouth is already watering for those steak tips and jambalaya
    Posted by PatsEng

You have me at hello! 

Enjoy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Shrimp scampi, (my own), With garlic bread, (also my own). I will have a salad to help keep things moving along. Unfortunately, I live in Florida so no basement. Since no one else in the house appreciates football, (they'll most likely be watching re-runs of some crime drama, ugh) I'll go down to a local Pats friendly sports bar to hoot 'n' hollah with some other mis-placed New Englanders. Someone else can walk the dogs. They don't care about football either. BTW, if you like Grey Goose, You might want to give Lusuksova a try. It's Polish potato vodka, and most vodka drinkers I know who have tried it agree, it's smoother than many of those so called "high end" brands. Less expensive, too. Anyway, however we choose to watch the game, here's to a great season. Go Pats!!!!!
    Posted by antibody

Enjoy and thank you for the vodka tip! 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In Response to What's on your menu tonight?:
    What's on your menu tonight?  For me, I'll start by locking myself in my basement - away from the wife & kids.  I'm lucky as my basement has a full bar and kitchen to go along with a large LCD and comfortable couch.  It also has a sliding glass door to my grill.  Did I mention, it has a lock?  I plan to kick the season off around 4:45 with a little homemade guacomole and chips.  I can crush a 12 pack easy during a Pats game and feel no effects because of the adrenalin factor.  Therefore I will start with a few Grey Goose on the rocks (don't insult me with a mixer) and then step down to a coors light around the end of the 1st quarter.  By halftime, my ribs and mashed potatoes should be perfect!  I might even dabble with a salad - although I doubt it.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to kick my dipping habit over the last 20 years so I'll pass on desert and throw in a tremendous "lipper" to start my 2nd half.  By 10:00 or so, I have repacked my lip several times with nastiness. By this time,  I am hopeful we have rolled on the Phins and my dog and I can "prance" through my back yard to take a celebratory pisss together! Cheers to you all! Go Pats!
    Posted by deluxbury
    I call my dip "the after dinner mint", very satisfying after a nice meal. Sounds like you have a great plan. Enjoy the game, it should be a good one!Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Probably some brats and wings on the grill and Sam Adams Octoberfest. If I'm lucky, my wife might whip up a desert or something while I'm grilling. Pecan pie if I have any say so in it. I'm off on mondays, so I'll be grocery shopping here in the next few minutes. lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Nachos, Wings and plenty o' beer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

shredded dolphin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

let's see....I'm currently counting down the minutes to 4:30 when I can get the hell out of this place, 30 minute drive home, change into shorts and my Mayo throwback jersey and settle in on the couch, throw on the NFL network to catch up on highlights from yesterday and the MNF pregame.

my girlfriend will get home about 30 minutes after me and continue to b*tch at me for being out drinking from 1pm - midnight yesterday, and although I can't really fathom the thought of drinking right now, I'll most likely crack one of the two Paulaner Octoberfests I have in my fridge to help me cope with my girlfriend.  once I smooth things over with her, I'll open the fridge and realize that all we have for food is lettuce, cheese, yogurt, ground chicken and some other assorted garbage, mutter a four letter word, and call in a take out order.  pick that up along with a few more beers and be saddled in on the couch in time for the pregame introductions.

Go Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Y'all are killing me.  I don't get home until 6:30...walk the dog, the wife is pregnant with our first, so tend to whatever she needs, and by that time...it will be game time.  Your plans all sound great!  One good thing I've got going is that I live on the NC coast, so I can grill on Sundays in comfort through January without having to shovel a path!  Enjoy, can't wait for 7pm to get here!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

In Response to Re: What's on your menu tonight? : That made me laugh. You essentially just described the non-married Pats fans situation on this board.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I'm glad I'm not alone!  The only thing getting me through this day is the excitement for 7:00pm tonight.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I eat before the game. Too nervous to eat during the game – winning or losing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Working until 9pm, so relying on the DVR. Will not look at any texts, will stay off many websites, and keep the radios on stations that don't update the game. Ride home in silence (only 15 mins)...and then enjoy the game with no commercials.

Tonights menu will be grilled chicken nachos with BBQ sauce and jalapenos!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

watching with my wife (Pats fan) and a couple of Dolphins fans.
    just acquired a bottle of Hennessy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

After dinner, coffee a scone and a football game. Wish I had some Armangnac.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Armangnac sounds good but not during the game. Too exited.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thanks guys, I am now starving! Shrimp scampi, ribs, garlic bread all sound wonderful!

Im West coast so the game is early for me, 4pm to be exact.

I have the DVR set to record the game, keeping fingers crossed no power outages, what a disappointment it would be to get home and the thing didnt record.  Anyways, I will be off the boards here at game time, hopefully I will be able to dodge all news and scores before watching my hopefully recorded game.

Gotta keep it quick and easy tonight so Chilli Dogs, nachos and Dr. Pepper for me tonight.  I will also partake in a quality long cut dip after dinner while enjoying the game!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: What's on your menu tonight? : Enjoy and thank you for the vodka tip! 
    Posted by deluxbury

You're welcome. I keep mine in the freezer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Marinated & grilled skirt steak, roasted potatoes, vodka over ice with a splash of water.  When the game starts, I may have to go to a sippy cup, or put some barbells in my pockets: I tend to get excited and jump from my seat a lot. 
    The question is, Will Albert H. be having flattened Henne for dinner?  I hope he truly is hungry and feasts!

Sections
Shortcuts