What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?

Seems like if they were going to fill the roster spot with an existing ps player, they would have done it already.  Something must be brewing.
    What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?

In Response to What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?:
    [QUOTE]Seems like if they were going to fill the roster spot with an existing ps player, they would have done it already.  Something must be brewing. What do you think?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I read on boston herald that they promoted the practice squad running back Javaris James, he's also listed on the 53 man roster

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : I read on boston herald that they promoted the practice squad running back Javaris James, he's also listed on the 53 man roster
    Posted by 81patsfan[/QUOTE]

Yup, You are right.  I swear I read Reiss saying yesterday that he didn't think that was going to happen. 
    Ok, what about the 2 ps spots?  Or did the Globe forget to tell us that too?
    Too busy talking about Brady's hair I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81patsfan. Show 81patsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : Yup, You are right.  I swear I read Reiss saying yesterday that he didn't think that was going to happen.  Ok, what about the 2 ps spots?  Or did the Globe forget to tell us that too? Too busy talking about Brady's hair I guess.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUO

LOL thats funny but your right.... Not sure about the ps spots i guess there still open, havent read anywhere of them filling it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nope, we still have a 50 man roster. No Mankins, No Kaczur, and Maroney left an open spot. To the best of my knowledge, James wasn't called up to the 53. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer, Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer, Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram

I count 53 players on the roster

Brown, Carter, Crable, James, Jenkins, McKenzie, Miller, Ohrnberger

and 8 players on PS so I don't see the extra spots

BTW Kaczur hasn't been put on PuP or IR so he still counts against the the roster

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Brown, Carter, Crable, James, Jenkins, McKenzie, Miller, Ohrnberger and Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

WTFK, Buddy farnham not on the PS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I

n Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots?:
    [QUOTE]Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer, Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer, Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram I count 53 players on the roster Brown, Carter, Crable, James, Jenkins, McKenzie, Miller, Ohrnberger and 8 players on PS so I don't see the extra spots BTW Kaczur hasn't been put on PuP or IR so he still counts against the the roster
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

We lost Prince Miller yesterday, and Maroney.  If James replaced Maroney, which I'm still not sure of, that leaves 2, right? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I n Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : We lost Prince Miller yesterday, and Maroney.  If James replaced Maroney, which I'm still not sure of, that leaves 2, right? 
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

You're right about Miller, I didn't notice he resigned with the Ravens but I didn't include Maroney in the 53 man roster so that leaves 1 spot on the PS. BB counts them as part of the roster so he might take a couple days to fill the spot instead of putting in anyone off the street

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : You're right about Miller, I didn't notice he resigned with the Ravens but I didn't include Maroney in the 53 man roster so that leaves 1 spot on the PS. BB counts them as part of the roster so he might take a couple days to fill the spot instead of putting in anyone off the street

Who replaced Maroney?  Something is wrong but I'm to tired to figure it out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : You're right about Miller, I didn't notice he resigned with the Ravens but I didn't include Maroney in the 53 man roster so that leaves 1 spot on the PS. BB counts them as part of the roster so he might take a couple days to fill the spot instead of putting in anyone off the street

I don't know how you got 53 because Murrell was cut to make room for Ojinnaka which left us at 53. Then Maroney was traded to drop us down to 52. I didn't know that Mankins didn't count towards the roster, but Kaczur still leaves us with 51 (52, still) certain. Unless Mankins is walking through the door I can't see why we are still at 52. Kaczur still might be active just to hold Mankins' spot for when he walks in for week 10, but someone has to take spot 53 for this weekend. Crable, maybe?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

2 QBs 
    4 RBs
    6 WRs
    3 TEs
    10 OL 
    7 DL
    8 LBs
    9 DBs
    3 ST

52 Patriots on the wall. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer, Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer, Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram I count 53 players on the roster Brown, Carter, Crable, James, Jenkins, McKenzie, Miller, Ohrnberger and 8 players on PS so I don't see the extra spots BTW Kaczur hasn't been put on PuP or IR so he still counts against the the roster

OH MY GOD! THIS ACTUALLY KEPT ME UP! You counted 53 because you counted Vollmer twice. 

Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer, Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer, Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram

I think Belichick is trying to make sure Crable earns his spot on the roster without trying to make him complacent, but going into a game with only 3 OLBs is a bad idea. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : OH MY GOD! THIS ACTUALLY KEPT ME UP! You counted 53 because you counted Vollmer twice.  Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer , Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer , Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram I think Belichick is trying to make sure Crable earns his spot on the roster without trying to make him complacent, but going into a game with only 3 OLBs is a bad idea. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    Ha, it was bothering me too.  I've heard of addition by subtraction but I know if that if you have 53 and subtract Maroney it shouldn't equal 53.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The roster posted on the Pats web site has 53 names on it, but one is Mankins who doesn't currently count, so it looks like they're at 52 and have one more slot to fill. Who knows why it's not filled yet.  Could be that BB wants to keep his options open about which PS player to promote; or maybe he doesn't want to show his hand to the Jets yet; or maybe he's trying to bring someone new in. I bet we don't find out till Sunday. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

They said they'd add the 53rd guy by the end of the week.  Considering that they can't activate all 53 on Sunday I don't think it's that big of a deal that they're waiting.  I also see no reason to elevate J. James from the practice squad.  He's not going to play as the 5th string RB anyways and he's really not that great of a prospect that I'd be concerned about losing him to another team.  My guess is they may re-sign Murrell or activate Crable as they only have 3 OLB's on the roster right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rofl, damn I missed the extra Vollmer. I went through the Pats depth chart and was looking for the obvious double backups. I guess I didn't even notice that Vollmer is listed twice. So yeah we do have 52 on team and 7 on PS.

Hrm interesting maybe they are keeping it open for Mankins to rurn or Green or maybe something is brewing but I can't imagine what. Either way it doesn't matter since you can only dress 45 so anyone they bring up most likely wouldn't dress right away anyways

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

I you are looking at the roster at Patriots.com, you do not have the latest info.
    By the end of next week, Javaris James will be listed on the roster even though he was elevated to the 53 man roster Thursday. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's taking so long filling the roster and PS spots? : OH MY GOD! THIS ACTUALLY KEPT ME UP! You counted 53 because you counted Vollmer twice.  Welker, Tate, Slater, Light, Vollmer , Levoir, Connolly, Ojinnaka, Koppen, Wendell, Neal, Vollmer , Kaczur, Maneri, Crumpler, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Brady, Hoyer, Taylor, BJGE, Faulk, Morris, Moss, Edelman, Price, Warren, Pryor, Cummingham, Wifork, Brace, Love, Wright, Deaderick, TBC, Mayo, White, Guyton, Spikes, Ninkovich, Fletcher, Butler, Wheatley, Arrington, McCourty, Wihite, Meriweather, Chung, Sanders, Page, Gostkowski, Mesko, Ingram I think Belichick is trying to make sure Crable earns his spot on the roster without trying to make him complacent, but going into a game with only 3 OLBs is a bad idea. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

HA!  I knew I wasn't crazy, just yet.  James is showing on the roster on BDC, but why haven't we heard of it. Reiss did say yesterday on his chat that he didn't think James was going to be promoted, so who knows. 
    Regardless, there are 2 open spots and it just seems strange they haven't filled them yet.  Just saying; shouldn't someone be practicing?
    I don't ever remember them taking so long to fill positions, before.  That just kind of makes me think they are waiting for someone to sign.  But who?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I wish we had 2 Vollmers. 

Anyhow, I don't think anything big is brewing. I think the Pats possibly resign Murrell, promote Crable or something like that. Nothing that is going to be earth shattering like trading for Demarcus Ware or Ray Edwards....now that would be nice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I wish we had 2 Vollmers.  Anyhow, I don't think anything big is brewing. I think the Pats possibly resign Murrell, promote Crable or something like that. Nothing that is going to be earth shattering like trading for Demarcus Ware or Ray Edwards....now that would be nice. 
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

What about Mankins?  I did read on the "Herald" LOL. that they thought he was going to sign soon!
    Also thought it was odd that BB said they would fill the position at the end of the week.  Since when, does he tip his hand?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

It would be great to have two Volmers.  How do we get that done?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hingen. Show hingen's posts

53rd man - Aaron Schobel to the Pats?

Yes, he wantet lots of money and NE really need a pass rusher.
    Here are the fact:
    1. He wants too much money which team has to guarantee his salary if sign him before the opener.
    2. Pats has a vacant roster spot.
    3. Pats NEED a pass rusher.
    4. Pats could try him out now.
    Thoughts?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cschaff. Show cschaff's posts

It seems Javarris James has been promoted to 53 man roster:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeachRooster. Show BeachRooster's posts

Management will wait until the last possible second to make the final roster adjustments.

Sections
Shortcuts