Whats the deal with Hernandez?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Whats the deal with Hernandez?

I'm sure he is actually hurt, so I dont mean that. But, my question is to wonder why he was supposed to be out 4-6 weeks, and was....then he comes back, and goes off hurt again almost immediately, and is out for what so far? three more weeks or so since his "return"? So did he never heal properly to begin with? And if not, why was he allowed to go back in? If he did heal and was given medical clearancce to play, has he re-injured the ankle in the game he played? If so, I've not read this, but it could be I missed it. Are we ever going to see him at full strength this season? IMO Gronk still doesnt look like himself, at least not the total dominance he showed last year. That could be because of the lack of Hernanadez being out there to balance him though, we will see. And finally, have the Pats hired the cast offs from the Red Sox medical staff? Now it all makes sense.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Whats the deal with Hernandez?

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I'm sure he is actually hurt, so I dont mean that. But, my question is to wonder why he was supposed to be out 4-6 weeks, and was....then he comes back, and goes off hurt again almost immediately, and is out for what so far? three more weeks or so since his "return"? So did he never heal properly to begin with? And if not, why was he allowed to go back in? If he did heal and was given medical clearancce to play, has he re-injured the ankle in the game he played? If so, I've not read this, but it could be I missed it. Are we ever going to see him at full strength this season? IMO Gronk still doesnt look like himself, at least not the total dominance he showed last year. That could be because of the lack of Hernanadez being out there to balance him though, we will see. And finally, have the Pats hired the cast offs from the Red Sox medical staff? Now it all makes sense.....

"So did he never heal properly to begin with? And if not, why was he allowed to go back in?"

aas a player, and a player devoted to the team he wanted to get in.

its up to the coaches with the assit of the drs to make that call for him when he is saynig he can play.

with a high ankle sprain, he shoulda been kept out 9unless it was jsut before playoffs maybe, until he healed that ankle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

"So did he never heal properly to begin with? And if not, why was he allowed to go back in?"

aas a player, and a player devoted to the team he wanted to get in.

its up to the coaches with the assit of the drs to make that call for him when he is saynig he can play.

with a high ankle sprain, he shoulda been kept out 9unless it was jsut before playoffs maybe, until he healed that ankle

Looks like youre right about the 9. May have to hold him back.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

3rd season and has yet to complete a full season.  He is a great talent when he is on the field but I worry about him being the type of player who gets hurt year after year and won't be able to ever live up to his full potential as a player because he can not stay healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

3rd season and has yet to complete a full season.  He is a great talent when he is on the field but I worry about him being the type of player who gets hurt year after year and won't be able to ever live up to his full potential as a player because he can not stay healthy.

I agree, great talent but he's looking like one of those guys that rarely make it through 16 games. Kind of like Fred Taylor was. He's still a key player on the offense and makes it even better. Its great to have him playing here. They played him too soon and he set himself back. It's better to hold a guy out until he's 100% healthy with that type injury. Let's hope he's back for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think doctors can actually identify problems and give exact dates for healing.  People get upset BB doesn't say how many weeks a guy is out or whether he'll be healthy enough to play on Sunday. 

Truth is, he probably doesn't know.  All you can really do is take the players word most of the time.  You just can't take humans and remove all the parts to check them out, there's some inexact science to detecting how bad an injury is and when it will heal.

I'm gonna go out on the limb and say Hernandez probably said he felt great so they medical staff put him thrugh some agility drills and he looked good.  Then he practiced and played and hurt his ankle again.  What can you do? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Seems like alot of Pats players are injured alot, but doesnt it seem like almost every Florida Gator player the Pats draft is either injured alot, has off-filed issues, or is just a bust???  Maybe the Pats should stay away from them from now on......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think Hern is back Thanksgiving against the Jets

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree and the truth is you will be labeled irrational and a troll for saying that. I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised he's hurt - he's been hurt every year he's been here. He gets up grabbing something at least once a game, weather it be his ankle, knee or shoulder. I hope he can put an end to these things that make him miss four games per season, because he is the type of guy that can get 90 plus catches a year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

BB also sets the game plan and play calling up for the opponent. He was needed two weeks ago and they don't need him agin until the jets game perhaps. Lots of talent on the O. He will be ready for the stretch run and playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

BB also sets the game plan and play calling up for the opponent. He was needed two weeks ago and they don't need him agin until the jets game perhaps. Lots of talent on the O. He will be ready for the stretch run and playoffs. 

Lets hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Let him heal, the Pats seem to be doing well while he is.  What's the rush?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I guess the Patriots stopped using steroids and other PEDs and forgot it takes longer to heal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's holding a block when Edelman (who wouldn't even be on the team if BB didn't play Demps into an injury) rolls up on the back of his leg, bending his ankle 60 degrees.  You sound a lot like clueless Rusty here.  I worry about you being the type poster who goes Negative year after year and won't be able to ever live to your full potential as a poster because you can't stay positive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

He's got one of the worst no surgery required injuries you can get.  He rushed to get back as quickly as possible and as we found out, it was too rushed and he got set back because of it.  Now I'm sure the coaches aren't going to let him get a whiff of the field until he is fully healed, because another setback can't be afforded.  He is far more needed in the weeks ahead than now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I agree and the truth is you will be labeled irrational and a troll for saying that. I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised he's hurt - he's been hurt every year he's been here. He gets up grabbing something at least once a game, weather it be his ankle, knee or shoulder. I hope he can put an end to these things that make him miss four games per season, because he is the type of guy that can get 90 plus catches a year. 

My you missed the play.  It was the one that Edelwaste rolled up on the back of his leg. Bending it like a pretzel. Yeah what a soft *ussy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Bedard's story today says the Pats are holding him back for the Thanksgiving Day game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I guess the Patriots stopped using steroids and other PEDs and forgot it takes longer to heal.

Anonymis? Now we know why. Drunken ramblings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Bedard's story today says the Pats are holding him back for the Thanksgiving Day game.

Yeah, that makes sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

My you missed the play.  It was the one that Edelwaste rolled up on the back of his leg. Bending it like a pretzel. Yeah what a soft *ussy.

No I'm just basing it on the fact that he got hurt last year...concussion and before that a knee and the year before a knee. Now an ankle - he's kind of built like a wide receiver - yet he takes some serious hits and plays in a lot of traffic (never mind that he has to block). Maybe it all just adds up to bad luck? Either way, he's missed something like 12 games in three seasons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

No I'm just basing it on the fact that he got hurt last year...concussion and before that a knee and the year before a knee. Now an ankle - he's kind of built like a wide receiver - yet he takes some serious hits and plays in a lot of traffic (never mind that he has to block). Maybe it all just adds up to bad luck? Either way, he's missed something like 12 games in three seasons.

Didn't BB have him playing FB on the play he got concussed ala Richard Seymour?  Can't really blame the guy for being played outta position.

I guess I really like the guy since I'm making excuses for him. Now Chung and Brace who both suck and are always injured should be cut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they are going to need him for the houston and san fran games and most likely the playoffs....so being cautious here is a good thing IMO....the offense has been doing very well without him so, so there has been no need to rush.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

Anonymis? Now we know why. Drunken ramblings.

LOL. You're such a homer.

Spikes

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2010/12/10/patriots-lb-brandon-spikes-has-been-handed-a-four-game-suspension/

Harrison

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2999994

Bolden

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4734004/patriots-bolden-suspended-four-games

Really? I admit I drink, but I'm not nearly as stupid and naiive as you? LMAO

Boohoo, cry and sulk like a little child :)

Sections
Shortcuts