What's the problem? Talent, play calling, or coaching?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: What's the problem? Talent, play calling, or coaching?

Has anyone noticed how often this year the opposing defense knows EXACTLY what the Patriots offense is going to do?  It has happened OVER AND OVER again, including yesterday (Vontae Davis said he knew a fade to Moss was coming), the 4th down in New Orleans when Mike Mckenzie jumped an out to Moss on 4th down.  The offense is way too predictable, and thats the fault of the coaching staff, from Bill O'Brien to Bill Belichick.

As someone mentioned, the same players play the first half and second half.  It's all about the adjustments to the game plan, and that's where we are lacking right now.  

Comments about Brady being distracted are ridiculous garbage, he's more fiery this year than I've seen in years, it comes down to X's and O's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

In Response to What's

the problem? Talent,

play calling, or coaching?
    :
    [QUOTE]What do you think is the primary problem with the Patriots?
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonpete. Show bostonpete's posts

In Response to Re: What's the problem? Talent, play calling, or coaching?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What's the problem? Talent, play calling, or coaching? :
    Posted by bostonpete[/QUOTE]
    The problem is coaching.  Bill's arrogance has finally gotten the best of him.  You can not continually year after year discard productive players and replace them with has beens or never weres.  To this day, is there a fan out there that would not rather have Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Assante Samuel and Ty Law, even if they are aging?  They are still more talented than the guys Bellichick is employing.  A system only works with real players in the system.  Coaching #2  Bill O'Brien is pathetic!  He can not game plan, has no killer instinct, and is as unorganized as they come.  The Pats do not lack talent on offense, only imagination.  Talent is a problem however on defense, where there is no pass rush and our best DB is average at best.  Perhaps the Krafts bare some of the burden too though.  They are one of the wealthiest franchises, yet every year we lose quality players who can't get paid in New England.  Case in point, Ty Law, Assante Samuel, Willie McGinest, Adam Vinatieri, Deon Branch, David Givens, Dan Graham, Jabbar Gaffney, and the list goes on.  The Krafts however pay reclamation bottom dwellers such as Junior Seau, Shawn Springs, Chris Baker, Fred Taylor, etc.  Lastly, part of the problem is Tom Brady.  He was at his best when every WR/TE or RB was a viable otion as a receiver.  Now its all Welker and Moss.  When was the last time Ben Watson got a few passes in a game?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

1st... go for the field goal... 2nd the wide receivers need to look at some Jerry Rice moves, i bet they still work... welker is amazing but it is so obvious how they use him... moss maybe block, then go for a pass... ala the cardinals scheme of things... BB is getting boring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Speedyrpm. Show Speedyrpm's posts

I just know it is sad to watch them lose games that over the past few years they would easily win.  They have just lost that little something they have had over the past few years.  Watching their second half performances this year remind me of years ago when teams would get the lead late in a game then go into the "prevent defense" only to lose in the end.  They may not be going into a "prevent defense" but they have sure lost the ability to finish a game when leading.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

Sorry guys I haven't been watching the past couple weeks. I watched the Nawlins game up to the third quarter. Didn't watch the Phins game at all. Looks like I didn't miss much. But I just had a bad feeling when I saw we were up by only 2 with a couple minutes left.

BB has had to basically rebuild some if not all of the franchise every year ever since winning the second SB. And he really grew a set when he let go big Sey. BB has been taking BIG gambles with talent and some of it is backfiring. Burgess is a flop for example, but he also has some good guys in the secondary who are young, fast, and furious (Chung will mature) but no veteran leadership to coordinate their efforts. We are seeing now how important that was. It's all about the intangibles. Also, where was Vullmer? Did he play? All I know is Brady had ALL DAY to throw in the INDY game! Keep him in there!

And I agree too that playcalling is HUGE. Being predictable doesn't keep the other team on their toes and allows them to carry out their gameplan without adjustments. We did more with less when we had Romeo and Charlie. I say bring em back. And Quick!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

The problem is the other team scores more points then we do, that is why we lose games. To solve this problem we need to put the ball in the endzone or through the goal posts and prevent the other team from doing the same. Sound simplistic?
    yes but sometimes it seem our players don't understand the reason they're on the field.

TEAM MEETING:
    1. move our ball score points
    2. stop their ball no points
    3.win game

Sections
Shortcuts