What's up with all the thumb injuries this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

What's up with all the thumb injuries this year?

It seems to be more frequent than I can remember in the past. Has anyone noticed players targeting them in contact intentionaly. Just sems to be recureing too frequently to be incedential. If so is it a form of violation of any rules?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Re: What's up with all the thumb injuries this year?

My Theory: Players on defense seem to be adjusting to the tackling rules to avoid penalties and by doing so, are doing more grabbing or trying to grab on tackles rather than actuallly lowering the shoulder and hitting.  Thus, more thumb and hand injuries!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

In Response to What's up with all the thumb injuries this year?:
    [QUOTE]It seems to be more frequent than I can remember in the past. Has anyone noticed players targeting them in contact intentionaly. Just sems to be recureing too frequently to be incedential. If so is it a form of violation of any rules?
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

Like everything this year, it has got to be the result of a shortened preseason.  Perhaps the players did not have enough time to get their thumbs into game shape before the season started.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In Response to What's up with all the thumb injuries this year?:
    [QUOTE]It seems to be more frequent than I can remember in the past. Has anyone noticed players targeting them in contact intentionaly. Just sems to be recureing too frequently to be incedential. If so is it a form of violation of any rules?
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

Perhaps players sitting around sucking their thumbs during the lockout softened them up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Team captains are decided by thumb wars.

Sections
Shortcuts