What's up with Koppen?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: What's up with Koppen?

I've always liked him. Seems he hasn't come back from the inkury the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In response to What's up with Koppen?:

He's been a stalwart on the offensive line for a decade, and now I hear he's on the roster bubble?  I don't get it.  How old is he?

Hes up there in age, and he has not preformed as well as he did before the injury.

when connelly took over last year he did just as good if not better then Koppen, and he costs less.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Koppen will be 33 in a couple weeks. His spot could depend on Waters' return. The big thing against him is his lack of versatility. He plays center and that's it. Most of the other linemen can play multiple positions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I would not be surprised at all if he is cut.  They've had like 4 guys take snaps at center this preseason.  Koppen is getting up there in age and he hasn't looked that strong coming off his injury.  As others have noted the fact that he can only play center definitely hurts his chances.  His knowledge of the offense might be enough to get him a roster spot, but if BB decides to let him go I wouldn't think twice about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

older slower weaker and paid to much other than that nothing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Koppen will be 33 in a couple weeks. His spot could depend on Waters' return. The big thing against him is his lack of versatility. He plays center and that's it. Most of the other linemen can play multiple positions.

I wouldn't necessarily underestimate the importance of a good center.  The center is often times the first person to recognize what defenses are going to do - and will bark out instructions as needed. So, just because all he can do is play is play center, remember that although other lineman can play 1 or 2 spots - center might not be one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gravity

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Age and the injuries. He was a decent center for years, tends to get pushed around by bigger guys. He's a favorite of Bradys though and that's probably a big part as to why he's still here now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wouldn't necessarily underestimate the importance of a good center.  The center is often times the first person to recognize what defenses are going to do - and will bark out instructions as needed. So, just because all he can do is play is play center, remember that although other lineman can play 1 or 2 spots - center might not be one of them.

I think everyone would agree with what you say about having a good center, however I don't think you can call Koppen a good center anymore. I think there's a chance he makes it just because of our injuries and lack of quality depth, but if it weren't for that I'd say he was a goner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbear3915. Show mbear3915's posts

My guess is he either makes the roster ...  or retires with grace and dignity - just like Tedy B did when it wasn't in the cards for him to make the team.

Sections
Shortcuts