What's up with Patriots' wives and running their mouth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What's up with Patriots' wives and running their mouth?

Last year, Tom Brady's wife had harsh words following the conclusion of the New England Patriots' season.

This year, it's the wife of receiver Wes Welker making news.

Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, used social-media site Facebook to take a few shots atBaltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night after the Patriots' 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks.

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook," said said. "I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

Welker led the Patriots in receiving Sunday with 117 yards and a touchdown on eight catches in the loss, but could have played his last game for New England as he is set to become a free agent this offseason.

Lewis, who announced weeks ago that he would retire at the conclusion of Baltimore's season, led all players with 14 tackles.

After last year's Super Bowl, Brady's wife, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, while waiting for an elevator at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, lashed out at the Patriots' receiving corps for failing to haul in her husband's passes as she spoke to people in her group.

Welker had dropped a crucial pass late in the fourth quarter of the 21-17 loss to the New York Giants, while Patriots receiver Deion Branch and tight end Aaron Hernandez dropped passes on New England's final drive.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," Bundchen said, in a sequence captured on video.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com contributor Mike Mazzeo and The Associated Press was used in is report.

First of all, anyone else ammused that a woman who's known for wearing clothes that show off half her butt and most of her breast is talking about people not being good role models? I mean, she's essentially a stripper and she's acting high and mighty to someone else. 

Anyway, someone tell Ms. Burns to tell her husband to learn how to catch the ball when it matters. Would help if he grew 5 inches and ran .30 seconds faster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mpb2008. Show mpb2008's posts

Re: What's up with Patriots' wives and running their mouth?

Well its not like either one of them was wrong in what they said.  Coupled with the fact that the Pats do not like their players speaking out, what the h*ll might as well let the ladies do it.

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Last year, Tom Brady's wife had harsh words following the conclusion of the New England Patriots' season.

Welker's wife, Anna Burns Welker, used social-media site Facebook to take a few shots atBaltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis on Sunday night after the Patriots' 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC Championship Game.

Patriots Offseason
    Patriots

The Pats' season ended with a "crash landing" in the AFC title game. An offseason of decisons looms. Blog Live 
    • Top priorities | Biggest needs
    • Reiss: Piecing together losses » 
    • Brady wants Welker back » Walker »
    • MacMullan: Mojo was missing Video 
    • Reiss: Can't keep up with Flacco Video

More coverage »

"Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!" Burns Welker said in a since-deleted post on her personal Facebook page.

Burns Welker released a statement to sports blog Larry Brown Sports apologizing for her remarks.

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook," said said. "I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

Welker led the Patriots in receiving Sunday with 117 yards and a touchdown on eight catches in the loss, but could have played his last game for New England as he is set to become a free agent this offseason.

Lewis, who announced weeks ago that he would retire at the conclusion of Baltimore's season, led all players with 14 tackles.

After last year's Super Bowl, Brady's wife, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, while waiting for an elevator at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, lashed out at the Patriots' receiving corps for failing to haul in her husband's passes as she spoke to people in her group.

Welker had dropped a crucial pass late in the fourth quarter of the 21-17 loss to the New York Giants, while Patriots receiver Deion Branch and tight end Aaron Hernandez dropped passes on New England's final drive.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," Bundchen said, in a sequence captured on video.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com contributor Mike Mazzeo and The Associated Press was used in is report.

First of all, anyone else ammused that a woman who's known for wearing clothes that show off half her butt and most of her breast is talking about people not being good role models? I mean, she's essentially a stripper and she's acting high and mighty to someone else. 

Anyway, someone tell Ms. Burns to tell her husband to learn how to catch the ball when it matters. Would help if he grew 5 inches and ran .30 seconds faster. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Seem's the players contracts and Belichick's orders don't extend beyond the players themselves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Will the wives tear apart the team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Shaddap, Luck and Peyton are one and doners. At least Brady won one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I don't know any details about Ray Lewis life. If Wiki is accurate, and I have no idea if it is, then I wouuld not have apologized if I was her. If it's the truth then stand on it.

So short sshorts and a T-shirt is being a stripper? I guess every women in the world that goes to  the beach in a bikini is a stripper because they are showing off more of thier body than short shorts and T-shirt.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

She is not alone Social media has made fools of all of us as we post our thoughts with out thinking many times

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I don't know who made her apologize, I certainly wouldn't if I was her. She happens to be right. As far as I am concern both the teams in the SB this year are nothing but a bunch of thugs. I wonder if their head coaches have anything to do with that. I am not sure the NFL really needs Ray Lewis as their poster boy for the next two weeks. I know one family that will not be watching.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/ 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

Shaddap, Luck and Peyton are one and doners. At least Brady won one. 

Yep - the pats D showed up for that game.  Come to think of it they showed up for the Ravens game too.

The colts weren't nearly as good as their record, so I wasn't surprised by that outcome.  On the other hand, Manning threw 3 TD's vs. the Ravens and his kicker missed a FG.  The pats defensive effort would have won the game for Manning, but Brady just couldn't deliver.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The better question is who cares?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

49 really really?? I'm surprised you would post this!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

I don't know who made her apologize, I certainly wouldn't if I was her. She happens to be right. As far as I am concern both the teams in the SB this year are nothing but a bunch of thugs. I wonder if their head coaches have anything to do with that. I am not sure the NFL really needs Ray Lewis as their poster boy for the next two weeks. I know one family that will not be watching.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/ 

And if we make it we're a bunch of choir boys, right? Even with Talib the multiple violent offender and Dennard the cop fighter? -_-...

Pot...meet kettle. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

49 really really?? I'm surprised you would post this!

Well, I apologize if I offended you, my lady. But maybe it's because it's coming from Welker's wife when her husband has costed me two games in the playoffs or maybe it's because it's Ray Lewis is one of my all time favorite LBs along with Bruschi and McGinest, but I'm not a fan of people acting high and migty towards others or sore losers. 

We lost, get over it. No need to get personal. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

it's called "stand by your man."

I think that patsy kline sang that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

no tammy wynette

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

patsy sang crazy and i fall to pieces

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Patriots Offseason
    Patriots

The Pats' season ended with a "crash landing" in the AFC title game. An offseason of decisons looms. Blog Live 

More coverage »

+100

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Go Anna Welker. Love your comment. What is so great about a guy who got away with murder? NOTHING!

As for the game NE did not play like themselves. They are capable of putting up 40+ pts and should have done so. As for welker, I am sick of him. Way to many drops. Let him walk we will be fine.

He (and the team too) but yes wes cost us some games and ridleys fumble didn't help either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to WelkerRules' comment:

Go Anna Welker. Love your comment. What is so great about a guy who got away with murder? NOTHING!

As for the game NE did not play like themselves. They are capable of putting up 40+ pts and should have done so. As for welker, I am sick of him. Way to many drops. Let him walk we will be fine.

He (and the team too) but yes wes cost us some games and ridleys fumble didn't help either.

I have mention this in other threads, but Talib tried to shoot his sister's boyfriend and beat up a cab driver. Brady has kids with multiple women... It is just the NFL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'll side with the stripper over the murderer every time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to WelkerRules' comment:

I have mention this in other threads, but Talib tried to shoot his sister's boyfriend and beat up a cab driver. Brady has kids with multiple women... It is just the NFL.

Brady has kids with two different women? GASP! Next thing you'll tell me is that he double parked once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Patriots Offseason
    Patriots

More coverage »

+100

-100. You've been neutered jints.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Calling a beautiful woman who models underware a stripper is pretty pathetic. At least somebody's got the balls to say something cause the players sure can't.. Yet the Ravens are still whining and running their mouths and Harbaugh isn't telling them to shut up. You know why -he believes it gives them an edge and I believe it does.. For crist sakes Belichick stop squeezing your players balls, turn them loose and let them be the men they are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Calling a beautiful woman who models underware a stripper is pretty pathetic. At least somebody's got the balls to say something cause the players sure can't.. Yet the Ravens are still whining and running their mouths and Harbaugh isn't telling them to shut up. You know why -he believes it gives them an edge and I believe it does.. For crist sakes Belichick stop squeezing your players balls, turn them loose and let them be the men they are.

I like it! 

Sections
Shortcuts