What's Up With Percy Harvin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Re: What's Up With Percy Harvin?

[QUOTE]I disagree with the assessment of his not translating to the NFL Harvin is an ultra fast WR whose not afraid to go over the middle on a slant route,his YAK is other worldly plus he's a monster on Kickoff returns,he can play RB but is more of a Kevin Faulk type not a 3 down back,if he's avaiable at #23 and you are looking for the steal of the draft then look no further!
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. He's an athlete and a playmaker, dump him a screen pass and see what he can do. He's more of a Faulk than a Moss. I really like his patience and vision- and once he sees a hole, he hits is so fast that he's already past 5 yards from line of scrimmage(take note Maroney!). I'd rather see someone like him than another "small corner back with fluid hips and great change of direction".  You can get that type of cornerback in second third rounds but a natural playmaker like this only exist in the first round. Plus a little pot never killed anyone, didn't Kevin Faulk get caught "with possession" last year? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think you draft a guy that fails a test at the combine.  Come on, they know when the combine is going to be and still smoke the stuff knowing a pee test is coming.  You either have to be really stupid or just don't care enough or worse are really addicted to it. I wouldn't take a kid that falls into any of those three categories. 
    Posted by Pats7393[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, his off-field problems go all the way back to high school.

No, thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' a good article on Percy Harvin: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1007701.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

He is a good player, but if you ask me who i would rather draft Harvin or Brian Robiski from Ohio State I would take Robiski every time. Robiski will end up being the best WR in teh draft and he would be a perfect fit for the Pats, the son of a NFL WR coach with an insane work ethic, sounds like a Pat to me. The last time we took a FL WR it was Chad Jackson, we could have drafted Santonio Holmes out of Ohio State that year but we took Jackson instead of moving up for Holmes and now we have the choice between Percy Harvin from FL State and Brian Robiski from Ohio State and i would hate to make the same mistake twice. Robiski would develop into a very good WR in NE more so then Harvin would from where i sit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' more reason for teams to have concerns about Percy Harvin...if the following article from the NY Daily News is true. It cites Harvin as a potential medical risk...besides being a character risk: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/harvins-medical-issues-under-microscope/.

Of course, this could be a bundle of misinformation from the Jests...a team thats' desparate for WRs...in hopes that Harvin might eventually drop to them in round 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Harvin is sure to be off of a number of draft boards. He may be an interesting draft story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Prairiemike, Are you kissing a goat in that avatar?  That's the worst avatar I've ever seen.   You seem like a knowledgeable Pat's fan but I have to say that I'm probably going to have to hit the "ignore button" on you just so I never have to look at that avatar again.
    Posted by celtfan[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Prairiemike, Are you kissing a goat in that avatar?  That's the worst avatar I've ever seen.   You seem like a knowledgeable Pat's fan but I have to say that I'm probably going to have to hit the "ignore button" on you just so I never have to look at that avatar again.
    Posted by celtfan[/QUOTE]

That is (or was) Tim the Enchanter.  If you don't know who Tim the Enchanter is, it doesn't really matter. I like the Mark Henderson one a lot better anyway.