Whats Up with the Big Fella!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Whats Up with the Big Fella!?

I know I am not the only one who has noticed. Big Vince has yet to even smile this season. I know he is a mean dude in the trenches and is a beast but I recall him always having fun on the field even so. I remember him being mic'd up a few times and noone has more fun out there than him. This year though, I have noticed this serious face that looks to be more than a "game face"

If he was still playing the same, I would worry about it, but after a few weeks I think its concerning for a few reasons. # 1 being we have NOONE behind him and Kelly. Joe Vallano aint gonna cut it inside by himself. # 2  A.Armstead - the 8th wonder of the world may not suit up for another few weeks and whats HE gonna look like?  Weve all been seeing Vince log a lot of snaps the past couple years and I hope he hasnt hit the wall so to speak. He has been effectively single blocked for most of the 3 games they have played. Is the scheme different and he is splitting gaps now? Is it due to moving guys around and CJ playing DT? and he is upset about being taken off the field in certain situations?  Idk, but at one point during the last game they panned to Vince on the sideline and the look in his eyes told me something is going on.

I think it could be something personal he is dealing with and its affecting him mentally. He doesnt look like the same guy having fun out there. Our D hasnt suffered that much either way but Im concerned going forward against the bigger, badder teams. We are gonna need the old Vince back. So has anyone heard any news on why he has looked like his dog died.  Am I the only one noticing this?  I really think BB should cover himself and try to trade for someone, just a consistent body, or bring in a free agent for depth. Doesnt have to be a great player. How about bringing Brace back.. Is he healthy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Re: Whats Up with the Big Fella!?

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I know I am not the only one who has noticed. Big Vince has yet to even smile this season. I know he is a mean dude in the trenches and is a beast but I recall him always having fun on the field even so. I remember him being mic'd up a few times and noone has more fun out there than him. This year though, I have noticed this serious face that looks to be more than a "game face"

If he was still playing the same, I would worry about it, but after a few weeks I think its concerning for a few reasons. # 1 being we have NOONE behind him and Kelly. Joe Vallano aint gonna cut it inside by himself. # 2  A.Armstead - the 8th wonder of the world may not suit up for another few weeks and whats HE gonna look like?  Weve all been seeing Vince log a lot of snaps the past couple years and I hope he hasnt hit the wall so to speak. He has been effectively single blocked for most of the 3 games they have played. Is the scheme different and he is splitting gaps now? Is it due to moving guys around and CJ playing DT? and he is upset about being taken off the field in certain situations?  Idk, but at one point during the last game they panned to Vince on the sideline and the look in his eyes told me something is going on.

I think it could be something personal he is dealing with and its affecting him mentally. He doesnt look like the same guy having fun out there. Our D hasnt suffered that much either way but Im concerned going forward against the bigger, badder teams. We are gonna need the old Vince back. So has anyone heard any news on why he has looked like his dog died.  Am I the only one noticing this?  I really think BB should cover himself and try to trade for someone, just a consistent body, or bring in a free agent for depth. Doesnt have to be a great player. How about bringing Brace back.. Is he healthy?

Agreed! Something isn't right - hope he's OK because he's been great for the team since he was drafted. He's given back to the community and been a good citizen - rare in the NFL!

That last statement may or may not be true. Just dawned on me that the media isn't all over positive news...negativity sells papers and gets internet hits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Did you see his interview following the NYJ game? The one with the NFLN panel? He looked to be in a great mood to me. 

Let's go Pats!

Let's go Pats!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

IMO on D all we should ever draft is DT and DL.  When we drafted there we won SBs. Get the DBs in FA. I think big Vince knows his window along with Brady's is closing and its win now baby. BB is the master of drafting these guys when he uses a high pick. Yeah I know brace but the body of work.  When these guys plug the middle and push back, the rest of the D looks good.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Did you see his interview following the NYJ game? The one with the NFLN panel? He looked to be in a great mood to me. 

Let's go Pats!

Let's go Pats!

No I didnt catch that. Was probably passed out. If so, thats great news. I hadnt seen  any interviews with him yet this year. If he is good and healthy then all I can attribute it to is him maybe being more about bizness on the field and maybe all the years of not winning it all are taking its toll and he wants to set the tone. If so, I will not complain about that. I am concerned still about his play though. He hasnt played like Vince I know and we havent played anyone yet. ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

IMO on D all we should ever draft is DT and DL.  When we drafted there we won SBs. Get the DBs in FA. I think big Vince knows his window along with Brady's is closing and its win now baby. BB is the master of drafting these guys when he uses a high pick. Yeah I know brace but the body of work.  When these guys plug the middle and push back, the rest of the D looks good.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

I agree, I think he its a sense of Urgency for Vince. Brace was a 2nd rounder and a product of playing next to BJ Raji and being single covered. Have to always be careful with those. You wanna get THE guy on the D line, not the OTHER guy, but yes I agree with approach

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Vince is fine.  He was in a great mood after the Jets game with the NFLN panel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I watched the post-Jets game interview as well.  Sure looked like the same old Vince to me.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thx Guys! I feel better now. I thought maybe he was dealing with some off field, personal stuff.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

c'mon guys. Dont sh*t on my lawn please...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Let's go Pats!

Let's go Pats!

I did see that and he looked great to me.  Maybe he is feeling the weight of no D line depth.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

c'mon guys. Dont sh*t on my lawn please...

Like you're doing to mine in the other thread?

Also, talk to Bustchise. He's the one doing it. I gave my take on Vince above, then he decided to stalk me.

Go to the source. Approach the troll directly.

I understand you didnt start it and I appreciate your kind words earlier. I just ask that you not engage him in derailing another thread. I dont recall derailing one of your threads though. When did this happen?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought I read somewhere his snap count is down from years past. Can anyone confirm? 

Is he being asked to do anything differently this year? 

I don't think it's injury related. We can speculate, but nothing has been reported on it nor is he on any injury reports. I would rather assume based on this that its either off to a bad start, or bb asking him to do something different. 

Its unlike him to get manned up single handedly. maybe he is just starting to enter the downside of his career? Not saying he isn't still great, but maybe not the once dominating force he once was...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is only one man who is known as "The Big Fella".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Shizzles is talking about Vince being all but invisible through the first 3 games of the year and not even being doubleteamed anymore.

SLight concern from this view. Or, he's just off to a bad start. Or, he's coming back from a nagging minor injury he's played through before.

It's likely that he's suffering from pancakeitis from that crushing hit he took from Jet "bust" Vlad.  The emotional damage to a 10 million dollar a year player from a crushing hit like that is beyond words.  Who's a worse value t 10 mil/year Fat Vince or  Mankins?

[/QUOTE]

Or, he's just still exhausted from pushing fat boy Brandon Moore into Mark Sanchez's head causing the greatest blooper in sports history.  You speaking about "emotional damage" to another team's player is at the height of irony.  Almost as ironic as you making fun of a person, a person you're so clearly obsessed with btw, for his post count on his own team's message board.  Ever think of how stupid you look on a daily basis here, buttfumble boy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I just hate it when two or more posters get into a 'you said, no you said' off-topic pizzing contest that derails an interesting post.  *>:P phbbbbt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

I just hate it when two or more posters get into a 'you said, no you said' off-topic pizzing contest that derails an interesting post.  *>:P phbbbbt 

You probably don't enjoy someone letting the air out of your tires or pi$$ing on your cornflakes either.  

To be clear about your post, dustcover:  Amen in spades.

Sections
Shortcuts