What's wrong with Peyton Manning?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: What's wrong with Peyton Manning?

In Response to Re: What's wrong with Peyton Manning?:
    In Response to Re: What's wrong with Peyton Manning? : Hey now, hold on. Caldwell is not a bad coach. At least he is better than I thought before today. At 2:43, he ran down a ref to call a timeout and stop the clock. Excellent time management. This marked the first time I have ever seen him give a hint that he knew he was even at the game.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Hey Root...have you heard from "The Dog(gggg), Coltsman73, a/k/a Horsecolt18, or Jules Whitfield, lately?? LOL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

thats two weeks in a row...thats why none of the colts trolls are on today... 

gomer always got all the credit....that shouldnt change now...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Was it me or did it seem P Manning didn't have the velocity on the ball he usually does?

I think there's something to this. He had a brace on his throwing elbow last night. He said its cause he had some turf burn. Manning is far from the worst QB ever. He's a great QB. He kind of reminds me of Brady last year forcing the ball to Moss for what ever reasons he did that.
    I don't think Mannings receivers are running the right routes. It looks more like he is watching the receivers as opposed to looking off the safeties. I think he's broadcasting where he's throwing the ball and that amplifies bad decisions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Manning is just proving he has always been over rated!  I'm tired of hearing about all the injuries the Colts have, the Patriots have them every year and have done quite well over the years without a running game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from qbno12. Show qbno12's posts

In Response to What's wrong with Peyton Manning?:
    Is he too old? Was he too reliant on Dallas Clark? While Addai is still out...he does have garcon and reggine wayne 2 wrs that were better than what philip rivers had when all his wrs were hurt...rivers still flourished 2 wrs better than what brady has (granted we do have the 2 TEs...but Tamme doesnt look bad at all) Im not watching the game...but my question is...is it that he doesnt trust his offense anymore...OR IS HE GETTING TOO OLD? granted 34 years isnt that old for a qb...but he has attempted over 7000 in game passes...and probably more in practice.
    Posted by dapats1281

Newbie here. I guess it is time we can say Peyton Cannot succeed without talent around him. He struggked against a weak bengals secondary with no touchdowns in that game. Young Pats Defense gave him enough trouble and confused the hell out of him. I guess Pats laid a blue print on how to beat Manning. Chargers and Cowboys beat the pulp out of him. Smile

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10fern. Show mar10fern's posts

Many factors.

Injuries to key players is certainly a big factor but hardly the only one. 

Tom Moore is no longer the offensive coordinator.  He still has a role with the team but HE WAS THE GUY that Manning would seek out first when he hit the sideline.  It wasn't Jim Morar or Tony Dungy...It was Tom Moore.  Moore does not appear to be on the sideline anymoore.  Manning's looking for answers but the guy who had always been there since his first year is no longer there.

Howard Mudd offensive line coach is no longer coaching.  Phil Simms commented on some of the O line misses in the draft for the Colts.  Could be that those players would have been better served by a very seasoned O line coach.

Jim Caldwell?  Hey I don't know any better than any of you...But...Is this guy doing anything on the sidelines except wearing a headset?  It looks like Peyton Manning is the coach more than Jim Caldwell.  At least on offense.  Is there a coach on this staff who is going to take control of this sinking ship.  You can't win games throwing 40+ times week in and week out.  Even if your running game is awful, there has to be some balance if you want to win.  Does anyone have the stones to take the ball out of Manning's hands once in a while and try to develop some semblence of a running game?  Not on this staff.

Peyton.  His mental skills are certainly as good as ever.  His physical skills MUST have diminished at least a little at this point.  It happens.  It doesn't mean he is no longer an elite QB, just that maybe there are some throws he can't make as well as he used to.  Perhaps he needs to make an adjustment in regards to this?

The comments on Peyton and Caldwell are just my worthless opinion.  As far as Moore and Mudd are concerned, THEY ARE BEING MISSED ON THE SIDELINES!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Dallas Clark made Peyton Manning. Next season, he'll be back and the media will be talking about how great he is. Dallas was his go to guy, he was his 3rd down option, his blitz option and Dallas drew double coverage that left Wayne and Garcon to pound single coverage on the outside.

It baffles me to see that when the Colts are winning and excelling it's Peyton Manning making his WRs and TEs, but when a couple of his players get nicked up he looks super average, it's the injuries. Which is it media, if Peyton makes his receivers why can't he make a new bunch? 

And bullcrap to you, Rerun85! For years we've heard analyst say that Peyton makes his WRs and that they'd flame out of the league without him, how he makes his OL because he gets rid of the ball quickly, how he does it all without a running game, but he sure can't produce without the guys he made. And for all the crap the Colts defense gets, Peyton Manning has been the fault. He's thrown 4 pick 6s in the last two games and 11 INTs in the last 3 games. 

There comes a time when the blame has to be placed on the cause. This season, Peyton is the cause. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Sorry, I don't care who you are, who you were or what you had for breakfast yesterday.....It's December in the NFL and there just isn't  any time or patience for EXCUSES.....Everyone is hurt to one degree or another and season ending injuries are just that...Announcers seem to dwell on this aspect of the Colt's present day dilemma a little too much for my tastes....
    Pats have eleven guys on IR......
    Gee I think Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden would look pretty good in the lineup right about now too...

Stop pampering Peyton!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gianfran. Show gianfran's posts

What's wrong with Peyton Manning? He throws way too many touchdowns to the other team's defense.
    Posted by Duc749Rider

The sports media over the years have been responsible for the over-glorification of Manning.  Time and again he has proven to be a choker.  However, the media can't just drop him now without looking like the morons that they are.  The truth will ultimately prevail.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

its going to be pretty funny when the colts give manning 20 mil a year, and continue to not have any depth.

thats why the pats are better then the colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Nothing, I like him like this!!!!!! :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

its going to be pretty funny when the colts give manning 20 mil a year, and continue to not have any depth. thats why the pats are better then the colts.
    Posted by ChasaB

If I'm not mistaken at this point last year Polian made it public that they were working on Peyton's contract. Making him the highest paid player in the NFL. One year later, it's Brady who is the highest paid player in the NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Nothing. He is not the best decision maker in the NFL. He has just had the easiest decisions to make in the past. Now that he doesn't have four probowlers giving him two to three open targets on any play he is forced to actually scan the whole field and find the one open target, or (gasp) deal with those situations where  no one is open and you need to make a tight throw, throw it away, or swallow the ball and take a sack.

Instead of throwing it awy or holding on to the ball a bit longer and making some time with his feet ... he is throwing it to the defenders.

Nothing has changed with Manning. He just lost the targets that have made him  look so good all these years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

One could argue if manning has made those throws in the past or just threw it near someone hoping for PI.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillemDeWit. Show WillemDeWit's posts

I don't know what's wrong with Peyton (if anything... this is a game of inches, and the difference between a passing TD and a passing INT returned for a TD is often very small), but I do fear not playing the Colts in the playoffs and/or next year. I already regret never being able to see a Colts-Pats superbowl.

Sections
Shortcuts