whats wrong with the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Re: whats wrong with the team?

Well i agree and disagree the past 2 weeks before the denver game we had about 8 or 9 players have catches so people are getting the ball Uncleallfie. Also bmartins what about when gaffney caught it with 3 players around him its like come on be more aggressive. I also feel we dont blitz enough, we blitz at the end of games like ravens/buffalo and yesterday and it equates to sacks. Sure we may not have a demarcus ware but we dont blitz. SPrings is terrible and couldnt make a tackle all day or stick a reciever.

As to anothe rpost we do have a playmaking stud tight end his name is Jerod Mayo who played very well especiallya fter coming back from a sprained mcl 3 weeks EARLY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from longhairjoe. Show longhairjoe's posts

In Response to whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
     it is just Brady, what game were you watching?
    Brady off at times? How about off 75% of the game?
    take the rose colored lenses off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

This is a very good team that isn't great. That's the main problem. TB can still make this a great team by catching fire. The defense can't get any better. Its up to Tom. Go Tom!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : Seems they're a handful of plays away from turning the corner offensively, and to me, overthrowing receivers is a correctable issue.  They certainly need to turn said corner quickly, but I still have confidence in the team.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Ovethrowing receivers is a correctable issue???? How exactly do you do that? There are about 25 other QBs that consistantly overthrow receivers so why aren't they correcting that. Brady has lost it, plain and simple. BTW hilarious picture on your post, where did you find it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Two words "offensive consistency". Need to have less 3 and outs and be able to put more scoring drives especially TD's on the board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Sometime back, I went over The Patriot's Second Half statistics, crunching some numbers...  Came to a conclusion:  Even during our 3 SB runs, under Belichick's tenure with this team, The Patriots tend to make a game they should WIN, and ARE Winning in the first half of the game, very close (very much most of the time, and I urge People to simply go back and do what I did, compare 1st half scoring to 2nd half scoring when the Pats are winning in the 1st half).  The only anomaly seems to be that 2007, freak Offensive year... 

Now some things to Conclude off of this:  We, and many people on this forum, can blame and ARE blaming MULTIPLE things, and There ARE MULTIPLE things to blame.  I'll go in what I believe is Least To Greater Importance, for "WHY Patriots tend to make WINNING Games, putting games away, Difficult" (or even a Loss-for lack of better terms):

1) TOM BRADY:  Who is getting older AND is recovering from knee surgery:  Look, When Brady was younger, even when games turned out to be nail-biters in the end, TB would come through for us.  Maybe He's just recovering, maybe IS age progressing, maybe it's not having a viable 3rd wideout (which I perhaps mistakeningly include here under Brady's category)...Either way, Brady CANNOT be counted on to be the Pat's saving bastion ALWAYS, for there are other factors...

2) NO VIABLE RUNNING GAME:  I don't even have to elaborate on this one.  Maroney, 5 or 6 carries for 20 yards, whoopty-doo.  Taylor out indefinately.  We need someone who can make the D play honest AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, Kill the Clock (Corey Dillon-esque), when the D KNOWS it's gonna be a run and STILL get the yards, AT the End/Second half of the game. 

BUT IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BRADY'S/MARONEY'S/GOSTKOWSKI'S/GALLOWAY'S OR WHOMEVER'S Fault(s), More than it is THE COACHES (which I have to place under 3A And 3B...because they've stunk THAT much):

3A) OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING:  No viable RB/(also 3rd WR) threat?  Well, There's something called the NFL Draft, which a person can use to get a decent RB, and there's ZERO excuse after dealing with this "garbage-committee" approach and/or, relying time and time and time again on someone who's NOT getting it done, for not picking one up in rds 3-7, where there still was decent one's this year... BLAME: COACHES.  Pathetically Obvious and Easy-to-Read Offensive Play-Calling?  What is THIS, The "Run-Run-Pass-Punt" days of 4-down Patriot's play-calling of yesteryear, sheez... Show a pass, It IS a Pass.  Show a run, and WOW, It IS a Run...Good God, creativity ANYONE?  I'm NOT asking for DaVinci here, but man, HOW CAN You blame Brady every time (I know he can change some plays, but EVERY ONE?) for such garbage Offensive Schematics?  Brady's recovering from surgery and isn't getting any younger (sic), Ya cannot hope for him to bail you out at the end of the game ALWAYS!!!  BLAME: COACHES.

3b)  "BEND DON'T BREAK DEFENSE":  Attack, attack, and when you're done attacking, attack some more... A wise man once said: "When ya got 'em by the nose, Kick 'em in the #ss!"  WHAT is going on here, BB has made EVERY game, a CLOSE Game at the end (again, some games during the 2007 offensive juggernaut, besides-Urge ALL once more, to go back and look at 2nd half scoring vs. 1st half when Pat's are up).  Ya can't blame the D-players for 1 ticky-tack penalty OR Allowing CBs to give such a cushion, You CAN blame the D-Coordinator for playing Vanilla (I know that I'm simplifying here greatly), Still... BLAME: COACHES.

Thoughts ANYONE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.

Here we sit five games into the '09 season and to be frank, there's blood in the water. Let's start with the coaching: did anyone of you actually think you'd see the day when Bill Belechick would take the podium after a game and state he was out coached - by a rookie coach in two instances? Toward the end of the game in OT, McDaniels was obviously excited and players feed of that. 
    I'm all for being stoic and all, but damn son, show a little fire once in a while.

The play calling has been suspect and for a team that has most of the main cogs on offense from '07, we're not taking full advantage of scoring opportunities.
    I'm not sure if the criticism has affected him but Laurence Maroney won't stop prancing around back  there. We don't care if you're light on your feet, we want you to run m*therfucka, RUN!!!

As for Tom, it could be psychological or physical. His level of play is not reminiscent of what we've come to expect from this future hall of famer. He left TWO touchdowns off the board yesterday. Moss had his defender beaten and was wide open, result overthrown ball into the end zone. The only way he'd caught that pass, was if he'd levitated his a*s into the end zone in the thin Denver air. Welker had his defender beat, it would have been a foot race for 6! Again, the throw from Brady was at Wes's feet.

There were calls for Galloway's head earlier and rightfully so, but Tom has to bear some of the responsibility of the troubles on offense also. Right now, he's not playing well. This loss may come back to haunt us. A loss to a conference foe doesn't bode well come playoff time, you may find yourself on the outside looking in. See last year for further evidence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : Ovethrowing receivers is a correctable issue???? How exactly do you do that? There are about 25 other QBs that consistantly overthrow receivers so why aren't they correcting that. Brady has lost it, plain and simple. BTW hilarious picture on your post, where did you find it?
    Posted by seadentro[/QUOTE]

First mistake is you assuming that "about 25 other QB's that consistantly overthrow receivers" are on Brady's level.

Second, Brady has been accurate for most of his career, so there's no reason to think this will continute, so yeah, it's correctable for a player of his caliber.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

C´mon... don´t panic it´s still early and we play in a soft division. I believe the main problem for the offense is that they cannot surprise nobody !!! we as fans know Tom is going to look for Wes in a short route and stuff like that.

¿Why not to take a chance with new weapons, unknown new weapons like Green-ellis or Nunn? Look at indy, they are doing it,

I believe it´s going to take Tom al least another 3 or 4 games to stablish himself as a top QB, each week is getting better, he has struggled Vs very serious defenses and that´s it...

Titans defense is bad !!!  tampa defense is bad!!!  those will be good game to regain confidence and timing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from normt99. Show normt99's posts

This team has no pass defense,period. Every coach in the league knows it and will be throwing the ball at least 75% of the time in all future games. They need  new defensive  and an offensive coordinators.
    Belicheck is worn out and everybody in the league knows it. This is not new it started last year in the last 4 games of the season. I figure the season to be worse than last year. Figure it to be a 8&8 year. And it could be worse than that!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: whats wrong with the defense?

In Response to Re: whats wrong with the defense?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the defense? : First post to point this out! Thank you!  No excuse when five Pats are around a tipped ball and a Bronco receiver knocks the ball away! Unreal!
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE] I hear ya.i always wonder why players on another team can do certain things,but our players cant,or have not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1771. Show Leon1771's posts

What's wrong with this team???That's easy really-I hate to tell you that Leon told you so but "Leon told you so".

Brady's knee will never be the same and being out of the game for a year doesn't help either.What doesn't help even more is the fact that Brady turned football off in his head after his injury last year.

You all know how I feel about the guy not supporting his teammates and pulling a Houdini all of last year.I'm beginning to think that many of you just may agree with your old pal Leon??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What's wrong with the team are its pathetic fans, filling this board with doomsday posts every time an opposing QB completes a pass.  Pull yourself together people (especially you, Laz, I'm disappointed).  We've lost two very close games.  We are still the NEW ENGLAND F*CKING PATRIOTS, the best team in professional sports the last time I checked.  We're going to mop the floor with the rest of the league this winter.  YANKEES SUCKKK!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1771. Show Leon1771's posts

Mighty-WAKE UP!!!-You were living in the past there for a minute-The pats used to be very good. Now they are just another team in the NFL.Not an up and comer like the New York Jets.

Your opinion about the Almighty New York Yankees is rather amusing.You see the New York Yankees swept their opponent where as the sox were SWEPT by their opponenet.
    Watching Papplebomb BOMB was exactly what the Doctor ordered!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

mighty- to many times ive read your styles of doomsday remarks.to late to be the perfect pat now.yes its early but time is running out.11 games isnt long in football terms,and there are many problems that needs fixing in that time.but your right about a qb completeing a pass.its just the average ones have there best games of there careers against us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]mighty- to many times ive read your styles of doomsday remarks.to late to be the perfect pat now.yes its early but time is running out.11 games isnt long in football terms,and there are many problems that needs fixing in that time.but your right about a qb completeing a pass.its just the average ones have there best games of there careers against us.

Moss my man, I think you are confusing my posts about Doomsday with my posts about the Pats.  Of course the end is nigh.  But the Pats will go on winning anyway. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1770. Show Leon1770's posts

Never mind what's wrong with the pats-It should be what's wrong with pats fans???

I thought a fan base was supposed to rally around their team in times of adversity like New Yorkers do.
    I guess they do things differently in beantown??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : Moss my man, I think you are confusing my posts about Doomsday with my posts about the Pats.  Of course the end is nigh.  But the Pats will go on winning anyway. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE] my thread isnt about the pats doomsday,but asking what is it that they need to make themselves better,and they need to get better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Mighty and ALL:

First, c'mon man, I know that I have a loud internet brand of writing (Of which I'd like to think that my dogmatic heated opinions rest in the high-brow vernacular forms of speech rather than my usual use and overuse of the bold, italics and underline functions...50-50?  Alright, The lowest I'll traverse is 40-60, IF we can dub it "remedial colloquialism")... -BUT Mighty, I'm not saying things that haven't been perused and talked about in other discussions here, other threads.  It is, that sometime, we MUST ask ourselves what these Trolls have expressed for seemingly ages:  "Would Belichick BE THE Bill Belichick, The one and only 'In Bill WE Trust,' feller' WITHOUT One, TOM BRADY, to 'Bail' Belichick Out' (and I'm sorry to use the misnomer "bail him out" euphemistic term here, as I'm honestly just querulous)???"

I'll tell ya what I'm sick of Mighty (at least within 4-5 years or so)-I'm sick of BB's Drafting, and I'm sick of BB's Defense...  Yes, yes, "Can I DO better," One shall ask?  BUT I'M NOT AN NFL COACH! 

I'm just a guy that hates seeing a no-name College Player that's projected to go in Rd 5 or 6, Being "reached" for and taken in the beginning of Rd 2, while some great skilled talents fall to other teams, simply because 1 guy has a "Belichick Persona" in an interview (but he'll take 4 years to develop).  AND yet BB's Moves, Deals, and Trades, Before, During, and After a Draft are amazing...landmark moves (and I know He usually "nails" that 1st pick, but One should "nail" that 1st pick). 

I'm just a guy that sees and hears BB talking about "not being sentimental with ANY players," AND yet I ponder WHY The Giants can ALWAYS seem to find a Great NFL LB or 6-6 300 lb DE or 6-1 230 lb RB, while The Pat's can't or won't replace Maroney unless he's injured OR even use a 3rd rder, one of 12 picks, on some guy highly touted by the majority of NFL scouts.  AND yet BB finds 12 freak gems undrafted or in Rd 7, and I love that...

Look, I'm just a guy, who hated the "Run-Run-Pass-Punt" lack of any creativity on the Offense by ANY coach I watched coach The Pats in the awful late 80's and I'm just a guy that believes One should "live and die by the sword"-attack and attack some more, until the other team is in a withered heap on the ground (i.e. anti-"Bend but don't break" garbage).  AND SO I therefore wonder IF Belichick wouldn' be THE "In Bill WE Trust," without H.O.F'er Tom Brady playing immaculate...AND SO I just wonder IF BB would have been run out of town ala Pete Carroll with a "Run-run-pass-punt" Offense and a "Bend-but-don't break" Defense?

AND I'm Sure I Cannot Do Better, AND I Will Never STOP Cheering for the Pats I grew up, even IF they become just "loveable losers" again.  IDK, Ya taste Greatness, and Ya want it ALL the time, 24-7 afterwords, and can no longer simply "accept" anything less...   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

BB is being exposed as ordinary or less (review Cleveland years) now that Brady is performing like a bottom tier QB.

Pees and the unknown Offensive Coordinator sux.  Our DB's are a joke.   23 makes Hobb's look all world.  Mary Weather who many on this board have a man crushes on Whiffs more then Jason Bay.

Everything circles back to BB, its his coaches calling the plays for his players to run. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats07. Show tg19pats07's posts

I believe it is simple. COACHING!!!! This  team has lost an incredible amount of coaching over the last few years, they might not have went on to bigger and better things but left us with incredible holes. I would love to see this team with Romeo back as our D-coordinator. We lost Mcdaniels, Mangini, Weiss, and a host of others. Continuity allows teams to slip and slide platers in. It seems like everyone has struggled to keep up. I cannot rememebr a time in the last 5-6 years were Bill had to take 2 timeouts just to make sure the defense was lined up correctly. We have old and new talent but I believe not enough coaching.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from geoffchox. Show geoffchox's posts

My 2 Cents:

Coaching- lack of OC/DC pedigree.
    DC- What is DPees's resume, really? wasn't he coaching High School before this gig??(i know..i know, he was HC for some no name college ...check their record under him, they weren't exactly lighting it up)

OC- Can you really go from a (practically no) experience WR coach to QB coach then defacto OC in one fell swoop? (combine that with a rehabbing Brady...) and expect to be competitive in the NFL??

Look at other teams... lets start w/ Denver, (OC) Mike Nolan was recently a HC. Denver's D was terrible for the last few yrs but under Nolan...
    Look at the Ravens last week, Cam Cameron was a HC 2 seasons ago...Ravens O has always been terrible but now...

The point is, as smart as he is BB cant do everything(at the same time)!!! There has beed a brain drain since 04 which needs to be replaced.

Management- There are have been some obvious needs on the team for a few years.

Lack of legit pass rush (since mcginest left in 05) -team gambled on utility player(AD) Remember what RayLewis said about him? (Ravens had to "find spots for him". He was not good enough to take ownership of one position..) 

Letting Branch/Asante/Gafney/Seymour go with no real replacement available thus leaving an glaring hole on the team. Most good teams let a key player go when they have a replacement already on the team (ie..backup already pushing  for playing time). The counter argument is ....in the long run (blah blah blah) but as we know in the NFL there is no "long run". Its always about the current season(unless you're obviously rebuilding) Brady is not getting younger.

I hate seeing the Jets trading up to get (Revis/Sanchez/David Harris) trading picks for BraylonEdwards during the season and the Pats trading out of lower spots to accumulate picks to get mediocre players. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : my thread isnt about the pats doomsday,but asking what is it that they need to make themselves better,and they need to get better.

Right you are Moss, but look at all the other posts ... the 4 that followed yours are all b*tching and moaning.  Get over it people.  We're still gonna kick a** in February.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Edwards to the Jets...New England had the same chance to make this deal. I only bring that point up because I agree with the earlier post about the BRAIN TRUST here????

There is none!!!!! Now proove me wrong by going to get T.O......He is available and I herd a third or even fourth round pick may do it??

I said it a few days ago when I heard Edwards was going to be out there!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

We need the help...The side of the field Moss is on is closed...