whats wrong with the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

whats wrong with the team?

it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: whats wrong with the defense?

What was wrong with the defense today was that it was not prepared for Denver's flex single wing, with Orton moving back under center occasionally. It left the defensive in a lot of vanilla coverage and gave Orton all day to throw for most of the game.

This is going to sting a little, but Belichick was outcoached.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

What's wrong with the defense?

CATCHING THE BALL!

First, Ninkovich hits the ball 30 feet in the air, nobody hits the nearest receiver as fundamental football teaches even high school players, and Marshall knocks the ball away from three nearby Patriots defenders.

Second, a linebacker (Guyton?) tips a pass on a crossing route, FIVE Patriots are waiting for it to come down, and Wilhite TIPS THE BALL AWAY WITH ONE HAND!  That play makes veins pop in my head.  ARRGHHH!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Re: whats wrong with the defense?:
    [QUOTE]What was wrong with the defense today was that it was not prepared for Denver's flex single wing, with Orton moving back under center occasionally. It left the defensive in a lot of vanilla coverage and gave Orton all day to throw for most of the game. This is going to sting a little, but Belichick was outcoached.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is becoming more and more frequent that people including Patriots fans are saying Belichick was outcoached. What is wrong with the Defense is the same as it has been the last few years. Average or below average secondary and no pass rush. The offense today left too many points out there Brady was off again in Denver and missed too many receivers. And what about Gostowski's missed field goal. He gets that Pats are up 20 -10. Very bad miss

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Offense scored zero points in the second half. Don't blame the defense

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the defense? : Unfortunately it is becoming more and more frequent that people including Patriots fans are saying Belichick was outcoached. What is wrong with the Defense is the same as it has been the last few years. Average or below average secondary and no pass rush. The offense today left too many points out there Brady was off again in Denver and missed too many receivers. And what about Gostowski's missed field goal. He gets that Pats are up 20 -10. Very bad miss
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]

^Basically describes how I feel.  Lost opportunities

This game was the opposite of "Carpe Diem"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]What was wrong with the defense today was that it was not prepared for Denver's flex single wing, with Orton moving back under center occasionally. It left the defensive in a lot of vanilla coverage and gave Orton all day to throw for most of the game. This is going to sting a little, but Belichick was outcoached.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE] thats it,who is kyle orton?never knew much about him until yesterday.whats sad we had the lead by 10 pts twice,and still lost.and this was a very beatable team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: whats wrong with the team?

Personally, I think it's the timing and execution of the offense.  There have been open receivers, Brady just hasn't hit them......

Defensively I think they're adequate and improving.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I think it's the timing and execution of the offense.  There have been open receivers, Brady just hasn't hit them...... Defensively I think they're adequate and improving.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] I agree.the scary part is there is only 11 games left to get it right,and that isnt much time in football terms.not when other teams start pulling away in the playoff race.some are saying calm down,but its kind of hard to.when your not seeing much of an improvement.in the three wins we got.it was a very over rated falcons team.we barely beat a terrible bills team,and we were aided by penalties in the ravens game.so its alarming.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from togah321. Show togah321's posts

Well, from an outsider's point of view, it's just that you don't have any young talent.  All of your skilled players are old.  See, the Colts do a nice job of blending new talent (Collie, Garcon, Brown, etc) with the old talent (Manning, Clark, Wayne, etc).

Free agency is the worst thing to ever happen to the Patriots.  It's like giving a credit card to a kid.  Gotta pay the bill sooner or later...  Looks like it's now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

where have you been?all our veterans are gone.most of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? :  I agree.the scary part is there is only 11 games left to get it right,and that isnt much time in football terms.not when other teams start pulling away in the playoff race.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Seems they're a handful of plays away from turning the corner offensively, and to me, overthrowing receivers is a correctable issue.  They certainly need to turn said corner quickly, but I still have confidence in the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from togah321. Show togah321's posts

[QUOTE]where have you been?all our veterans are gone.most of them.

That's what I mean.  You can't afford the payroll when you rely on other teams finding talent and then Pats gotta pay them.  Can't do that forever.  If you try, well, you end up being 2-3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from togah321. Show togah321's posts

[QUOTE] but I still have confidence in the team.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

I think you will find that your confidence in the team is meaningless.  Their confidence in themselves is what's important.  Right now, they sure don't look or act confident.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Well, from an outsider's point of view, it's just that you don't have any young talent.  All of your skilled players are old.  See, the Colts do a nice job of blending new talent (Collie, Garcon, Brown, etc) with the old talent (Manning, Clark, Wayne, etc). Free agency is the worst thing to ever happen to the Patriots.  It's like giving a credit card to a kid.  Gotta pay the bill sooner or later...  Looks like it's now.
    Posted by togah321[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, NE has won 3 championships during the Free Agency/Salary Cap era......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espnetboy3. Show Espnetboy3's posts

Togah you make me laugh. If your going to stir the pot at least make sense or talk about real issues that may be debatable lol. I mean you dont evenknow their record let alone we are in the top 10 of youngest rosters haha. You have made me laugh for years on this board though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : I think you will find that your confidence in the team is meaningless.  Their confidence in themselves is what's important.  Right now, they sure don't look or act confident.
    Posted by togah321[/QUOTE]

You mean, the NE franchise doesn't care about what posters on BDC have to say about the team?  Damn, here I was thinking what I said made a difference to the teams performance........

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Mossman: 

First, I think as fans we react game to game with different emotions based on whether we win on lose.  Last week, everyone was ecstatic after we beat the Ravens.  This week, everyone is in panic mode because we lost to a VERY GOOD Denver team.  In either case, as fans we overreact.   We're not as good as we would like to be, and certainly not as bad as some fellow fans claim that we are on Monday morning!

That all said, here's my two cents on the Pats:

First and foremost, the defense has been pieced together with a lot of bandaids. I just dont understand how a Belichick team can lack a "game changing" OLB!  Yes the defense can apply some pressure from time to time, but teams certainly aren't concerned with our pass rush.  Our pass rush STINKS! 

Secondly, the offensive gameplans are lacking.  I would like to see Brady under center more - using play action.  This could help Moss when they have safeties rolled over the top on him.  When they put Brady in shotgun it's 99% they are going to pass it to Welker or do a RB draw up the middle. 

I like our special teams play so far and our run stopping ability on defense.  To me the two glaring problems is defensive pass rush, and offensive play calling.

WEIS IN 2010! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

In Response to whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.

Mosseffect, It seems like the offense is playing scared and the Pats aren't getting four solid quarters from the defense. This can't continue. We need to make plays on both sides of the ball. If the Ninkovich tip goes to MacGown or one of our DBs or Brady scores on the opening drive of the 2nd half it's a completely different ball game. I agree some adjustments were needed and in the NFL if you can't adjust the gameplan to overcome the opposition's schemes you risk losing the game almost every time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to whats wrong with the team? :   Mosseffect, It seems like the offense is playing scared and the Pats aren't getting four solid quarters from the defense. This can't continue. We need to make plays on both sides of the ball. If the Ninkovich tip goes to MacGown or one of our DBs or Brady scores on the opening drive of the 2nd half it's a completely different ball game. I agree some adjustments were needed and in the NFL if you can't adjust the gameplan to overcome the opposition's schemes you risk losing the game almost every time.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE] I agree you can see the concern,and panic when its not clicking.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Getting shut out in the entire 2nd half to me means their halftime adhjustments were completely useless. That's bad coaching....period.

The defense is playing a whole lot better than the offense is, and would look even better if the offense could complete one lousy 3rd down conversion in the second half. The play calling is predictable on offense, and it shows. Mix that with Brady being off, and they look average at best.

Fix the coaching & play calling....There is plenty of talent on this team to get it done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Mossman:  First, I think as fans we react game to game with different emotions based on whether we win on lose.  Last week, everyone was ecstatic after we beat the Ravens.  This week, everyone is in panic mode because we lost to a VERY GOOD Denver team.  In either case, as fans we overreact.   We're not as good as we would like to be, and certainly not as bad as some fellow fans claim that we are on Monday morning! That all said, here's my two cents on the Pats: First and foremost, the defense has been pieced together with a lot of bandaids. I just dont understand how a Belichick team can lack a "game changing" OLB!  Yes the defense can apply some pressure from time to time, but teams certainly aren't concerned with our pass rush.  Our pass rush STINKS!  Secondly, the offensive gameplans are lacking.  I would like to see Brady under center more - using play action.  This could help Moss when they have safeties rolled over the top on him.  When they put Brady in shotgun it's 99% they are going to pass it to Welker or do a RB draw up the middle.  I like our special teams play so far and our run stopping ability on defense.  To me the two glaring problems is defensive pass rush, and offensive play calling. WEIS IN 2010! 
    Posted by deluxbury[/QUOTE]

what makes this loss sting is that this was a very winnable game. we have some serious flaws but strill should have won this game.

problems;
    1. our pass rush is essentiually non-existant. Yes, we get a sack now and then when the other guy's O-lineman makes a mistake but we lack the guy other teams have to game-plan for. Letting a journeyman QB like orton pick us apart in the second half made me sick.
    2. lack of quality receivers. denver had 8, 6, 4, 4 and 3 completions to five different receivers. we had 8 to welker, 1 to moss and 3 to edleman. period. why can't bb find ways to get moss open? the other guy's top receiver is open all day in every game. marshall had eight catches. last week mason had 6 in the first series alone.
    3. our running game is pitiful. God bless faulk but he's a receiver not a RB. this leaves morris as our feature back. that's not going to get it done. we need a knowshon moreno type of feature back and I pray that the patriot's "powers that be" bite the bullet and draft the top rated RB in this years draft. yes, its not a sure thing but it is a sure thing that we're never going to another superbowl with the likes of sammy morris as our feature back.
    4. get an offensive coordinator. our offense is as predictable as a democrat's election to the senate in massachusetts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with the defense? CATCHING THE BALL! First, Ninkovich hits the ball 30 feet in the air, nobody hits the nearest receiver as fundamental football teaches even high school players, and Marshall knocks the ball away from three nearby Patriots defenders. Second, a linebacker (Guyton?) tips a pass on a crossing route, FIVE Patriots are waiting for it to come down, and Wilhite TIPS THE BALL AWAY WITH ONE HAND !  That play makes veins pop in my head.  ARRGHHH!!!!
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

First post to point this out! Thank you!  No excuse when five Pats are around a tipped ball and a Bronco receiver knocks the ball away! Unreal!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

In Response to whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.

Tom Brady. He has lost it. I understand he is coming back from an injury but he wasn't injured since the '04 season and he has failed in the clutch each and every time. Actresses + Super Models + Hollywood = below average QB.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddawg. Show baddawg's posts

The biggest problem with the Patriots are TB and BB. No creativity at all. BB cheats to gain an edge (and was busted doing so) and TB is playing scared. How can you expect the Patriots to win under those circumstances?