whats wrong with the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Re: whats wrong with the team?

Heck - Bring in MARTZ as the OC.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think this team is still searching for an identity.

I'm hoping the answer is physical defense.  We see flashes of it, then we see the pass rush fall asleep...  They hit hard, though.  They're on the cusp of creating a LOT of turnovers if they can just catch all those tipped passes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

I just hope our running backs are watching the Dolphin backs run...(MARONEY)!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Let's just hope it all works out...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How awesome would it be to have Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams in our back field? 

Also, Chad Henne looks like a real good QB. Why can't Brady pick apart the Jets like this rookie?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Not only does Maroney need to watch...But the Pats offensive staff should watch even more....Maybe not that last play call...Our staff called that one in...The run..lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

It's all coaching!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

The Pats have none...Right now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Pretty good...Dolphins look good...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]Not only does Maroney need to watch...But the Pats offensive staff should watch even more....Maybe not that last play call...Our staff called that one in...The run..lol
    Posted by Patriotsftball[/QUOTE]

The whole offensive unit. 

Brady, RBs, OL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The problem is the offense. Pure and simple. They are averaging 20 ppg. That is being generous, because the highest score they have posted to date was against the Bills.

Minus that game, and the average score is much less. Something close to 17ppg.

If you score 17 ppg over the course of 16 games, you are the 2008 Detroit Lions, because that is about what they averaged.

For all the hammering, relentless hammering, of the young defense, they are allowing about 17 ppg. If you allow 17 ppg you are 4th best in the NFL last season, between the Eagles and Ravens.

I am sorry, but a 20 ppg offense is bottom ten, and a 17ppg defense is top three. Add to that, the fact that the offense has turned the ball over for 14 points, and one HUGE fumble on the 50 with time ticking, where they should have called the plays to get 15 more yards and a field goal, and it is rather clear.

This offense isn't clicking, and it is hurting the team.

Both losses would have been victories if they had converted any of the FOUR WIDE OPEN TDs they missed. Both losses were to opponents at home, who the defense held to 16.5 avg points in four quarters.

Sorry. But if you cannot get 20 points on the road, you aren't going to win many on the road. Period.

The defense has basically, in the last two weeks, been called on to close the game out FIVE times. They did it twice against Baltimore. Twice against Denver. And then failed in OT against Denver.

During that same span, the offense was called on FOUR times to get a solidifying score, run the clock, or get a game winning FG. They failed FOUR times, with three 3 & outs, and one fumble.

Moral of the story:

I have ZERO faith in an offense that is getting the big play late int eh game 0% of the time.
    I would take a defense that can get a big stop when it is needed late in the game 80% of the time.

And spare me your thoughts about how the Pats' defense 'looks' or 'feels' or any other subjective mumbo-jumbo. The Jets looked really fierce, blitzing their way to a 31 point loss tonight. Some rather simple two deep shells might have helped them.

The bottom line is points. Right now the NE defense is holding its own. The offense isn't. Period.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Edwards looked dynamic for the Jets tonight. Did the Pats really have a chance at him? I observed how dynamic the Fins offense is inspired, fresh , exciting. Sparano is into the game. He is the spirit of that team. That defender Smith for the Fins at 6 feet three looked great. How did the Pats let a guy like that pass in favor of Chung?

It is not a question of what is wrong with the team, but what is not right. There are not only lesser talent selctions, there is no inspiration. BB is cerebral but he has to be like Sparano with emotive impact. Get Nunn in as the third WR, or trade for Owens, use BJGE who runs hard. I want to see Adams back on the line collpasing the pocket. BB cites the Offense but he did not even bother to get an OC in the offseason. I don't like Bob Costas, but may his attribution of Hubris on BB is not off the mark. BB should can Pees and command the defense personally.

I get the feeling Kraft is destroying the team like he did the last time after the Pats Superbowl loss to the Packers. This is about money. Winning a superbowl on the cheap does not fly anymore. Let us be objective here.

I have to add how the Fins O-Line is cracking and smashing. The pats O-line can't move anybody. Even Maroney would run well on the Fins. I bet Wilfork is gone after this year, unless they will franchise him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: whats wrong with the team? : Ovethrowing receivers is a correctable issue???? How exactly do you do that? There are about 25 other QBs that consistantly overthrow receivers so why aren't they correcting that. Brady has lost it, plain and simple. BTW hilarious picture on your post, where did you find it?
    Posted by seadentro[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Most of the problem lays at Brady's feet.  He has been way off on too many plays.

The D has looked good at times, but always gives up too much when it is crunch time.

And yeah, the coaching in the game has not been up to snuff. Too predictable.  No creativity.  And why does the D look so stagnant at the line?  Remember when they used to be in constant motion to keep the opposing O off-balance?

They may make the play-offs yet, maybe, but with 30% of the season done, unless they make dramatic improvement they will lose in the first round.  I am seeing too many other teams win better and even lose better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

As for trading for TO and dumping Maroney, why not convert Maroney to a WR?  He has the speed, can catch, and his dancing may actually help him with the YACs. 

By the way, am I the only one this season that has noticed how much they are missing Heath Evans?  Did they do enough to keep him?  How much did he get from the Saints?  At least if they had kept Hochstein he could have become their FB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]Mighty and ALL : First, c'mon man, I know that I have a loud internet brand of writing (Of which I'd like to think that my dogmatic heated opinions rest in the high-brow vernacular forms of speech rather than my usual use and overuse of the bold, italics and underline functions...50-50?  Alright, The lowest I'll traverse is 40-60, IF we can dub it " remedial colloquialism ")... - BUT Mighty , I'm not saying things that haven't been perused and talked about in other discussions here, other threads.  It is, that sometime, we MUST ask ourselves what these Trolls have expressed for seemingly ages:  " Would Belichick BE THE Bill Belichick, The one and only 'In Bill WE Trust,' feller' WITHOUT One, TOM BRADY, to 'Bail' Belichick Out' (and I'm sorry to use the misnomer "bail him out" euphemistic term here, as I'm honestly just querulous)???" I'll tell ya what I'm sick of Mighty (at least within 4-5 years or so)-I'm sick of BB's Drafting, and I'm sick of BB's Defense...  Yes, yes, " Can I DO better ," One shall ask?  BUT I'M NOT AN NFL COACH!   I'm just a guy that hates seeing a no-name College Player that's projected to go in Rd 5 or 6, Being "reached" for and taken in the beginning of Rd 2, while some great skilled talents fall to other teams, simply because 1 guy has a "Belichick Persona" in an interview (but he'll take 4 years to develop).  AND yet BB's Moves, Deals, and Trades, Before, During, and After a Draft are amazing...landmark moves (and I know He usually "nails" that 1st pick, but One should "nail" that 1st pick).    I'm just a guy that sees and hears BB talking about "not being sentimental with ANY players," AND yet I ponder WHY The Giants can ALWAYS seem to find a Great NFL LB or 6-6 300 lb DE or 6-1 230 lb RB, while The Pat's can't or won't replace Maroney unless he's injured OR even use a 3rd rder, one of 12 picks, on some guy highly touted by the majority of NFL scouts.  AND yet BB finds 12 freak gems undrafted or in Rd 7, and I love that... Look, I'm just a guy, who hated the " Run-Run-Pass-Punt " lack of any creativity on the Offense by ANY coach I watched coach The Pats in the awful late 80's and I'm just a guy that believes One should "live and die by the sword"-attack and attack some more, until the other team is in a withered heap on the ground (i.e. anti-" Bend but don't break " garbage).  AND SO I therefore wonder IF Belichick wouldn' be THE " In Bill WE Trust ," without H.O.F'er Tom Brady playing immaculate...AND SO I just wonder IF BB would have been run out of town ala Pete Carroll with a "Run-run-pass-punt" Offense and a "Bend-but-don't break" Defense? AND I'm Sure I Can not Do Better, AND I Will Never STOP Cheering for the Pats I grew up, even IF they become just "loveabletantly losers" again.  IDK, Ya taste Greatness, and Ya want it ALL the time, 24-7 afterwords, and can no longer simply "accept" anything less...   
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Before Pioli left at the beginning the '09 season, many of the paid commentators were constantly praising the Patriots' and their draft prowess. Only recently have we really paid more attention to what's actually happened with a majority of our draft picks and their lack of production. 
    As you mentioned earlier, the Giants were shrewd enough to pick up Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks and they're actually seeing playing time and are productive. 
    One year after losing Burress, they've also found a capable replacement in Steve Smith.

Brandon Tate is on IR. Galloway is about to be released and only Julian Edelman as of this moment appears to be a steal.
    I'm really curious to see what moves they make in the GM and offensive coordinator area in the off season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]How awesome would it be to have Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams in our back field?  Also, Chad Henne looks like a real good QB. Why can't Brady pick apart the Jets like this rookie?
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE] good point.the dolphins have no star players at qb,or receivers,but they lit up the great jets defense.but it also helps when you have two work horses in brown,and williams.plus they are creative with the wild cat and it makes defenses respect it,and play honest.with our team its the same formation,and plays.the defenses knows what is comeing,and defends it well.maybe we need to get creative,and start doing something diffrent to throw teams off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

In Response to whats wrong with the team?:
    [QUOTE]it isnt just brady.sure he is off at times,but the whole team plays like it is handicapped.this is just an expression. in every game they have played this year they have been off.sure there is a good play here,and there,but its not consistent.what is it the pats are lacking?who needs to step up?or who do the pats need on the team to help them?for one im thinking they need to change there playing styles and schemes.for the other teams have had a few years to learn to play against it,and they are getting the upper hand.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

It's those gawd **mn retro uniforms! They are nothing but bad luck! (Only 1/2 kidding)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to whats wrong with the team? : It's those gawd **mn retro uniforms! They are nothing but bad luck! (Only 1/2 kidding)
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE] you might be right.in those days the pats didnt play well at all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Oh, yah, it's the uniforms...or do you want to call them outfits. Look at the ones we lost to, now THAT'S scary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I hear it a lot that NE shouldn't go for another RB in round 1 because you can get value/quality later in the draft, I don't disagree, but that is the case with any position.  However, last night is just another example of what a couple of big, fast, hard running, 1st round caliber RB's can do to a quality defense. 

Makes me think Jonathan Dwyer (Georgia Tech) the 6-1 235 sledgehammer with 4.48 speed could be a serious option in Rd 1 of the 2010 draft......... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is the offense. Pure and simple. They are averaging 20 ppg. That is being generous, because the highest score they have posted to date was against the Bills. Minus that game, and the average score is much less. Something close to 17ppg. If you score 17 ppg over the course of 16 games, you are the 2008 Detroit Lions, because that is about what they averaged. For all the hammering, relentless hammering, of the young defense, they are allowing about 17 ppg. If you allow 17 ppg you are 4th best in the NFL last season, between the Eagles and Ravens. I am sorry, but a 20 ppg offense is bottom ten, and a 17ppg defense is top three. Add to that, the fact that the offense has turned the ball over for 14 points, and one HUGE fumble on the 50 with time ticking, where they should have called the plays to get 15 more yards and a field goal, and it is rather clear. This offense isn't clicking, and it is hurting the team. Both losses would have been victories if they had converted any of the FOUR WIDE OPEN TDs they missed. Both losses were to opponents at home, who the defense held to 16.5 avg points in four quarters. Sorry. But if you cannot get 20 points on the road, you aren't going to win many on the road. Period. The defense has basically, in the last two weeks, been called on to close the game out FIVE times. They did it twice against Baltimore. Twice against Denver. And then failed in OT against Denver. During that same span, the offense was called on FOUR times to get a solidifying score, run the clock, or get a game winning FG. They failed FOUR times, with three 3 & outs, and one fumble. Moral of the story: I have ZERO faith in an offense that is getting the big play late int eh game 0% of the time. I would take a defense that can get a big stop when it is needed late in the game 80% of the time. And spare me your thoughts about how the Pats' defense 'looks' or 'feels' or any other subjective mumbo-jumbo. The Jets looked really fierce, blitzing their way to a 31 point loss tonight. Some rather simple two deep shells might have helped them. The bottom line is points. Right now the NE defense is holding its own. The offense isn't. Period.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

As usual you hit the nail on the head.  Would you say that the greatest problem with the offense, other than Brady's shaky start, Maroney's indecisiviness, Taylor's ankle, Light's knee, and Morris's age is the lack of a solid split end?  Looks like they've given up on Galloway (more of a flanker anyway), but what has Aiken been doing at split end?  Did he have any catches against the Broncos?  In two games at split end, I haven't seen much out of him.  And he's been in the system for a full season.  Could he be worse than Reche Caldwell and David Givens?  If so, I would have to blame the personnel department (BB) for this.  It's inexcusable not to go into the season with a split end who can at least contribute every game, especially after 2006. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

ZB and all: The offense is not executing and even when they are the playcalling seems very conservative and predictable. When an offense becomes predictable it will be feasted on by the opposing defense most of the time. If your defense allows 17 points a game, you should be able score more; if your team can't then they deserve to lose.

Right now the Patriots have a good defense, but a very weak offense. Which contradicts the predictions many had about our Pats having a dominant offense with mediocre defense (at best) after the pre-season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vpindi. Show vpindi's posts

We need a offensive coordinator and may be a defense coordinator, though defense is holding on well with 17 PPG. Last 2 years luckily Josh did great as a replacement to weis, but you cannot expect the same with everyone. Play Nunn and tate from next week (after 6 weeks) and one will pan out. 

Let BJGE run the ball and morris fill for him. I think we should be ok in 3-4 games.

GO PATS

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

seau will take care of the problems.LoL!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

the team needs to do better disguising there play calling.to many teams know what the pats are doing.