What's your food/bar menu for Sunday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

What's your food/bar menu for Sunday?

Got about 8 buddies (some of the wives) coming over to watch both games. We're setting up:

Drink

2 6-packs Blue Hills Brewery Stout

2 6-Packs Trappistes Rochefort 10

2 6-Packs Bud Light

1 Bottle Stoli (Orange and Cranberry Juice on side)

1 Bottle Bacardi White Rum

2 Bottles Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

2 Bottles Bordeaux (2003 Haut Mazeris)

For food:

3 Cheese pizzas, Santarpios

2 Large platters, Buffalo wings

2 Large platters, coconut shrimp

1 Medium platter, sliced chicken cordon bleu

1 Veggie tray

(and 1 Roast Buzzard!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: What's your food/bar menu for Sunday?

I have a Growler from the Winkler Brau in Bavaria Germany called the Rupfer Espezial.  It's very good.  One thin I'll miss about Germany is the beer.  People told me it was better but I didn't believe.  Hopefully with more micro-brews in America we will see more quality beers.  I've come to really enjoy the local flavors wherever I go.  Kind of like wine, but there is more variety of flavor in beer and the price is always cheap.

I may go with pork steaks, if you haven't tried them I highly reccomend.  Pork+steak+grill= delicious.  And they are cheap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

I have a Growler from the Winkler Brau in Bavaria Germany called the Rupfer Espezial.  It's very good.  One thin I'll miss about Germany is the beer.  People told me it was better but I didn't believe.  Hopefully with more micro-brews in America we will see more quality beers.  I've come to really enjoy the local flavors wherever I go.  Kind of like wine, but there is more variety of flavor in beer and the price is always cheap.

I may go with pork steaks, if you haven't tried them I highly reccomend.  Pork+steak+grill= delicious.  And they are cheap.

Wow, that sounds tempting!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Just Kiding, Were Going To Get Together Later Today And Decide, About 10 Of Us, We Have Beer Wine Gin&Tonic, I Will Post In Full This Evening.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Sounds good! It's lunchtime for me and now I am starving thanks to your post! 

I think it will be pizza and wings at my place on Sunday. Nothing major, saving the big shindig for the Super Bowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

They're big in Germany at festivals.  They put a big grilled steak like you would get at a restaurant and cut with a knife (not some shin sliced junk) and they put it on a Brochen which is basically just a fresh bun.  So it looks like a sandwich with a porterhouse in it but its pork steak, it's basically genius.  I'm not big on a lot of German food, but that ones coming home with me next month.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Just Kiding, Were Going To Get Together Later Today And Decide, About 10 Of Us, We Have Beer Wine Gin&Tonic, I Will Post In Full This Evening.......

LOL, what a great photo! TFB probably did that!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I've been missing some good buffalo wings, this threads making me hungry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

They're big in Germany at festivals.  They put a big grilled steak like you would get at a restaurant and cut with a knife (not some shin sliced junk) and they put it on a Brochen which is basically just a fresh bun.  So it looks like a sandwich with a porterhouse in it but its pork steak, it's basically genius.  I'm not big on a lot of German food, but that ones coming home with me next month.

Do you get them at the butcher, or are they in supermarkets?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Cheez-its, skittles, and tap water.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I will Be Wearing This For Sure, As Soon As I Get Up, 5Am.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Do you get them at the butcher, or are they in supermarkets?

The supermarkets have butchers.  It's different here, like 50's America in some ways.  People go downtown, they go to a bakery for bread, a butcher for meat.  It's more expensive and time consuming but at some point in your life quality is more important than price.

What really drives me crazy though is that everything closes after 6pm and its against the law to be open on Sunday.  If we could join forces and have 24hour butchers and bakeries it would bunstoppable. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Will either be at Michaels Harborside in Newburyport or The Holy Grail in Epping NH for the game. Good food and unlimited beverage choices at both of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

NUCLEAR WINGS AND WINTER LAGER

Atomic bomb mushroom cloud explosion

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

Grade 2 seperation of my spine. I'll be eating Vicodin followed by Dilaudid, Prednisone and large quantities of Seattles Legal Weed to offset the nausea......

and Beer!!!

Get well, bruh! Send the unused Vic here!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

NUCLEAR WINGS AND WINTER LAGER

Atomic bomb mushroom cloud explosion

LOL, Harley...you LOVE this gif, eh???!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm cooking some baby backs,sausage with onions and peppers and making a potato salad.

And this is what the Patriots will be feasting on:

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My wife and I will be watching the game together this year (rare that she watches).  Menu will be my nuclear bean dip (been known to cauterize your duodenum) and her homemade pizza (beyond amazing).  Bar menu:

Me - Dogfish Head IPA - best bottled India Pale Ale I've found anywhere

Her - Guiness (yeah, that's right, Guiness) - that's what she enjoys with my dip and her pizza

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Tailgate Menu as of today

Apps/Pickies - Pizza strips from local RI bakery, Sharp Provalone & Margherita pepperoni on crackers

Chili - Buddy makes an awesome chili nice and HOT

Pre-game  - Pork Loin with olive oil peppercorn coating, Braised short Ribs soaking in a crock pot fall off the bone awesome and Hot Italian Sausage on Hard Rolls from the local bakery.

Post Game - Burgers and Saugys

Awww...mannnnn!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My wife and I will be watching the game together this year (rare that she watches).  Menu will be my nuclear bean dip (been known to cauterize your duodenum) and her homemade pizza (beyond amazing).  Bar menu:

Her - Guiness (yeah, that's right, Guiness) - that's what she enjoys with my dip and her pizza

Hopefully without nuclear gas, post-game!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My dip has been known to cause parties where it has been featured to be declared a Superfund Toxic Waste site.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

My dip has been known to cause parties where it has been featured to be declared a Superfund Toxic Waste site.

I say put that sh!t on the Ravens' sideline, LOL!!!