What's your food/bar menu for Sunday?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: What's your food/bar menu for Sunday?

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

My wife and I will be watching the game together this year (rare that she watches).  Menu will be my nuclear bean dip (been known to cauterize your duodenum) and her homemade pizza (beyond amazing).  Bar menu:

Me - Dogfish Head IPA - best bottled India Pale Ale I've found anywhere

Her - Guiness (yeah, that's right, Guiness) - that's what she enjoys with my dip and her pizza

Hopefully without nuclear gas, post-game!

My dip has been known to cause parties where it has been featured to be declared a Superfund Toxic Waste site.

I say put that sh!t on the Ravens' sideline, LOL!!!

Non-hacker!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Heading up to DC this weekend for the Inaguration on Monday, so not sure. We'll all probably head to a bar, which I don't actually prefer in these situations. Way too many distractions.

Anyway out of here for the weekend. I hope everyone is in good spirits on the flip side.   Go Pats!

Interesting that the etymology of the word "inauguration" (a new beginning) is derived from the word "augury," or a portending of that to come. Ancient augurs in the Arabian desert would predict the future by studying the flights of birds.

With Suggs and Lewis both nursing wounded wings, I portend the downfall of the Buzzards, and the rise of the 2nd Pats Super Bowl run!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Got about 8 buddies (some of the wives) coming over to watch both games. We're setting up:

Drink

2 6-packs Blue Hills Brewery Stout

2 6-Packs Trappistes Rochefort 10

2 6-Packs Bud Light

1 Bottle Stoli (Orange and Cranberry Juice on side)

1 Bottle Bacardi White Rum

2 Bottles Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

2 Bottles Bordeaux (2003 Haut Mazeris)

For food:

3 Cheese pizzas, Santarpios

2 Large platters, Buffalo wings

2 Large platters, coconut shrimp

1 Medium platter, sliced chicken cordon bleu

1 Veggie tray

(and 1 Roast Buzzard!)

Great lineup except for the Chardonnay. Is your grandmother coming over? hehe

Jesus. I don't really eat much in these situations, usually just a healthy amount of drinking.

I take it you missed the part about the wives, LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Slow roasted babybacks....started at around 1pm....temp at 250.....4-5 hours wrapped in foil.....low & slow......by game time you'll barely be able to pick them up.....just falls off the bone. Mmmmmmmmmm add in a little Sweet Baby Rays Honey Chipolte....and all will be well.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I love buffalo wings and have them maybe 3 times a week, but there are few foods as bad for your health, especially with bleu cheese dressing included, because they are meat (plus skin) and typically deep fried. I've experimented for some time to find a healthy kind of wings and dip that still taste good but won't stop your heart.

Babe's healthy boneless buffalo wings.

1  chicken breast.

1/4 cup of white flour

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon of onion powder

4 tablespoons of olive oil

1/2 cup of fat free sour cream

4 tablespoons of mayo (lowfat or no cholesterol if you can stand it)

3 tablespoons of crumples feta cheese (or bleu)

1/2 cup of hot sauce (or teriaki sauce)

celery

Place flour, black pepper and onion powder in a freezer bag. Shake until mixed.

Cut chicken into long nugget sized pieces and add to mixing bag and shake to coat.

Refrigerate 15 minutes or more.

Place crumpled feta cheese, mayo and fat free sour cream into bowl and mix to make a dip.

Place olive oil in a heated frying pan and add chilled coated chicken. Cook until done.

Tumble finished chicken in a bowl with sauce (teriaki or mild hot sauce if you want to give your stomach a break).

Serve chicken with dip and celery. (this makes probably 4 times the amount of dip you get when eating wings out)

These are not exactly like the wings you will get at Hooters or other places but they are tasty and much healthier. The total of these ingredients is probably about 220 mg of cholesterol, or a little more than one egg, and they contain much less fat and salt than typical buffalo wing dishes.

If you have any doubt that you would like these, don't make them. I've put a lot of effort into finding something relatively healthy that still is enjoyable and won't take 10 years off your life.

If anybody has any suggestions for the recipe that would enhance it yet still retain the healthy aspects your comments are welcome.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Got about 8 buddies (some of the wives) coming over to watch both games. We're setting up:

Drink

2 6-Packs Bud Light

For food:

1 Veggie tray

(and 1 Roast Buzzard!)

Great lineup except for the Chardonnay. Is your grandmother coming over? hehe

Jesus. I don't really eat much in these situations, usually just a healthy amount of drinking.

I take it you missed the part about the wives, LOL!

Is that what they drink? Blech. That buttery stuff is the worst unless you scored some that wasn't produced in French Oak. 

Try some Gruner Veltliner from Austria. Little pricey, but it's awesome white wine at any time.  Probably $12 a bottle.

My wife and her sister actually love that flavor...go figure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I love buffalo wings and have them maybe 3 times a week, but there are few foods as bad for your health, especially with bleu cheese dressing included, because they are meat (plus skin) and typically deep fried. I've experimented for some time to find a healthy kind of wings and dip that still taste good but won't stop your heart.

1  chicken breast.

1/4 cup of white flour

celery

Cut chicken into long nugget sized pieces and add to mixing bag and shake to coat.

Place crumpled feta cheese, mayo and fat free sour cream into bowl and mix to make a dip.

Place olive oil in a heated frying pan and add chilled coated chicken. Cook until done.

Tumble finished chicken in a bowl with sauce (teriaki or mild hot sauce if you want to give your stomach a break).

Serve chicken with dip and celery. (this makes probably 4 times the amount of dip you get when eating wings out)

These are not exactly like the wings you will get at Hooters or other places but they are tasty and much healthier. The total of these ingredients is probably about 220 mg of cholesterol, or a little more than one egg, and they contain much less fat and salt than typical buffalo wing dishes.

If you have any doubt that you would like these, don't make them. I've put a lot of effort into finding something relatively healthy that still is enjoyable and won't take 10 years off your life.

If anybody has any suggestions for the recipe that would enhance it yet still retain the healthy aspects your comments are welcome.

Thanks, that recipe does look good. Will give it a try.

And if it's healthy, I can double down on those pork steaks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Old reliables - snacks:  pepperoni, assorted cheeses and crackers.  Main course:  oven baked chicken wings (whole wings) marinated in "Good Season's" Italian dressing (and some with nothing), assorted pasta salads.  At the bar:  a 30-pack of Bud Light for me and my Brother, wine for the Wife and Mom, diet-coke for boy-san.  We'll eat about 5 o'clock so to be finished by game time.  I'll have a buzz by then, ease up a bit, rally, then commence to drinking with aplumb.  I'll drink more if we win, so the drunker I get, the better the Pats are doing/have done.  If I'm dancing on the coffee table by game's end - a good sign.  If I take a bite out of the hassock - a bad sign.  After we win, and we will, I'll fall asleep watching the NFL network analysis.  I'll get up about 2 a.m., hit the head, then the bed and sleep in because Monday's a holiday.  I'll get up, watch more highlights, then take the family to see "Lincoln."  Rest for two weeks, and do it all over again for the Super Bowl, which we'll also win.  Pats over Ravens - 28 to 19 - Ravens score a late TD, we recover an on-side kick, and run out the clock (maybe get a cheapy FG for a 31 to 19 score).  GO PATS!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I'll be BBQing some ribs on the grill.  Make a cauldron of Boston Bake Beans with two packs of BBQed hotdogs cut up to bite size and mix in some molasses for fun. 

The beans clear the room of the weaker sex so the men can watch the game without the chatter.  Any ladies that are sports fans are welcome to stay of course!!!  The game is on at noon here so the ladies can hang out on the lanai.

One case of Boston Lager and two six packs of Smithwicks plus what other may bring over for beer in the garage fridge with the temp turned down to 38 degree, so that they are ice cold.  Bottle of Sake for a night cap...Plus whatever wine my wife picks up, I'm not a wino!

A few bags of chips and some salsa for dipping

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

I'll be BBQing some ribs on the grill.  Make a cauldron of Boston Bake Beans with two packs of BBQed hotdogs cut up to bite size and mix in some molasses for fun. 

The beans clear the room of the weaker sex so the men can watch the game without the chatter.  Any ladies that are sports fans are welcome to stay of course!!!  The game is on at noon here so the ladies can hang out on the lanai.

One case of Boston Lager and two six packs of Smithwicks plus what other may bring over for beer in the garage fridge with the temp turned down to 38 degree, so that they are ice cold.  Bottle of Sake for a night cap...Plus whatever wine my wife picks up, I'm not a wino!

Smitty's is awesome! Sam too. You have a fine taste in beer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I'm cooking some baby backs,sausage with onions and peppers and making a potato salad.

And this is what the Patriots will be feasting on:

Nice!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonetone. Show tonetone's posts

1  chicken breast.

1/4 cup of white flour

celery

Best recipe for homemade wings that I have come across is that from Alton Brown. You first steam them which removes most of the fat. They are then baked. You have to do the steps outlined in his recipe, such as , cooling them between steaming and baking for them to come out awesome. Everybody goes nuts for them, plus they don't have the deep fried grease.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Drink

2 6-Packs Bud Light

For food:

1 Veggie tray

(and 1 Roast Buzzard!)

Damn Dude, that looks like a helluva spread!  I might just can my plans of Alaskan Amber & ribs and just show up at your place! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

1  chicken breast.

1/4 cup of white flour

celery

And if you get up around Babe's and my age 10 years off your life makes a hell of a difference!!  

Gonna try that recipe, Babe.  Not this weekend but soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gilzippy. Show gilzippy's posts

We are going to a friend's house - he has a super huge TV - to spend time with other obsessed Pats fans.  My husband is lucky because I don't drink, so he has a designated driver.  He likes the brown ales, will probably get Newcastle, and plenty of it!  I do a veggie platter with sour cream onion dip, I'm marinating the hot wings as we speak (I bake them til crispy and keep them warm in a crock pot and always get lots of compliments), I like the tortilla scoops with fresh salsa, I'm making deadly triple chocolate brownies, my friend makes beans.  There will also be pizza.  I don't eat much at these things because I'll be gritting my teeth with the Ravens playing.  If we get a comfortable lead, then I'll pig out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This alone makes this a brilliant menu!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Heading up to DC this weekend for the Inaguration on Monday, so not sure. We'll all probably head to a bar, which I don't actually prefer in these situations. Way too many distractions.

Anyway out of here for the weekend. I hope everyone is in good spirits on the flip side.   Go Pats!

Going to the inauguration?  See, now I understand why I still like you despite all the crazy things you say and all the insults you hurl around.  Have fun.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

Smitty's is awesome! Sam too. You have a fine taste in beer.

Thanks I like the darks beers guinness is good too, but I have to have it on tap.  I have a buddy that can shoot a pint of guinness in under 5 seconds.  To me that's a waste of good beer but to each his own.  At his bachelor he shot 5 pints and followed them with double shots on Jameson.  He was OK until some knucklehead bought him a shot of cuervo and he puked on the bar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Drink

2 6-Packs Bud Light

For food:

1 Veggie tray

(and 1 Roast Buzzard!)

Damn Dude, that looks like a helluva spread!  I might just can my plans of Alaskan Amber & ribs and just show up at your place! 

Hey, it's only 3,000 miles from WASU...pull up a chair!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

This alone makes this a brilliant menu!

Yeah, that's for the pre-game, LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Bruno's..Take Out.....

APPETIZERS....

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms...

Fried Calamari....

Buffalo Wings...

Buffalo Fingers...

Meatballs...

Salad

Antipasto......

PIZZA......

3-Large With EveryThing......

1-Large Chesse...

Beverage...

Beer

ShipYard...

ShipYard Imperial Porter-My Fav...

Corrs Lite....

Bud Lite...

Gin-Vodka With Mix,s

Red-Wine......

Coke-Dr Pep-Pepsi...

12-People in All..........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

I'm cooking some baby backs,sausage with onions and peppers and making a potato salad.

And this is what the Patriots will be feasting on:

LOL