Wheatley Returns to Practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Wheatley Returns to Practice

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4685011/cb-wheatley-returns-to-practice

Finally. I'm excited to see what this kid can do. Anyone have any insights as to what he was like in college? What his pro's/con's are?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Wheatley Returns to Practice

Wheatley actually looked better in preseason than any other CB NE has. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Added depth at CB, which is good.  Thought he played well enough in preseason, not sure he'd be here if Bodden wasn't hurt.  Let's see if he can live up to where he was drafted and stay injury free, which has been near impossible for this guy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It's all falling into place ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

He did look good in preseason.  I'm not so sure Arrington has looked bad though.  Actually, fairly surprised by him.  He's not playing perfect, but I expected us to suffer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

Hopefully they can put Wilhite in charge of guarding the water-cooler now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Started off very good as a rookie then got hurt (Hand if I remember correctly).

Year two regressed badly.  Wilhite passed him on depth chart and that's not a good thing.

This year had a very strong camp and was looking like the real deal, then repeats the injury thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

He looked very good coming out of Colorado, starting material, I thought.

He was fast and quick and appeared to have a nose for the ball.

However, he was somewhat injury prone even @ Colorado.

If he can stay on the field, he can battle Arrington and Butler for PT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Wheatley Returns to Practice:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully they can put Wilhite in charge of guarding the water-cooler now.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

What are you crazy? That's Mankins' job when he comes back. Wilhite, Wilhite can guard the cleats. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Wheatley is a bigger bust than Maroney.

This kid will probably be released soon.

Waste of a 2nd round pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

What I like is his communication and instincts in zone coverage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheatley Returns to Practice : What are you crazy? That's Mankins' job when he comes back. Wilhite, Wilhite can guard the cleats. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

The cleats would be too quick for Wilhite, and too diffucult to tackle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Wheatley is really fast. Now can we control him by remote control?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]It's all falling into place ...
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]nice....it would be somethin', wouldn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully they can put Wilhite in charge of guarding the water-cooler now.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

wilhite has been having a pretty good year covering the slot. he's the least of our problems on defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

wheatley is fast and was always a good cover corner, he just cant stay healthy. last year he lost the confidence of the coaching staff and never played. i suspect he may have had some injury problems too that went unreported. but he had a good preseason and has talent. if he can stay healthy he has potential to be the starter by the last quarter of the seaosn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]I thought we released this kid 2 years ago. He's still around? Biggest bust since Chad Jackson. Atleast we didn't move up the draft to get him.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Why did you stop complaining about Branch's contract?  We are waiting for you to come back with your tail between your legs in that dumb thread that you started....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheatley Returns to Practice : What? what was dumb about it. I put in the poll that maybe Branch had agreed to negotiate his contract as part of the trade. And that turns out to be the explanation.
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Pats will pay Branch about $5.5m in 2010 and another $6m in 2011.

Pats were not willing to pay Brach $6m per year in 2006. Why? Seahawks signed him to 6 years for $39m, $6.5m per year. Instead we endured a year of Caldwell as our top receiver (oh the horror!).

Basically either $6.5m per year was not too much then or $6m per year is too much now, they can't both be true.

And we gave Moss $9.5m per year.

BTW we pay Welker $3.5m per year for reference. Welker signed a 5 year $18.1m contract before we signed him (Welker's 3 yr performance = 2x Pro Bowls, 2x NFL reception leader, 3x Team reception leader, 2x All Pro Selection)

So what's going on here?

Looks like someone jumped to conclusiond to me....anymore complaining to do?

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts