Wheelin' and Dealin'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Wheelin' and Dealin'

I've always enjoyed how teams in general and the Pats specifically move their draft picks around. The strategy is intriguing and the announcements are the most exciting part of draft day(s). There are many of you on this forum who are more well versed on all things Patriots than I, and it would be great if you could speculate who exactly the Pats might trade with, and possibly for whom. Any takers?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Wheelin' and Dealin'

In Response to Wheelin' and Dealin':
    I've always enjoyed how teams in general and the Pats specifically move their draft picks around. The strategy is intriguing and the announcements are the most exciting part of draft day(s). There are many of you on this forum who are more well versed on all things Patriots than I, and it would be great if you could speculate who exactly the Pats might trade with, and possibly for whom. Any takers?
    Posted by teegee

Ummm....speculation with BB and who he will draft or sign is a waste of time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well every year there is the Phi trade. Last year BB dropped back 1 pick and Phi moved forward 1 pick just for fun.

Outside of that looking at the back end of the round, if there is a run on WR's you could have Clev trying to get back into the 1st. NO, wouldn't mind getting back into the 1st. KC could be a player if they want Weeden in the back of the 1st. Dal could be a player to move back into the 1st if they have a T or CB fall to the back of the 1st (Jenkins, Adams) and they want to shore up either position

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Here’s my list of swell-headed teams that will gladly give away a surprisingly valuable 2013 first or second round pick for a ham sandwich.  If a team isn’t actually that good in my power rankings but they won a bunch of close games, they’re on my swell-headed list.  They expect their pick to be in the twenties and somehow it bounces pretty far up.  Think of the San Francisco pick a few years ago. The pundits made San Fran their choice to surprise and make the playoffs, but things didn’t work out for the team at all.  The first round pick came in at #7, which became Jerod Mayo and change. 

I also list wallflowers, teams that look like their 2013 first round pick will be, say, in the teens but it will probably slide down to the twenties.  With an average of maybe 40% profit in trading out to next year, a trade-out is almost always a good trade in any case, but these teams are more like a 10% profit on average.  If your guy is hanging on the board, take the guy and skip these teams.

This forecast is entirely independent from team factors such as a new coach throwing out the deadwood and installing a new offense and defense, or the salary cap knocking 20% of the team off the roster.  Every GM and every pundit can see the new coach factor and the cap factor.  Everyone can see the won-lost record. 

I tried my system out last year on a ProFootballFocus.com "Pick the over-under" contest.  Each of four columnists would pick one over or under versus the Vegas estimate, for each of the eight NFL divisions.  They had a comments section below, so I added my picks down below.  I need to get back to them, but halfway through the season they were all averaging about 50% on their picks, no different than a random guess, and my statistical picks were simply slaughtering everyone's picks.  It was 4 of them versus 1 of me and I had no problem taking on the odds.

I’d nominate Oakland as the most overrated team this year, followed by Pittsburgh, and Miami as the most underrated.  Both teams are being torn up this year, Oakland by the cap and Miami by a new coach, and all this would be factored into the final trade equation.

New Orleans is at the top of my power rating going into next year.  My ratings are based entirely on points scored, and so having N.O. on top doesn’t reflect Roger Goodell’s recently taking a bludgeon to the team as it slept.  “And now I know how Joan of Arc felt” -- that just randomly popped up.

The 9-7 Giants really weren’t that good a team during the regular season, but then they beat four playoff-caliber teams, mostly at away games, and that counts in my system. 

My Ranking     My Rating  Won-Lost/Playoffs Trade for their 2013 picks?

1          no            13.3          13-3    /     1-1

2          ne            13.2          13-3   /      2-1

3          gb            12.9         15-1  /  0-1     Trade for their 2013 picks.

4          sf            12.0         13-3  /  1-1     Trade for their 2013 picks.

5          nyg            11.7        9-7  /  4-0

6          phi            11.5         8-8        Don’t trade for their 2013 picks.

7          bal            10.8        12-4  /  1-1   Trade for their 2013 picks.

8          hou           10.4        10-6  /  1-1

9          mia            9.7          6-10           Don’t trade for their 2013 picks.

10        pit            9.7          12-4  /   0-1  Trade for their 2013 picks.

11        atl            9.2          10-6  /  0-1

12        nyj            8.9           8-8

13        sd            8.8            8-8

14        det            8.7         10-6  /   0-1    Trade for their 2013 picks.

15        dal            8.5           8-8

16        sea            7.9          7-9

17        chi            7.5           8-8

18        ten            7.4          9-7             Trade for their 2013 picks.

19        cin            7.2           9-7  /   0-1     Trade for their 2013 picks.

20        az            7.0           8-8             Trade for their 2013 picks.

21        car            6.8         6-10

22        was            6.1        5-11            Don’t trade for their 2013 picks.

23        den            6.0        8-8  /   1-1   Trade for their 2013 picks.

24        buf            5.7         6-10

25        kc            5.6          7-9             Trade for their 2013 picks.

26        cle            5.5         4-12             Don’t trade for their 2013 picks.

27        min            5.5        3-13             Don’t trade for their 2013 picks.

28        oak            5.4        8-8             Trade for their 2013 picks.

29        jac            5.2        5-11

30        stl            2.9         2-14

31        ind            2.7        2-14

32        tb            2.4         4-12             Trade for their 2013 picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin':
    In Response to Wheelin' and Dealin' : Ummm....speculation with BB and who he will draft or sign is a waste of time
    Posted by Rocky

Yes, of course; that's extremely likely. However, can't be a total waste if you've taken the time to exhibit your opinion, even in a negative fashion. Yet,
    I was talking primarily about trading draft picks so I don't see your response as directly addressing the post. You could put forth that the entire forum is a waste of time, but many people enjoy it. And coming from someone who has had over 5000 posts, under this name at least, I find your contribution to be quite ironic. Sorry you're not having a good day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Wheelin' and Dealin'":
    In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin' : Yes, of course; that's extremely likely. However, can't be a total waste if you've taken the time to exhibit your opinion, even in a negative fashion. Yet, I was talking primarily about trading draft picks so I don't see your response as directly addressing the post. You could put forth that the entire forum is a waste of time, but many people enjoy it. And coming from someone who has had over 5000 posts, under this name at least, I find your contribution to be quite ironic. Sorry you're not having a good day. Posted by teegee
    LOL. This is SOLID! Rocky's ok though, doubt he meant anything by it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin' : Yes, of course; that's extremely likely. However, can't be a total waste if you've taken the time to exhibit your opinion, even in a negative fashion. Yet, I was talking primarily about trading draft picks so I don't see your response as directly addressing the post. You could put forth that the entire forum is a waste of time, but many people enjoy it. And coming from someone who has had over 5000 posts, under this name at least, I find your contribution to be quite ironic. Sorry you're not having a good day.
    Posted by teegee

--I did not mean anything by it....I am kind of having a bad day, vacation is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow....So my apologies
    --Most of my posts are informational posts for fellow fans and board members....I do a lot of copying and pasting of links/articles...So that is why there are so many posts....
    --My annoyance was related to other threads that are started over and over and over....Many people do not take them time to go back and check the threads to see if their's is similiar or close to it....(I obviously did not read your post close enough....)

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin' : --I did not mean anything by it....I am kind of having a bad day, vacation is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow....So my apologies --Most of my posts are informational posts for fellow fans and board members....I do a lot of copying and pasting of links/articles...So that is why there are so many posts.... --My annoyance was related to other threads that are started over and over and over....Many people do not take them time to go back and check the threads to see if their's is similiar or close to it....(I obviously did not read your post close enough....)
    Posted by Rocky

Thanks Rocky. I (almost) always enjoy to read what you're thinking. As a matter of fact, it's mega posters such as you and others, [whom I hesistate to list as an omission is likely (although I will admit that Faucet is my favorite, basically due to his many original thoughts)] that make this forum so enjoyable for draft aficionados. Plus it's hard in the morning to have a cup of coffee without checking MB's draft thread, definitely a must read.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin' : Thanks Rusty. I (almost) always enjoy to read what you're thinking. As a matter of fact, it's mega posters such as you and others, [whom I hesistate to list as an omission is likely (although I will admit that Faucet is my favorite, basically due to his many original thoughts)] that make this forum so enjoyable for draft aficionados. Plus it's hard in the morning to have a cup of coffee without checking MB's draft thread, definitely a must read.
    Posted by teegee

Yeah....I am sure if you read my posts you will realize I am not Rusty! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In Response to Re: Wheelin' and Dealin' : Yeah....I am sure if you read my posts you will realize I am not Rusty! LOL
    Posted by Rocky

Oops. My bad. Another senior moment! Since corrected

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I have a hunch we will be surprised during the draft. mainly becuase how BB loaded up during free agency with alot of value talent.

Sections
Shortcuts