when 53 plus 8 is greater than 61

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

when 53 plus 8 is greater than 61

As the Pats make "cut him or keep him" decisions this weekend, who do you think will land on the IR, PUP & NFI lists and why? In addition, who will get the "special" IR designation (ala Visanthe Schiancoe)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: when 53 plus 8 is greater than 61

Armstead is already on the NFI list so that's one.

Cunningham is in the last year of his year I believe so I can't see him IR'd but maybe PuP'd.

Really other than Sims and Winn I don't see many I'd want to stash or aren't on short term deals to begin with.

The one thing I don't think they will do again is use the exemption IR so quickly. Schia was such a waste last year. Esp when you have players like Amendola, Gronk, and Edelman who tend to get injures that don't take them out for a full year but for a large enough chunk it would hurt keeping them on the 53man squad for an extended period if they waste the exemption

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

I think we will really have to get down to about 50 or 51 from what we have now in order to make room to sign 2-3 guys who were cut from other teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggerjoe. Show wiggerjoe's posts

Whar about some of the cheerleaders on IR. who knows what they do at night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Players cannot be PUPed, unless they are already on PUP, once they practice, they are ineligible for it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Players cannot be PUPed, unless they are already on PUP, once they practice, they are ineligible for it. 

I keep forgeting that. Thanks for the correction

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

thanks for the responses ... this is my view

Moe, Zusevics & Grissom get a red-shirt IR year to develop physically, work on technique and study the playbook.

NFI status for Armstead & Harrison means they can be activated later in the season, if they can add value or provide injury relief - if not, then see above.

I believe Gronk & Cunningham are the only PUP-eligible players at this point. I have been thinking that they would stash Gronk there to ensure a 100% healthy return, but it appears that lack of production from Ballard & Fells has dictated otherwise. Having Cunningham start the season as PUP would allow the DE competition to extend into the regular season.