When do they look for a TB replacement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

When do they look for a TB replacement

I know we're talking about years out but when is the right time to find that next guy who can lead us to greatness? Believe me this is a hard post to type but we have to face the facts. 
    He's not going to be in there forever and I would think you'd need at least 2-3 years overlap for some kid to soak up all he can off TB. Now, based on that and how long you think TB has left when is the right time to start looking?

Is it the Oakland pick next year?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Re: When do they look for a TB replacement

I doubt we will invest a high 1st round on a QB in the near future. I think BB would like to see how well Hoyer developes and maybe bring in a few players via late draft choices and undrafted rookie. Hoyer seems fairly solid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Brady was in the 6th round, Cassel in the 7th, Hoyer was undrafted. I think the Pats like to develop their QBs, but Hoyer is not Brady's replacement. Hoyer is 25. Brady has about 5 more elite years in him. That would make Hoyer 30 when he replaces Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Hoyer right now from the Looks of it, Cassell last year and possibly someone else 2 or 3 years down the road. The Pats seem to like to develope guys that nobody else really wants. Let's hope they get lucky when the time comes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

After watching Cassell last year how and why in the world could you or would you want him as our QB. Seriously do you guys watch football? He was terrible here and even worse in KC. So what he had 3-4 good games , he couldnt complete a pass beyond 11 yards and still cant LOL. He was benched for a steak n cheese sub and a grape soda. LOL. And seriously what is the point of even having this thread , this is why I always ranking on most of you morons. W/out injury , which you can never be prepared for anyway , he has 5/7 more years left. This no point in trying to develop someone now unless your doing so for trade bait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: When do they look for a TB replacement:
    Hoyer seems fairly solid. I am ok with that statement. I am not ok with what you're insinuating, Hoyer as the ptential starter for this team when Brady retires. Hoyer is not the answer at QB. Nor do I want him as the starter.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan

I don't know the reason for the animosity towards Hoyer. No one knew Brady, a 6th round pick, and look how it turned out to be. Same with Cassel. Why can't Hoyer be a starter?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'd say Brady has about 4 good years left so draft replacement in 2 years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would start looking for his backup in about 3 years. I think he'll have a long NFL career and you want the replacement to train with the best.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

In three years, Brady will be 35. I say that's the best time to draft a replacement QB with a strong arm (preferably in the later rounds of the draft). Give him three years to learn under Brady and refine any technique/accuracy issues that the replacement may have, and you have yourself a new franchise QB. If your lucky, Brady may even return as quarterbacks coach after he retires, so the replacement may have Brady as his mentor for his entire career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

It seems logical that the draft picks on QBs keep getting more frequent and higher...they burned a 3rd last year.  Wake me up when they spend a 1st rd... which means a sudden demise and the cupboard is bare.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

TWO qestions:

1)  Who is his current replacement in an injury situation?

2)  Who will be his permanent replacement--drafted or traded for in a few years.

I say draft a 21 year old guy with great upside in 2-3 years or at the first best opportunity and get a vet right now as his backup, unless this is a semi-rebuilding year and then i guess Hoyer is the man.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

1.) Kevin O'Connell. . .  lol?
    2.) Hoyer looked really good for and undrafted rookie

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Whoever he is I feel bad for him already because he will never be good enough to replace Brady.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

time to start looking and get the development process going, i give TB four more years, i can't see him doing a Favre till he's 40.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

TB has said in a number of occasions even after his knee injury that he believes he can play until 40.  He's such a competitor that he probably will need to be told to stop playing. 

If the line protects him he can pick ds apart for years still.  I don't think the team will need to guess on what brady is thinking, he'll let them know that he's probably two years from retirement when ever that is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I look at it like this... Patriots will sign him to a 5 or 6 year deal and that means they look to draft his replacement no earlier then 2012 more likely 2013 and that gives him a couple years to season under Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Never...He is an ironman and will break Favre's record for oldest starting QB....J/K...I would agree that in 2-3yrs, but I will admit.  I like Hoyer.  At least from what I have seen of him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Digger didnt we say the same thing about Vinatieri then Ghost came along.  Havent missed V since then.  He was a great and will always be appreciated, but I have not missed him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

personally i dont see brady staying for 5-6 years.  i think its more like 3-4 at the most.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: When do they look for a TB replacement:
    Digger didnt we say the same thing about Vinatieri then Ghost came along.  Havent missed V since then.  He was a great and will always be appreciated, but I have not missed him.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Gostkowski was a nice find, Adam who? So, you are right as usual Mordecai, never say never.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

One thing you can't teach is leadership. A QB has to be a natural born leader.....Belichick has gone on record over the past few years saying he loves Tebow. He is also close with Urban Meyer....Tim Tebow is a natural born leader. His mechanics need to be tweaked. So did Brady's when he walked through the Foxboro doors back in 2000.....This seems to me like it'd be a nice fit. Tim will learn & be respectful. Not to mention he gives us a hell of a lot more options on 3rd/4th & 1. We all know Bill likes to go for it. & i'd rather not see Brady takes those hits on sneaks......Take Tebow late 2nd round-3rd round if he's there. Groom him. QB of the future. He has all the intangibles......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I'll just go with the flow, a couple of years ago I would have said O'Connell, now I say Hoyer.  And when the Pats draft another QB in the later Rds, I say that guy's name.