When does franchise tag candidate get selected?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

When does franchise tag candidate get selected?

When do you think BB makes the decision?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: When does franchise tag candidate get selected?

Hey Iceman- Clark will be right with you.He knows everything.It won't be a short answer...that I can guarantee!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well they have until the 4th to tag someone and I just don't see it happening. This is a hard cap year and the tag numbers are still extremely high from previous years contracts. No way they put a LT tag on Vollmer to play RT with the injury issue. They are better off letting him go to market and matching which could save them cap space. Talib is a nice CB and certainly help solidfy the secondary but the secondary was so bad we could be over valueing him. From a number of reports I read Talib was at best a middle of the road #1 CB when he was on the field so I doubt a high tag number for a CB is worth giving to Talib given the market for him might be low and there are a large number of CB's in FA who can provide as much lowering his value on the market. Welker just isn't worth the 2nd year tag. Love the guy but that's way above market value for his services. Truthfully I don't see a single player I'd put the tag on this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Well they have until the 4th to tag someone and I just don't see it happening. This is a hard cap year and the tag numbers are still extremely high from previous years contracts. No way they put a LT tag on Vollmer to play RT with the injury issue. They are better off letting him go to market and matching which could save them cap space. Talib is a nice CB and certainly help solidfy the secondary but the secondary was so bad we could be over valueing him. From a number of reports I read Talib was at best a middle of the road #1 CB when he was on the field so I doubt a high tag number for a CB is worth giving to Talib given the market for him might be low and there are a large number of CB's in FA who can provide as much lowering his value on the market. Welker just isn't worth the 2nd year tag. Love the guy but that's way above market value for his services. Truthfully I don't see a single player I'd put the tag on this year

I have read that the past concerns about Vollmer's back are no longer a primary concern of Patriots. His back surgery several season's ago apparently resolved that issue.  His performance decline at season's end was attributed to a knee problem (has since been resolved-hopefully-by his recent knee surgery...termed "minor clean-out"). I think it was   the Herald that had a recent article addressing Vollmer and the "injury" issue....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to moskk's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I have read that the past concerns about Vollmer's back are no longer a primary concern of Patriots. His back surgery several season's ago apparently resolved that issue.  His performance decline at season's end was attributed to a knee problem (has since been resolved-hopefully-by his recent knee surgery...termed "minor clean-out"). I think it was   the Herald that had a recent article addressing Vollmer and the "injury" issue....

Still I don't want to give LT tag money to a RT. If the back and knee aren't an issue all the more reason to sign long term, in which case there is no incentive to use the tag on him but to save some money by signing him to a long term RT contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Im guessing they aren't tagging anyone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

look it up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it still would not surprise me to see Talib tagged. Paying him 1/$9 is a lot easier to swallow than paying him or any other CB 3/$30 or more...

Bradys extension allows some leeway now with a tag this year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Talib doesn't accept something around the Bodden deal... 4/22, then tag him 1/9