When will Logan Mankins show up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

When will Logan Mankins show up?

When will Mankins show? Will he be in "football shape" and not get hurt? Are the Pats and his agent talking? I wonder what the over under is on holding out and geting hurt. Revis is a perfect example.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Re: When will Logan Mankins show up?

Who cares? The only thing I want out of that bum is a half decent draft pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

I would prefer Logan Mankins not show this season at all.  He has received lousy advice from his agent already, maybe the agent will tell him to stay out all season long.

I have written this before and I will write this again, if Mankins is out of professional football for two years, he will need another season to get back into professional football shape.  Mankins will be 31 by the time he is back to an All-Pro and his career will only have a few years left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I think he'll come back week 10 for the acrued season and become a unrestricted FA. I also think he'll get hurt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

franchise the fool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

In Response to Re: When will Logan Mankins show up?:
    I think he'll come back week 10 for the acrued season and become a unrestricted FA. I also think he'll get hurt.
    Posted by Philskiw

So if he comes back in week 10, he becomes a free agent at the end of the season?  What a crock... we get him for half a season and he gets to walk... I say we franchise the fool to.  Can we trade him after we franchise him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Cassel was traded after he was franchised.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

In Response to Re: When will Logan Mankins show up? : So if he comes back in week 10, he becomes a free agent at the end of the season?  What a crock... we get him for half a season and he gets to walk... I say we franchise the fool to.  Can we trade him after we franchise him?
    Posted by Ender587

If I was him I'd do the same thing. If he's smart we would be training to keep in top shape for week 10 and beyond. He's gotta do whats best for him and the Pats will do the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Who cares!!! Stay away bozo!!!! Why haven't we traded this guy by now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

What make you think anyone would agree to a trade for Mankins after he's franchised by the Pats?

I believe the Franchise Tag for an OL is around $8.5m.  Who's going to agree to pay that to Mankins or agree to a similar long-term deal that makes Mankins happy?  If the long-term deal is at significantly lower amount than the 1 year deal, Mankins can just refuse, take the $8.5m garaunteed deal and become an UFA again the following season. 

If nobody agreed to a trade for Mankins, the Pats are stuck with the Franchise year - 100% garaunteed to the player.

The fact is that the Pats are in a better position to trade Mankins THIS YEAR rather than after the season.  If they can't get the deal done now, it's much more likely they just let him go and not risk the real possibility of getting stuck with the very high 1 year Franchise rate for a player who doesn't want to be here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

connolly has made him expendable... bump him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

if he does come back, he wont be starting... will he?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from diablotin. Show diablotin's posts

Mankins has no leverage in the situation. If he has even half a brain he'll show up Week 10 and sing for his supper like a good lil' childrens.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why doesn't anyone on this board understand the Mankins situation? Why does everyone blame Mankins for wanting the best deal he can get? Why does everyone feel his agent is a fool?
    It is obvious that Mankins and his agent feel a better deal is out there than what the Pats have offered. It is also obvious that Mankins and/or his agent, have put out feelers for what his worth may be. It is also obvious that NO ONE will TRADE for Mankins and give him the salary he wants. Therefore, it is VERY SMART for Mankins to sit until game 10, which is his right to do, come back and gain the acrued season, and then be a free agent. That way ANY TEAM can sign Mankins without giving up any players or draft choices.
    If ANY REASONABLE TRADE was available, wouldn't the Pats have pulled the trigger already? Why do people continue to post TRADE HIM....THERE IS NO TRADE OUT THERE THAT IS WORKABLE FOR THE PATS OR ANOTHER TEAM!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Who?
    I'm worried about the Dolphins, not someone who isn't even on the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I say bring him back there are several things he can do.

GILLETTE STADIUM JOBS

Current Job Postings
    DateDepartmentJob TitleMore?Apply?
    9/27/2010Food and BeverageBartenderInfoApply
    9/24/2010Food & BeverageFood & Beverage ReceiverInfoApply
    9/17/2010Food & BeverageJob Fair 10/5/2010 - Food & BeverageInfoApply
    9/17/2010ParkingJob Fair 10/5/2010 - ParkingInfoApply
    9/17/2010SecurityJob Fair 10/5/2010 - TeamOpsInfoApply
    9/17/2010CBS SceneJob Fair 10/5/2010 - CBS Scene Patriot PlaceInfoApply
    9/13/2010Food & BeverageHawkerInfoApply
    9/13/2010Food & BeverageBanquet Sous ChefInfoApply
    9/13/2010EcommercePacking Associate(seasonal)InfoApply
    9/9/2010AdminAdministrative AssistantInfoApply
    9/1/2010Quality ControlDesignated Driver CoordinatorInfoApply
    8/30/2010ParkingParking FlaggerInfoApply
    8/30/2010ParkingParking CashierInfoApply
    8/3/2010Food & BeverageCommissary WorkerInfoApply
    7/1/2010Food & BeveragePrep CookInfoApply
    7/1/2010Food & BeverageLead CookInfoApply

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

why doesn't anyone on this board understand the Mankins situation? Why does everyone blame Mankins for wanting the best deal he can get? Why does everyone feel his agent is a fool? It is obvious that Mankins and his agent feel a better deal is out there than what the Pats have offered. It is also obvious that Mankins and/or his agent, have put out feelers for what his worth may be. It is also obvious that NO ONE will TRADE for Mankins and give him the salary he wants. Therefore, it is VERY SMART for Mankins to sit until game 10, which is his right to do, come back and gain the acrued season, and then be a free agent. That way ANY TEAM can sign Mankins without giving up any players or draft choices. If ANY REASONABLE TRADE was available, wouldn't the Pats have pulled the trigger already? Why do people continue to post TRADE HIM....THERE IS NO TRADE OUT THERE THAT IS WORKABLE FOR THE PATS OR ANOTHER TEAM!!
    Posted by rkarp

Why do you think no team has even inquired about a trade for Mankins now that he has refused a top 3 guard contract? He wants more money than he is worth. Therefore the whole situation boils down to either he has an overinflated sense of his own worth or his agent has overinflated his worth. That is Mankins fault, not the Pats  and there is really nothing to misunderstand. The guy was supposed to be a "working man" and ends up being a diva instead. So stop apologizing for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3936932. Show user_3936932's posts

In Response to When will Logan Mankins show up?:
    When will Mankins show? Will he be in "football shape" and not get hurt? Are the Pats and his agent talking? I wonder what the over under is on holding out and geting hurt. Revis is a perfect example.
    Posted by Philskiw

Maybe when he comes back he can play some defense!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I would prefer Logan Mankins not show this season at all.  He has received lousy advice from his agent already, maybe the agent will tell him to stay out all season long. I have written this before and I will write this again, if Mankins is out of professional football for two years, he will need another season to get back into professional football shape.  Mankins will be 31 by the time he is back to an All-Pro and his career will only have a few years left.
    Posted by Phoenix125

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

why doesn't anyone on this board understand the Mankins situation? Why does everyone blame Mankins for wanting the best deal he can get? Why does everyone feel his agent is a fool? It is obvious that Mankins and his agent feel a better deal is out there than what the Pats have offered. It is also obvious that Mankins and/or his agent, have put out feelers for what his worth may be. It is also obvious that NO ONE will TRADE for Mankins and give him the salary he wants. Therefore, it is VERY SMART for Mankins to sit until game 10, which is his right to do, come back and gain the acrued season, and then be a free agent. That way ANY TEAM can sign Mankins without giving up any players or draft choices. If ANY REASONABLE TRADE was available, wouldn't the Pats have pulled the trigger already? Why do people continue to post TRADE HIM....THERE IS NO TRADE OUT THERE THAT IS WORKABLE FOR THE PATS OR ANOTHER TEAM!!
    Posted by rkarp

I agree - he needs to do what is best for him. 

However, though our input does not count for much, we just do NOT believe what he is doing now is indeed best for him or for our team !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: When will Logan Mankins show up? : Why do you think no team has even inquired about a trade for Mankins now that he has refused a top 3 guard contract? He wants more money than he is worth. Therefore the whole situation boils down to either he has an overinflated sense of his own worth or his agent has overinflated his worth. That is Mankins fault, not the Pats  and there is really nothing to misunderstand. The guy was supposed to be a "working man" and ends up being a diva instead. So stop apologizing for him.
    Posted by rtuinila

The money will be available to him. It is the money and the compensation to the Pats that is the hold up.
    Supposed to be a working man? Not missing a game his entire career speaks for itself. How many players in the NFL are not "divas"? How can anyone begrudge another person wanting to make what that person feels is the best deal for themselves and their family? If a team is willing to pay Mankins more than the Pats are offering, more power to him. He put in his time, paid his dues, and now he has earned his right to cash in.
    Mankins and his agent are not dopes. They know the market, and understand what the market will be once Mankins is available with out compensation to the Pats.
    Please indicate ANY year in the history of the NFL where salries have gone down? To think that Evans set the bar for the indefinate future is short sighted. Mankins will get more. Too many teams need OL help.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Posted by rkarp

Well, for starters I think his agent is a fool by making it personal after being offered top 3 money and not controlling his client to let things get out of hand.

Secondly, I don't blame them for wanting to get as much as they can as these contracts don't occur very often, but its not the message that is wrong, it was the presentation of the message.

So IMHO, I think the agent could have handled this a bit better in his clients best interest.

And if this was Al Davis's team, you know he'd franchise him just to make his point, especially if he was publicly called out......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Hopefully never

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts