Where are all the people who attacked my assessment of our cbs over the past 2 years, esp mcc and arring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Where are all the people who attacked my assessment of our cbs over the past 2 years, esp mcc and arring

it would be hard for any team to win a championship with bottom of the league cbs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Where are all the people who attacked my assessment of our cbs over the past 2 years, esp mcc and arring

"Where are all the people who attacked my assessment of our cbs over the past 2 years, esp mcc and arring."

Don't'chu worry bredbu, we're still here-  Like you, and those like yourself, whom still don't have faith in NE's Secondary, WE likewise, have even far less faith in your limited viewpoints about a far too overwhelmingly great number of aspects RE: the game of football.

Even a bad QB in today's current modern day NFL WILL throw...EVERY game, for something in the neighborhood of 270+ yards and 2 TDs.  Add in a totally non-existant pass-rush, and the idea that 15 people could man any NFL Secondary successfully, is absolutely laughable.  Now add in zero QB Sacks and zero even QB HITS for that matter, PLUS a 5 yard average against the run up front against Baltimore, and who's to blame again bred...?  Bred:  "Secondary...passes get completed against them, and they don't even return any INTs for Touchdowns."

^ Good, good well-versed rationale as always bred.  Add to THIS, the simple fact that when you spread out your O into a shotgun based pass-happy 1 dimensional game, AND it DOES and WILL negatively affect the following 2 aspects of your team GRAVELY:  Defensive Success...  Your D is on the field more often against an the opposing O which is not as "iced" after having only 1 possession in an entire Quarter of play, the D is less rested and they have been afforded less adjustment time needed in their own gameplan against subsequent opposing O possessions.  Next, is 2nd half success, scoring, and ability to seal the game by your OWN Offense due to this approach.  YOU are playing RE-Active football...  Please get this:  A SIGNIFICANT overabundance in your O gameset towards the passing game and passing attack, Does NOT wear the opposing Defense out, compared to a greater split on the passing game equal to the smashmouth running gameplan combined.  You yourself (I'd hope...buuut I doubt it), saw the way Tennessee's Defensive unit was simply SOoo defeated and sooo exhausted (hands on hips...wore theF down) in the 2nd half of game #1...  NE had enforced THEIR will on them FAR more in that game.  Ya get more points on O this way (fantasy fans rejoice to the gods)...but you hamstring yourself in so many different and multidinous ways that hurts you in the ultimate endgame...On O AND on Defense given this approach. 

Bredbru:  "Secondary gives up first downs in the air for lots'a yards..."

Laz:  "Great, great discussion as usual bredbru...thanx for the hot newsflash and relevant input."

^ Hey bred...IF you can find us some better CBs, just make sure that they come along with an actually existant Pass-rush and complimentary Offense that actually benefits the Defense through their own efforts to wear down the opposition, afford their D some additional rest and adjustment periods, as well as have the capability to even once come through themselves late in a contest in order to solidify and ceal-out the game throughout maintaining dominance in the 2nd half on that side of the ball, and/or simply be in position wherein they're strong enough and have chipped away at the opposing squads D starters- wearing them down enough through the first 45-55 minutes, in order to finish them off come the 4th Q, and/or final drive of the game.

So get back to us with your extended free agent CB list which includes also, a new D-Line, new Outside Linebackers, a brand new Offensive line, a couple of HOF Runningbacks, a new Quarterback whom enjoys being under center, and a correctly tailored gameplan and new array of a few more NE Coaches to successfully enact this scheme, o.k.?

bred: "But I see NE Cornerbacks giving up pass-catches and they don't even score any Touchdowns for the pats."

^ Hey bud, IF it makes ya feel any better, IF NE's Secondary didn't take a pick back to their own 6 yard line, giving the O 1st and Goal from there, We would've lost 31-23 instead...  < See?!?  Don't you feel better with that additional knowledge, right now?  Bet'cha dooo...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Where are all the people who attacked my assessment of our cbs over the past 2 years, esp mcc and arring

He

has

RETURNED!

It is really hard to get on the CBs when the pass rush was non-existent. Not just bad. Totally devoid of anything positive last game, save for one good play that was summarily erased due to a penalty.

Everyone loved Asante in 07, and he didn't do it. In 2004, the CBs were overrated due to the likes of Seymour/McGinest/Vrabel/Wilfork/Warren. Look at that list again, at the time, that's 5 absolute STUDS, all going after th QB. We still have Wilfork, maybe Jones becomes as good as McGinest (who in 05 set a post season record with 4.5 sacks...IN ONE GAME!)...but there are nowhere near replacments for Seymour/Vrabel/Warren on this team.

Go look at ANY team with what's regarded as "Good CBs" and I'll show you a team with a VERY good pass rush. How's Asomugha looked since going to PHI? Asante too? Rodgers-Cromartie looked good in AZ, before going to PHI. How's AZ's pass rush again? Revis was the exception to the rule.

Once they figure out how to pressure the QB, their CBs will suddenly look good again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

McCourty will be a top 5 CB by the end of the year.  He has already played better than Revis.  The Jets were getting burned with Revis playing this year.  They now have the two worst starting CBs in the NFL.  Bust Kylie Wilson will be exposed when he starts for the first time in his career.  Cromartie will now have the spotlight on him as he holds on every play and will be exposed trying to handle Lloyd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We could have had Ty Law and Mike Haynes out there and they would have been left out to dry by the pass rush.  There is a reason that BB refuses to hand out huge contracts that the top CBs command and chooses to use draft picks and guys off the street.  The best corners in the world aren't going to do squat with no pressure on the QB.  Flacco had all day to throw.  You can't spend big money on every position on the team.  The Ravens handed out 10 million a year to Webb and what good did it do against Brady when he had all day to throw.  Top tier corners alone do not win Super Bowls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Also no offense bred but you really need to stop with the topic titles that are longer than your actual post.  Smh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

McCourty seems to be playing fine this year.  I suspect that he played injured last year, and now that injury has gone away.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Yeah, I don't get how you can agree with my assessment to move back to a 3 man front, agree that the pass rush was non-existant, yet still criticize the corner talent and say they're bad? 

Either you agree that there is no complimentary football being played along the front 7 or you blame the secondary, which is it, because you waffle more than Mrs Butterworth?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Arrington isn't playing up to my expectations but the others are. The Corners didnt lose the game for us. McCourty had some bad calls against him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Maybe they're having pina coladas at Trader Vicks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

patsfan76/JayShizzle:

I don't agree with Rusty on a lot of things, but that poster is not Rusty.  It is the Jets troll posing as him.  Rusty's banned account was CliffordIsHere while the Jets troll is using ClifordIsHere (see just one f). 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Other than C. Jones (at times), I didn't see much of a consistent pass rush generated on Sunday.  Is Ninkovich doing much out there in terms of pass rush?  I don't see it.  I may be in the minority, but other than the few poor penalties McCourty had I thought he was solid.  One PI against him was beyond bogus.  I think the D is thisclose to getting it figured out, but I think they need to be more creative in the ways it generates pressure.  Is Cunnigham the answer for Nink?  Scott?  

I saw a lot of intensity out there Sunday, which was good after a flat showing against the Cards.  But unless the front 7 can control the run and generate pressure, it will be the same old story of putting the DBs in a tough position.  They scored enough points to win.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I may be in the minority, but other than the few poor penalties McCourty had I thought he was solid. 

I said the same thing in another thread.  The only bad plays McCourty had were the final PI and the whiffed tackle on Pitta's touchdown.  Other than that, he actually had a fantastic game, and looked better in coverage than he has in 2 years.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:

Ok, Thanks for the heads up!  Its sad when someoone makes up a fake account just to try to clown someone and you cant even tell the difference. I knew that setup for a homerun was too easy for me.

Trolls getting sneaky now huh?   lol

Nah. He's been doing that for years. I have noticed that our jets boy's habit of pretending to be a fan of our weekly opponent has stopped. I think the new registration email verification has made it hard for him to change names 3 times a week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

welcome back Laz..........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to patsfan76's comment:

This is True, #32 was playing well before he was flagged for 2 holding calls in which he never held, but did try to jam a WR past the 5 yard point which should be illegal contact. I dont mind getting the flags early to see where u stand with the refs, but at the end of the game, despite them chucking for flags, # 32 still has to keep from running into the Wr but I cant fault him for being flustered after the refs attacked him.

I recall Ty Law saying last week, he went to his jam technique whenever he was tired and couldnt run and so he would just "choke em out" at the line and they would never get downfield. Revis is one of only a few that can do that today.

He also mentioned how he would test the Refs early by grabbing n' holding on the WR and see if they would call it and so he would always tell B.B. "hey, im going to get one early so u know"  To hear that now is crazy because I remember Ty always getting a illegal contact or holding call early in games but he always made up for it. Devin does not know how to press effectively and opens his hips too much allowing the WR a release. If he cant get a good jam and redirect he needs to just play off. This has been the case for 2 years now. Ras I is probably our best jam CB and when Arrington is man to man outside, just throw it deep and he will never make a play on the ball. Teams watch film and know this and so prepare for Fitzy to test the waters early. Stevie carved up McCourty something nice on the goal line last year that highlights what I just talked about. Opening the hips and allowing the WR to get where he wants....  He needs to be coached up better and safety help over the top in Cover 2 would help since thats the reason they play it....

An issue with the replacements I brought up in another post. With the regular refs players knew how a particular crew called games and if they didn't the tone of the officiating would be set in the first quarter. These guys react to every player and coach from both teams and the fans in the stands so it changes every play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I agree that the cornerbacks are awful but maybe an occasional sack woulld rattle opposing QBs. We got none against the Ravens but if you watched monday night's game Seattle got 8 in just the 1st half. That's a pretty good way to shut down an offense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

I agree that the cornerbacks are awful but maybe an occasional sack woulld rattle opposing QBs. We got none against the Ravens but if you watched monday night's game Seattle got 8 in just the 1st half. That's a pretty good way to shut down an offense.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts