Where are all the stories on Manning's contract?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Where are all the stories on Manning's contract?

Remember at the beginning of the year when almost every other story to come from every major news outlet was criticizing the Pats for not signing Brady? Well, Peyton Manning still hasn't signed and is set to be a free agent if a deal doesn't get done with the Colts. It seems a little ridiculous to me that the media wouldn't leave the subject alone when it came to Brady and the Pats, but we haven't heard a thing about Manning and the Colts.

Do you all think it's a sure thing that Manning is going to sign with the Colts? What if the new CBA doesn't allow franchise tags? Could he switch teams if he doesn't think the Colts are set for a future Superbowl run?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract?

Pretty interesting isn't?

I, and I am sure others, pointed this out last summer. The media was just irrationally all over the Brady deal day by day by day.

We heard nothing with Gomer whatsoever, yet Gomer continues to milk Indy's payroll every time he's due for a deal.

As proven, there is one set of rules/barometers/expectations for 31 NFL teams and one special one for the Pats.

It's a fact. It's not an opinion anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract?:
    [QUOTE]Pretty interesting isn't? I, and I am sure others, pointed this out last summer. The media was just irrationally all over the Brady deal day by day by day. We heard nothing with Gomer whatsoever, yet Gomer continues to milk Indy's payroll every time he's due for a deal. As proven, there is one set of rules/barometers/expectations for 31 NFL teams and one special one for the Pats. It's a fact. It's not an opinion anymore.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Could be most football fans don't give a rats behind about the Ponies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract

Well, according to ESPN's talking heads, a plethora of other media outlets, many NFL fans brainwashed by the media, etc, the Colts are just the bestest organization in sports with a spotless run of execution both on and off the field.

Polian is the best GM in the NFL and actually drafts better than anyone, as well as spending money well in free agency.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract

In Response to Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract:
    [QUOTE]Well, according to ESPN's talking heads, a plethora of other media outlets, many NFL fans brainwashed by the media, etc, the Colts are just the bestest organization in sports with a spotless run of execution both on and off the field. Polian is the best GM in the NFL and actually drafts better than anyone, as well as spending money well in free agency.

Nah, I'm still going with no one gives a &%#!.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Niz could be right. 

Or, it is possible that Brady and/or his agent made sure the story got out last year.  Brady is supposedly close with Michael Silver who wrote the national article that started the media storm. 

Maybe Manning doesn't have any reporters that close to him, or maybe he and his agent aren't yet ready to start planting stories. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]Niz could be right.  Or, it is possible that Brady and/or his agent made sure the story got out last year.  Brady is supposedly close with Michael Silver who wrote the national article that started the media storm.  Maybe Manning doesn't have any reporters that close to him, or maybe he and his agent aren't yet ready to start planting stories. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Or, they tried to plant stories and no one gave a &%$!.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe the media just knows signing a first-rate QB like Brady is more important than signing a second-tier guy like Manning?

(Just kidding of course)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I think the Colts are waiting for Polian's Competition Committee to declare that any team based in the state of Indiana is hereby exempt from the limits of the salary cap until 2020 (by then Polian's drinking will have killed him and Manning will be retired).

Once Polian rams that new rule through, they'll re-sign Peyton Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Niz could be right.  Or, it is possible that Brady and/or his agent made sure the story got out last year.  Brady is supposedly close with Michael Silver who wrote the national article that started the media storm.  Maybe Manning doesn't have any reporters that close to him, or maybe he and his agent aren't yet ready to start planting stories. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. A guy who is notoriously generous with his money, took pay cuts for his team to have room to compete, etc, plants a story behind Kraft's back.

Yup.  Good logic, Underpants.

Another stellar premise from you.

Please take the anti-stupid pills. It's past lunch time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Yea Underdogg take your "maybe" and stick it. You have no proof Brady did anything like that so shut up. IMO Brady doesnt play the media game or the contract game. So unless you know he planted storys and have proof keep it to yourself. How funny would it be if Manning pulled a LeBron? What would happen if Manning suddenly wanted to test the market and see if he could go to another team? What team would he go to? Im not saying he would just saying I wonder what the backlash would be. I personally would laugh. I would think he would go to an NFC team who play in a dome because one the NFC is soft as sh*t and so is Manning and playing in a dome is for players who are soft as sh*t and Manning is. So my money would be on him going to the Vikings. But we all know he will resign with the Colts.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yep, Vikings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract? : Or, they tried to plant stories and no one gave a &%$!.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

Which would take us back to your first point. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yea Underdogg take your "maybe" and stick it. You have no proof Brady did anything like that so shut up. IMO Brady doesnt play the media game or the contract game. So unless you know he planted storys and have proof keep it to yourself. How funny would it be if Manning pulled a LeBron? What would happen if Manning suddenly wanted to test the market and see if he could go to another team? What team would he go to? Im not saying he would just saying I wonder what the backlash would be. I personally would laugh. I would think he would go to an NFC team who play in a dome because one the NFC is soft as sh*t and so is Manning and playing in a dome is for players who are soft as sh*t and Manning is. So my money would be on him going to the Vikings. But we all know he will resign with the Colts.
    You are right.  I have no proof, but someone with inside information told Silver that there were issues with the pats and Brady on the contract front.  That's why he wrote the article. 

Silver provided some more insight in his "mailbag" article. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippintuesday061510

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the stories on Manning's contract? : Yeah, right. A guy who is notoriously generous with his money, took pay cuts for his team to have room to compete, etc, plants a story behind Kraft's back. Yup.  Good logic, Underpants. Another stellar premise from you. Please take the anti-stupid pills. It's past lunch time.
    Its a good thing you've got the "personal attacks" angle of board posting down, because your ability to reason sucks. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yeah, it's terrible. I have forgotten more about these topics than you'll ever dream of learning.

You're a hokey goober from rural Indiana who is trying to play with the big boys.

Forget it.  Just move along.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, it's terrible. I have forgotten more about these topics than you'll ever dream of learning. You're a hokey goober from rural Indiana who is trying to play with the big boys. Forget it.  Just move along.
    Yep, its responses like these that make my fingers want to stop typing.  shivvverr. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Good!

Leave once and for all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Where are all the stories on Manning's contract?:
    [QUOTE]Remember at the beginning of the year when almost every other story to come from every major news outlet was criticizing the Pats for not signing Brady? Well, Peyton Manning still hasn't signed and is set to be a free agent if a deal doesn't get done with the Colts. It seems a little ridiculous to me that the media wouldn't leave the subject alone when it came to Brady and the Pats, but we haven't heard a thing about Manning and the Colts. Do you all think it's a sure thing that Manning is going to sign with the Colts? What if the new CBA doesn't allow franchise tags? Could he switch teams if he doesn't think the Colts are set for a future Superbowl run?
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Nobody outside of Indianapolis cares about Indianapolis

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not even sure people in Indianapolis care about Indianapolis. I have no idea how on earth they were granted a chance to be a host SB city.

When is it after that?

Wichita, KS?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty interesting isn't? I, and I am sure others, pointed this out last summer. The media was just irrationally all over the Brady deal day by day by day. We heard nothing with Gomer whatsoever, yet Gomer continues to milk Indy's payroll every time he's due for a deal. As proven, there is one set of rules/barometers/expectations for 31 NFL teams and one special one for the Pats. It's a fact. It's not an opinion anymore.

I have to ask - where are you guys located? I would certainly expect story after story from the Boston papers on Brady's contract. As I now live in the DC area, I can say there were pretty much no stories around here. The only time I saw it was online in this forum. I don't even remember much on ESPN.com (but I could be wrong.) 

Just adding the perspective of someone no longer just outside Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from itsjustagame1. Show itsjustagame1's posts

Not really concerned about Manning. That's the Colt's problem.

I'm more worried about players like Mankins and the numerous other players who need to be re-signed or replaced.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg what do you think the chances are Manning takes his talents to south beach....per say lol I could see him leaving the Colts high and dry and going to the Vikings. Im just saying stranger things have happened. If people were willing to imagine Brady leaving the Pats why do you think its not the same for Manning? Cause if anyone has been more loyal to his team of the two its Brady who took pay cuts to make his team better. So what say you?
    nearly anything is possible.  Like Brady, Manning also restructured his contract to allow for players to be signed.  Manning just took more at the outset.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Manning isn't going anywhere. He will be a colt for another 4-5 years.  Carry on about something else, this really isn't a topic.