Where are the visions?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Where are the visions?

As a european I must say Im really surprised to hear how certain socalled experts and fans dont like the idea of the NFL to expand to Europe. Are you really that conservative og narrow minded in the States? If I were an American I would be thrilled to expand the game we love so much and develop the league globally. And also very proud that other countries now have e true interest in the game and finds it exiting. Soccer is now the biggest game in world thanks to the promotion of the game worldwide. I thought America was a nation of visionary people with a global perspective on things...and not a self centered people trying to protect themselves from the world outside (and yes I know alot of Americans support the idea of a global NFL too!). I think Goddell, Kraft etc. are brave and visionary men who really care for the game. And as a European Im stunned by the fact that some people dont like the idea of a London based team because it takes 5 hours to go there!! Come on....
    By going global the league can attract even more money og develop even more talent as other countries start to play the game too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

Re: Where are the visions?

In Response to Where are the visions?:
    As a european I must say Im really surprised to hear how certain socalled experts and fans dont like the idea of the NFL to expand to Europe. Are you really that conservative og narrow minded in the States? If I were an American I would be thrilled to expand the game we love so much and develop the league globally. And also very proud that other countries now have e true interest in the game and finds it exiting. Soccer is now the biggest game in world thanks to the promotion of the game worldwide. I thought America was a nation of visionary people with a global perspective on things...and not a self centered people trying to protect themselves from the world outside (and yes I know alot of Americans support the idea of a global NFL too!). I think Goddell, Kraft etc. are brave and visionary men who really care for the game. And as a European Im stunned by the fact that some people dont like the idea of a London based team because it takes 5 hours to go there!! Come on.... By going global the league can attract even more money og develop even more talent as other countries start to play the game too.
    Posted by haldager

yea i think they tested the global waters with NFL Europe... plus comparing it to soccer makes no sense... American teams in the MLS dont compete with Premeirship teams in europe... If they want to take the game globally go for it but i wouldnt put them in the same league. Besides it would water down the talent level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

I dont think we have any problem with other countries or the game catching on there, but we are pretty set in the way the game is played and the schedule that it keeps.  Having a team in England causes a lot of problems with travel and unfair advantages for divisional teams that would have to go there twice a year.  If England was to start its own league for instance that would be great.  I may even become a fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the visions?:
    I dont think we have any problem with other countries or the game catching on there, but we are pretty set in the way the game is played and the schedule that it keeps.  Having a team in England causes a lot of problems with travel and unfair advantages for divisional teams that would have to go there twice a year.  If England was to start its own league for instance that would be great.  I may even become a fan.
    Posted by JBonesky

they might get there someday. they have little organized football(american) leagues with certain rules and can only have like 10 americans on a team even less suit up for game day, my buddy was a divison II college player and while stationed here played for the ispwich cardinals.. resembled more of a high school game but they grasped the concept. maybe someday the league will grow like it did in the u.s. way back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think we disliked having the NFL Europe.  In fact, I was living in Europe a lot of those years and hoped it caught on.  I don't like the idea of an NFL team there, but it's not something I'm going to lose any sleep over either.  In my fantasy world, NFL Europe would have caught on and developed into a good league.  In my fantasy world, the NFL Europe would have slowly been filled with homegrown talent being developed over there.  That would open up some interesting possibilities.  The two league champions playing each other... A Pro Bowl against each other...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Where are the visions?:
    As a european I must say Im really surprised to hear how certain socalled experts and fans dont like the idea of the NFL to expand to Europe. Are you really that conservative og narrow minded in the States? If I were an American I would be thrilled to expand the game we love so much and develop the league globally. And also very proud that other countries now have e true interest in the game and finds it exiting. Soccer is now the biggest game in world thanks to the promotion of the game worldwide. I thought America was a nation of visionary people with a global perspective on things...and not a self centered people trying to protect themselves from the world outside (and yes I know alot of Americans support the idea of a global NFL too!). I think Goddell, Kraft etc. are brave and visionary men who really care for the game. And as a European Im stunned by the fact that some people dont like the idea of a London based team because it takes 5 hours to go there!! Come on.... By going global the league can attract even more money og develop even more talent as other countries start to play the game too.
    Posted by haldager

Belichick's opening remarks: "This is quite an experience for us, all of us, the team, the players, and myself. I’ve been in the National Football League 35 years and this is the first time I’ve been to a facility like this. So it’s kind of cool and I’m looking forward to the experience this weekend at Wembley [Stadium] and the couple of days we have here in London. It would be nice if we could hang around a little bit longer and see the Tower of London and all that. It’s a great, great city with great history and I love that it’s getting into football and the NFL."

This is good for football and we are all about taking your money Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

NFL Europe flopped. I am not against expanding the game per se, but where is the long term sustainability of a franchise in Europe?  I don't know if it is wise to have a full-time team in Europe when Los Angeles doesn't even clamor for a team.  They might as well put a team in Jacksonville, Florida or an NHL team in Phoenix.  Oh... wait.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

There was a league in Europe.

Nobody watched it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

NFL Europe flopped. I am not against expanding the game per se, but where is the long term sustainability of a franchise in Europe?  I don't know if it is wise to have a full-time team in Europe when Los Angeles doesn't even clamor for a team.  They might as well put a team in Jacksonville, Florida or an NHL team in Phoenix.  Oh... wait.
    Posted by Mike-J-D

SERIOUSLY if we cant even have a team in LA, dont even start thinking about london.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Nobody watched the NFL Europe because everyone knew the players were too bad to plays in the real NFL. If London is going to have a team it must be with real and well known NFL players - be a part of the draft in the US etc.. Furthermore nobody watched NFL Europe because the teams were a joke and everyone knew they were second hand to and bad copies of the real NFL teams. But if you make a London team a part of a division in the real NFL and the famous teams come visit, then Im sure there will be 80,000 at each home game. You really cant compare NFL Europe to having European teams being a part of the real NFL. Its the same problem with soccer in the US. Nobody gives a damn cause the fans know it is not the best players and they dont compete with well known teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm all for a London based team, as long as they don't play US based NFL teams. Start your own franchise in Europe.Let London play Madrid, or Madrid play Rome..whatever. The winner of NFL Europe can play the winner of my son's midget football team for the world championship. Go NFL Europe!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

I'm all for a London based team, as long as they don't play US based NFL teams. Start your own franchise in Europe.Let London play Madrid, or Madrid play Rome..whatever. The winner of NFL Europe can play the winner of my son's midget football team for the world championship. Go NFL Europe!
    Posted by PatsLifer

haha i agreeee

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I dont think they should have NFL teams outside of the states.one main reason the long travels.short preperations ect.now i could see a world league.there can be teams,and athletes from all over the world.plus NFL players that are free agents,or have been cut,can sign with a world league team.plus there are many talented collage players that dont get drafted,or signed here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

I dont think they should have NFL teams outside of the states.one main reason the long travels.short preperations ect.now i could see a world league.there can be teams,and athletes from all over the world.plus NFL players that are free agents,or have been cut,can sign with a world league team.plus there are many talented collage players that dont get drafted,or signed here.
    Posted by mosseffect43

YOU are Ignorant!!! There are long travels in the states alone. Players would love to have an excuse to live in england during the season. Cheat on their wives with euro trash ect... plus with the pound to dollar ratio they would be gettin paid marjorly in a currency that isnt de-preciating by the day. Would be a great idea i can see it now... NY and London would be a good rivalry. finally New york can play a city up to its caliber since theres no LA team...

O'Doyle RULES!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

haldager,

I don't like the idea of expansion at all at this point. That includes a new team in the US or expanding the schedule to 18 games.

Expanding the schedule will end up diluting the talent pool by the necessity of expanding the roster and increasing injuries. This will dilute the product. An expansion team will do the same. 

A team in Europe has the added logistical dimension which makes scheduling games there and travel for the European team to the US an undue hardship.

Fans across the globe is fantastic. Maintaining the integrity of the product is more important.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

They have a sport that is perfect right now. If they try and make it bigger it doesn't necessarily mean it will be better. Like most people, I don't want my team to have to travel like that either. Yes, we do have to travel to Cal. from time to time but I don't like my team having to travel across country and neither do the players I'm sure....Not to mention the time schedule going that direction. I guess my point is, if you have something is perfect right now, why change it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

they should expand the season to 17 games and have each team play a game in berlin or london every year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Posted by JBonesky

The NFK could pull a Concorde out of mothballs.  That would reduce jet lag significantly.  I'd even fly it for them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

NFL, sorry typing in the dark

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the visions? : YOU are Ignorant!!! There are long travels in the states alone. Players would love to have an excuse to live in england during the season. Cheat on their wives with euro trash ect... plus with the pound to dollar ratio they would be gettin paid marjorly in a currency that isnt de-preciating by the day. Would be a great idea i can see it now... NY and London would be a good rivalry. finally New york can play a city up to its caliber since theres no LA team... O'Doyle RULES!
    Posted by HCofTheNYJ
    i hate it when an ignorant person calls someone ignorant.look what you are saying.you have no clue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BillsHoody. Show BillsHoody's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the visions? : YOU are Ignorant!!! There are long travels in the states alone. Players would love to have an excuse to live in england during the season. Cheat on their wives with euro trash ect... plus with the pound to dollar ratio they would be gettin paid marjorly in a currency that isnt de-preciating by the day. Would be a great idea i can see it now... NY and London would be a good rivalry. finally New york can play a city up to its caliber since theres no LA team... O'Doyle RULES!
    Posted by HCofTheNYJ

This Namath post isn't serious, right?  I was actually going to argue with this but then came to my senses.

Sections
Shortcuts