Where can I start???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2027860. Show user_2027860's posts

Where can I start???

For starters, the offense had the right idea at times by running the backs from shotgun through the inside gaps with some success to force the Jets to bring the pass rush inside. I know some of those were nullified by dumb penalties by both tight ends but they had the Jets thinking about it. Had they ran play action off that same formation it would have forced the rush to read run first then come after Brady. Funny, it was eerily similar to the Super Bowl when the Giants kept forgetting about the inside gaps then just teeing off on Brady from the edges. I suggest they put Tom under center more and start running the ball more to offset the pass pressure defensive schemes which every team is employing now against the Pats. This should protect Tom and give him time to feel his way back. Im sorry to say this, but right now Tom is not Tom. He missed a couple of gimmes (missing Julian Edelman for a TD early). Don't think the Pats defense played all that bad minus the TD drive. All and all they gave the offense a decent chance to come thru at the end of the game. Joey Galloway needs to hit the film room and work on his route adjustments. Lost count how many times he was supposed to cut his route short and kept running causing an incompletion. Worse yet he turned into Reche Caldwell for most of this game by dropping the football in key situations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

Agree 100%

I was screaming those exact same things all game long. 

And Galloway=Reche...Good call.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2027860. Show user_2027860's posts

Re: Agree 100%

In Response to Agree 100%:
    I was screaming those exact same things all game long.  And Galloway=Reche...Good call.
    Posted by John413

Yeah.. and Bill Belichick knows he was outcoached. I can't wait for the Nov 22nd match up. Hopefuly Galloway is in sync and our D is at full strength

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: Where can I start???

As Bart Scott alluded to, the Jets benefited from playing the Pats this early.  There really was no way to scout this team because they have a new QB and a completely new D - it's essentially starting from scratch. 

I think the gameplan on D worked well but on the one blitz I remember Sanchez sort of threw away a would be TD.  I don't know if more pressure would have changed anything but the stopped the run well with just four guys and when you allow 16 points you expect to win.

The offensive gameplan is where there is legitimate cause for concern.  They really don't have an answer for that type of pressure.  The plays take way too long to develop and nobody is ever open.  I would say they're screwed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_2027860. Show user_2027860's posts

In Response to Re: Where can I start???:
    As Bart Scott alluded to, the Jets benefited from playing the Pats this early.  There really was no way to scout this team because they have a new QB and a completely new D - it's essentially starting from scratch.  I think the gameplan on D worked well but on the one blitz I remember Sanchez sort of threw away a would be TD.  I don't know if more pressure would have changed anything but the stopped the run well with just four guys and when you allow 16 points you expect to win. The offensive gameplan is where there is legitimate cause for concern.  They really don't have an answer for that type of pressure.  The plays take way too long to develop and nobody is ever open.  I would say they're screwed.
    Posted by SonnyCorlione

I wouldnt say they are screwed. its a little early for that. they simply did not force the Jets D to play the run a little more to keep them honest. I think if the Pats can put together a good running game it will force defenses to play more base packages which plays into their hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We beat the Jets at home no doubt. If not I might hang myself lol

Sections
Shortcuts