where did the running game come from?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

where did the running game come from?

What is the reason/s the Pats running game suddenly emerged?
    - Brady's injuries
    - Injuries to OL and Vollmer's playing time
    - BB realizing this isnt 2007 offense
    - No legit #3 WR
    - Play calling (O'Brien finally getting comfortable)

Not complaining about its emergence in fact it's about time just curious to see others think is the reasons? 

Loved seeing Brady roll out a couple of times during Jacksonville game - the D doesnt' expect it and it's more difficult to defend (IMO) assuming Tom can make an accurate throw on the run (not a strength) and it prevents Tom from getting it in the pocket.

So is it coincedence or part of the master plan heading into the playoffs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: where did the running game come from?

I think a big part of it is that we have actually focused on running the ball this year where as the last 2 years the running game has really been the red headed step child for the Pats. I'm going to like seeing Fred Taylor run behind a healthy offensive line in the playoffs with Volmer on one side and Light on the other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

Vollmer may be the biggest reason, he's brought an attitude to the OL.  The timing of this couldn't be any better.  Balance is key to keeping D guessing. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

How can you not move to a balanced attack with the play of the Oline with Vollmer there.  They are pushing people around and openning nice holes for the RBs.
    It is nice to see a running game back, reminds me of the Smith and Dillon days.  We might ride this running game all the way to Miami.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

seems like the running game improved when light came back at LT and Vollmer rotated w/ Kaczur at RT. Plus, for the most recent game - it's the first game that Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, and Vollmer started a game together.

If these guys can stay healthy during the entire playoffs....we've got a chance offensively to go up w/ anyone.  However, our D is a different matter altogether. If our offense can keep our D off the field, we could go deep into the playoffs.

There's something to be said about going into the playoffs healthy and with a little momentum....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think it is and always has been the O-line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I think the running game emerged when Vollmer originally took over for Light. Seabass and Mankins were a two man paving crew on the left side and Maroney has stayed healthy and has run hard all season. His fumbles aside (Faulk had them too his first six seasons) he has looked awesome. I think all of your guesses would be accurate. All of the backs are good and the line is blocking more often and better. Brady has been hurt and takes alot of shots at times sitting in the "shotgun" formation. I think our running game is exactly what we need against the teams that are in the playoffs, by keeping their offenses on the sidelines and running the clock we can beat them all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cincyscott. Show cincyscott's posts

no doubt about it, running game is exactly what is needed heading into the playoffs and the O line has the most impact on the success of the running game. I have always appreciated Neal's efforts especially in the run game.  I suspect Brady's injuries have prompted more running plays, however, this last game looked to be his best passing game, he really looks like he's got his confidence back.  The play action pass will really help heading into post season particularly if the threat of the run is there.  Can't wait to see what this group can do! 

Sections
Shortcuts