Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings?

After four games, heres' my Power Ratings:

1.) NY Giants: The most balanced club in all phases at this point in the season;

2.) Indianapolis Colts: It kills me to say this...but I've never seen Peyton Manning play as well as he has over the past three games. He has made rookie WRs like Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon look like Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. Their defense will get much better when Bob Sanders returns.

3.) New Orleans Saints: Another team thats' shown great balance. Drew Brees could threaten Tom Brady's 50 TD passes record;

4.) New England Patriots: Still a work in progress, but seemingly getting better with each game;

5.) Minnesota Vikings: If Brett Favre can continue playing anywhere near as well as he did Monday night, the Vikes will be a legitimate contender. DE Jared Allen is a monster;

6.) Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens now have an offense to go along with their feared defense...although their defense may be a tad overrated;

7.) Philadelphia Eagles: Injuries have prevented them from making their mark. But, when McNabb and Westbrook get healthy, watch out. WR DeSean Jackson is one of the 5 most explosive players in the game;

8.) Pittsburgh Steelers: Don't let that 2-2 mark fool you. They're still tough...and have perhaps the most underrated great QB in the game in Big Ben;

9.) NY Jets: The Jets can play with anybody. But, it remains to be seen if they have staying power;

10.) Denver Broncos: They're still unbeaten. We'll know how good they really are after Sunday's game.    

11.) San Francisco 49ers: A dangerous team on the rise;

12.) San Diego Chargers: They can score...but can their defense stop anyone?

13.) Atlanta Falcons: Like the Bolts...they can score. Stopping the opposition is the problem;

14.) Jacksonville Jaguars: Winners of two straight, and played the Colts tough in Indy;

15.) Cincinnati Bengals: Have much to prove in Baltimore this weekend;

16.) Miami Dolphins: Can run the football, and usually don't beat themselves;

17.) Houston Texans: You never know what you're going to get from this up and down team;

18.) Chicago Bears: Jay Cutler is vastly overrated;

19.) Arizona Cardinals: The Cards will continue to su ck this season, until their OL starts protecting Kurt Warner;

20.) Dallas Cowboys: Need big changes in Big D. But, will Jerry Jones ever fire himself?

21.) Green Bay Packers: No running game...weak OL;

22.) Tennessee Titans:
    Badly miss Albert Haynesworth. Its' time to start playing Vince Young;

23.) Carolina Panthers: How many DelHolmes will Jake finish with this season?

24.) Seattle Seahawks: Too many injuries;  

25.) Washington Redskins: Really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel now. No way Jim Zorn lasts the season in DC;

26.) Buffalo Bills: Hard to believe that the Patriots almost lost to this bunch;

27.) Cleveland Browns: Who else will Eric Mangini give away to the Jets?

28.) Detroit Lions: Yes, there are worse teams in the league than the Lions;

29.) Oakland Raiders: Raiders edge out the Chiefs since they beat them;

30.) Kansas City Chiefs: The Chargers should be ashamed on themselves if they don't win their division;

31.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brings back memories of the John McKay days. Might at well dress these clowns in the creamcycle uniforms again, with Captain Jack Sparrow on their helmuts!

32.) St. Louis Rams: Best bet for the number one overall pick.

Heres' how the Cold, Hard Football Facts has the teams rated:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/10_235_Power_Rankings%3A_parity%2C_we_hardly_knew_ye.html

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Re: Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings?

I'd put the Saints ahead of Indy, and I can't help but think the Bronco's should be higher, but, overall, I can't disagree much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Looks pretty solid, TexasPat3, but I actually think you put our Patriots a little too high, at least at this point in the season- like you said, "a work in progress".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I have no problem with these ratings Tex, but I think the Pats are best suited for the long season ahead.  With so much youth and depth on the defensive side of the ball, the Pats will be looking good and healthy come Nov and Dec and into the playoffs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

You have the Patriots ahead of most national pundits' power rankings.  They average sixth or seventh, and one #10.  In my opinion you're closer to right and they're off.  I think we have a replay of earlier years when we all knew the Patriots were better than the national media thought they were.

I'm a big believer in the score after three quarters -- the fourth quarter with its prevent defense is a random number generator.  The Patriots' two worst games were early, barely surviving a lousy Buffalo team at home (a horrid, losing effort from my third quarter viewpoint), and not too bad a loss (10-13 after 3 quarters) to a good Jets team away after a short week of prep, where the Jets' coach pointedly called out the Pats as early as last May. 

Then they got ahead of Atlanta by 16 points.  In the fourth quarter Atlanta tried to beat the prevent but folded early.  Atlanta, for its part, got way ahead of Miami and Carolina in three quarters, so Atlanta is at least good at beating the bunny teams down.  I have no evidence that Atlanta is a bad team.  Nice reputation from last year.

Next, they went ahead of 3-0 Baltimore by 10 points, and Baltimore inherited an excellent reputation from last year.  Baltimore took pretty good advantage of the Patriots' prevent up until Baltimore's beat-the-prevent plan failed.  The prevent is played for a reason -- statistically it usually wins, but it doesn't tend to run up the score. 

I think that Baltimore's whining about good referee calls is a gimmick, working the refs for next game advantages, a favorite NFL pasttime.  As a side effect it influences pundits and it keeps upper management off of the coach's back.  However, if Baltimore had not schemed to attack Brady with a vengeance, how could Baltimore have won the game?  So, the team schemed to hit Brady in the knee with a shoulder pad and to poke him in the eye if possible, but with not enough provocation for a penalty.  A tentative Brady was Baltimore's best shot.  The attacks failed.  Happens.  We'll see the Ravens in Foxboro in January.

I conclude that the Patriots' huge group of 2008 injured reserve players (notably Brady), 11 free agents and 4 hot draft picks were not jelling in week 1, were jelling the last two weeks against two good and better teams, and will be a little better next week.  I see a deep, injury-resistant pool of talent across the board and expect big things overall from the team by December.

My power ranking is all about next week, not about four weeks ago, not even about last Sunday.  For this reason I'm not willing to put next week's Patriots in back of anyone.  I expect Tom Brady to gradually approach his previous death star stature, with the usual cast plus Edelman (and former first roundish prospect Brandon Tate after the bye week).  Peyton Manning is singlehandedly holding a talentless club together with awesome talent, but the high-powered Patriots' new defense will jell well by that meeting.  I expect the Saints to play about as well as Baltimore did at Foxboro.  The Giants were able to blitz Tom Brady at the Super Bowl because of multiple O-line injuries that don't exist right now.  That's why I give the Patriots a #1 power ranking in the NFL.  They're going to beat down a lot of good teams, and at this point they'll tear the bad ones up like a chew toy in a dog's jaws.  Oh, and the new-look New Jersey Jets will no longer be unfamiliar at the second game in Foxboro.  Remember how badly Miami went down the second time the Patriots played them last year?  Don't forget Miami's Baltimore-like whining and tough-guy cheap shots at the end.

The only question is when the various national pundits have to concede something they don't want to hear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

If the titans keep it up, we will have made one heck of a deal on draft day.  As for the rankings, I would put the Saints 2nd and the Colts 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

TP -
    Feel free to throw the colts to #4.  They struggled as a team against a rising Jacksonville team and partially (the O was fairly spectacular) at Miami. 

Because of this, the pats cannot be at #4. 
    * The pats have played 3 at home and 1 away.  They lost away and barely won 2 at home. 
    *  One of their barely wins was against a declining buffalo team who looks much worse than advertised. 
    *  The other barely win was against a Ravens team who has beaten Clev and KC at home and was lucky to get a win over another declining team SD.  The jury is still out on this team. 

There is no way the Jets are 9.  Their only loss is to an undefeated team and they've beaten the pats.

I'll go:
    NO
    NYG
    MIN
    IND
    NYJ

NE
    PHI
    DEN
    SF

Jets are without question the best one loss team. 

The four after could go in any combination.  They all deserve to be where they are and until this Sunday, I am not willing to elevate Denver.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInGlendaleAZ. Show PatsFanInGlendaleAZ's posts

Looks really good. Great team comments that justify the rankings!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Paul_K,

You're right his rankings are more accurate. The people making the rankings are afraid to rank a 3-1 team ahead of a 4-0 team.

I still say it's only a matter of time before Farve emplodes and throw 3-4 picks in a big game costing the vikings a win. I just don't think he can be a disiplined game manager for entire season. He will revert back to the gun slinger. The question is when?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

refresh my memory:
    has Farve ever had someone like Peterson with him?
    we expect him to start throwing ints anyday, but teams are sooo worried about the run that his receivers are not double/triple covered often.
    i'm not sure we'll see the same bad throws we've seen from him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings?:
    [QUOTE]Paul_K , You're right his rankings are more accurate. The people making the rankings are afraid to rank a 3-1 team ahead of a 4-0 team. I still say it's only a matter of time before Farve emplodes and throw 3-4 picks in a big game costing the vikings a win. I just don't think he can be a disiplined game manager for entire season. He will revert back to the gun slinger. The question is when?
    Posted by kman2004[/QUOTE]

Paul:

I don't think that the gunslinger thing will be Brett's downfall. My guess is that his 40 year old arm will gradually wear down as the season progresses...just like last year with the Jets. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]You have the Patriots ahead of most national pundits' power rankings.  They average sixth or seventh, and one #10.  In my opinion you're closer to right and they're off.  I think we have a replay of earlier years when we all knew the Patriots were better than the national media thought they were. I'm a big believer in the score after three quarters -- the fourth quarter with its prevent defense is a random number generator.

RESPONSE: Interesting theory, Paul.

The Patriots' two worst games were early, barely surviving a lousy Buffalo team at home (a horrid, losing effort from my third quarter viewpoint), and not too bad a loss (10-13 after 3 quarters) to a good Jets team away after a short week of prep, where the Jets' coach pointedly called out the Pats as early as last May.  Then they got ahead of Atlanta by 16 points.  In the fourth quarter Atlanta tried to beat the prevent but folded early.  Atlanta, for its part, got way ahead of Miami and Carolina in three quarters, so Atlanta is at least good at beating the bunny teams down.  I have no evidence that Atlanta is a bad team.  Nice reputation from last year. Next, they went ahead of 3-0 Baltimore by 10 points, and Baltimore inherited an excellent reputation from last year.  Baltimore took pretty good advantage of the Patriots' prevent up until Baltimore's beat-the-prevent plan failed.  The prevent is played for a reason -- statistically it usually wins, but it doesn't tend to run up the score.

RESPONSE: Would be interesting to research this, and see if you are right. 

I think that Baltimore's whining about good referee calls is a gimmick, working the refs for next game advantages, a favorite NFL pasttime.

RESPONSE: The Ravens whining over the officiating was ridiculous. They had two roughing the passer penalties, and the Pats had one. Having watched the call made on Suggs when he clearly dove towards Bradys' knees...he has a lot of nerve mouthing off. Looked to me like the typical Raven thuggery/intimidation that the purple shirts are well known for.

As a side effect it influences pundits and it keeps upper management off of the coach's back. 

RESPONSE: Somewhat correct...but the real reason for it is for Harbaugh to give his team an "us against them" mentality...and to influence the refs to back off on roughing calls against his team in the future. It was an absolute joke that the league, a/k/a Jets Goodell, didn't fine Ray Lewis and the other Raven whiners. How can Goodell now justify fining anyone else for criticizing his refs?  

However, if Baltimore had not schemed to attack Brady with a vengeance, how could Baltimore have won the game?  So, the team schemed to hit Brady in the knee with a shoulder pad and to poke him in the eye if possible, but with not enough provocation for a penalty.  A tentative Brady was Baltimore's best shot.  The attacks failed.  Happens.

RESPONSE: The Ravens' defense is overrated. Its' greatest weakness is the secondary. The Ravens didn't blitz much in order to help the secondary in coverage...and to prevent the big play. 

We'll see the Ravens in Foxboro in January.

RESPONSE: You really think so? The way things look right now, the Colts will finish no worse than 14-2...and have a chance to finish undefeated. Check their schedule. Their division is much weaker than expected, with the apparent demise of the Titans. The way they're playing, aside from the Pats, who really has a shot of beating them? That said, I see the #2 seed going to the Patriots, provided that they beat the Jets in Foxboro...as I expect they will. I still like the Steelers to beat out the Ravens in the AFC North.

I conclude that the Patriots' huge group of 2008 injured reserve players (notably Brady), 11 free agents and 4 hot draft picks were not jelling in week 1, were jelling the last two weeks against two good and better teams, and will be a little better next week.  I see a deep, injury-resistant pool of talent across the board and expect big things overall from the team by December.

RESPONSE: Agreed. But, the Pats must find a good 3rd WR to bring their offense up to "Deathstar" levels...which will be necessary to beat teams like Indy. 

My power ranking is all about next week, not about four weeks ago, not even about last Sunday.  For this reason I'm not willing to put next week's Patriots in back of anyone.  I expect Tom Brady to gradually approach his previous death star stature, with the usual cast plus Edelman (and former first roundish prospect Brandon Tate after the bye week).

RESPONSE: Lets' hope that Tate is ready to contribute. But, due to the severity of his past injury and his inactivity, that seems like a long shot. I'd love to see Terrence Nunn get a shot at the job. The other route would be via trade. The Patriots have the draft choices to make it happen. 

Peyton Manning is singlehandedly holding a talentless club together with awesome talent, but the high-powered Patriots' new defense will jell well by that meeting.

RESPONSE: The Colts "a talentless club"? Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, and an excellent yound secondary and WR corp....talentless??? You've lost me here.

I expect the Saints to play about as well as Baltimore did at Foxboro.

RESPONSE: That game will be played in New Orleans. The Saints have a better team than the Ravens. They've shredded Philly on the road, and beat the Jets soundly at home.

The Giants were able to blitz Tom Brady at the Super Bowl because of multiple O-line injuries that don't exist right now.

RESPONSE: Really? 

That's why I give the Patriots a #1 power ranking in the NFL.  They're going to beat down a lot of good teams, and at this point they'll tear the bad ones up like a chew toy in a dog's jaws. 

RESPONSE: I like your optimism...but, right now, I think the Giants, Indy, and New Orleans are better. But, as you correctly point out, that could change.  

Oh, and the new-look New Jersey Jets will no longer be unfamiliar at the second game in Foxboro.  Remember how badly Miami went down the second time the Patriots played them last year?

RESPONSE: Agreed. 

Don't forget Miami's Baltimore-like whining and tough-guy cheap shots at the end. The only question is when the various national pundits have to concede something they don't want to hear.

RESPONSE: If the Pats can run the guantlet by beating the Broncos this week in Denver, the Colts in Indy, handle the Jets at home, and get by the Saints in New Orleans...I'll be greatly impressed...as will the national media. They'll earn the #1 power slot if they can do that.

Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Peyton Manning is singlehandedly holding a talentless club together with awesome talent, but the high-powered Patriots' new defense will jell well by that meeting...  posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I would call the colts talentless, but I am interested in how you see them that way.  Can you elaborate on this a bit?  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't know how the Saints aren't #1 on most sites? 
    The Giants are 4-0 but against who? Skins, Boys, Bucs, Hawks??? The Dallas game is tough and I know three were on the road but still?
    Indy's had a fairly easy go of it themselves. The Jags, Fins, Cards and Hawks bookending home games. I think they're good and PM is playing well but #2?

I think it's too early right now for this. The teams haven't had time to show their true colors yet and that means in both directions.

Look at Denver, they have the Pats, San Diego and Pittsburgh the next three weeks, they could easily be 5-3 by 11/9 and right back to true form.

This is good when you get to mid season and you can really break it down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings?:
    [QUOTE]     After four games, heres' my Power Ratings: 1.) NY Giants:  The most balanced club in all phases at this point in the season; 2.) Indianapolis Colts:  It kills me to say this...but I've never seen Peyton Manning play as well as he has over the past three games. He has made rookie WRs like Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon look like Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. Their defense will get much better when Bob Sanders returns. 3.) New Orleans Saints:  Another team thats' shown great balance. Drew Brees could threaten Tom Brady's 50 TD passes record; 4.) New England Patriots:  Still a work in progress, but seemingly getting better with each game; 5.) Minnesota Vikings
       Thoughts?      
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

1. Giants
    2. Colts
    3. Vikings
    4. New Orleans
    5. Jets/Pats/Denver
    6-32. And the rest

Giants and Colts would both clean our clocks right now.
    Vikings and New Orleans would both beat NE handily right now.
    Jets and Denver on par with NE.
    Everyone else not as good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings? : 1. Giants 2. Colts 3. Vikings 4. New Orleans 5. Jets/Pats/Denver 6-32. And the rest Giants and Colts would both clean our clocks right now. Vikings and New Orleans would both beat NE handily right now. Jets and Denver on par with NE. Everyone else not as good.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron[/QUOTE]

A photo of fictional undercover detective Neal Washington. Obviously, you're a Hill Street Blues fan, Fantasy. That was a great show. Kind of interesting to compare and contrast Hill Street with Kojak (which came before it), NYPD Blue (after it), and current shows, Law and Order/CSI Miami.

As for your picks...I doubt that the Vikes or Saints would "beat the Pats handily", if they met. The Pats surely would give either team a tough game...and would likely be favored (if they were playing at home). 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know how the Saints aren't #1 on most sites?  The Giants are 4-0 but against who? Skins, Boys, Bucs, Hawks??? The Dallas game is tough and I know three were on the road but still? Indy's had a fairly easy go of it themselves. The Jags, Fins, Cards and Hawks bookending home games. I think they're good and PM is playing well but #2? I think it's too early right now for this. The teams haven't had time to show their true colors yet and that means in both directions. Look at Denver, they have the Pats, San Diego and Pittsburgh the next three weeks, they could easily be 5-3 by 11/9 and right back to true form. This is good when you get to mid season and you can really break it down.  
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    I'd agree.  And I think all or most of these undefeated teams either have glaring flaws or questions.  The one with the fewest questions, I think is NO.  I also think maybe next (at this time) is MIN. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

TP - Feel free to throw the colts to #4.  They struggled as a team against a rising Jacksonville team and partially (the O was fairly spectacular) at Miami.  Because of this, the pats cannot be at #4.  * The pats have played 3 at home and 1 away.  They lost away and barely won 2 at home.  *  One of their barely wins was against a declining buffalo team who looks much worse than advertised.  *  The other barely win was against a Ravens team who has beaten Clev and KC at home and was lucky to get a win over another declining team SD.  The jury is still out on this team.  There is no way the Jets are 9.  Their only loss is to an undefeated team and they've beaten the pats. I'll go: NO NYG MIN IND NYJ NE PHI DEN SF Jets are without question the best one loss team.  The four after could go in any combination.  They all deserve to be where they are and until this Sunday, I am not willing to elevate Denver.
    Posted by underdogg

Jets are 2-1 against undefeated teams....

Pats are 3-1 against undefeated teams....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I find it too hard to pick a top ten in the NFL this early in the season. What I will do is give you a top 6 from each conference though, division winners and wildcards.

NFC
    1. Vikes-Having a QB makes this team very dangerous. Jared Allen IS a monster.
    2. Giants-Loss of Burress doesn't look so bad. Defense doesn't look as good as Minny's right now.
    3. Saints-Brees can light it up yes, but how good is that Defense really?
    4. 49ers-Singletary has them playing tough defense and a run first offense. Looks like the Vikings before they got Farve, only they are in the NFC West (worst division in NFL).
    5. Eagles-Playing well right now without McNabb and Westbrook. Could be scary good with them.
    6. Falcons-Edge out the Bears because Urlacher is gone for the season and Cutler is doing what I thought he would do, leading his team to an 8-8 record.

AFC
    1. Steelers-Defense is a completely different D without Polomalu, will be lights out when he gets back. Big Ben is better than Flacco and has better receivers.
    2. Patriots-Yes they lost to the Jests, but it looks like the Pats are getting better on O and D each week and Rex Ryan`s tendencies will be exposed over the next few.
    3. Colts-Dungy leaving was the best thing for this team. Peyton is Peyton still, but they are much bigger up front on the Defensive side of the ball. This means tougher to run against which means keeping Manning on the sidelines is tougher.
    4. Broncos-SD is on the decline and with the loss of NT Jamal Williams they cannot stop anybody. This is how McDaniels crew takes the division this year.
    5. Ravens-I know its tough to put Steelers ahead of them right now but the loss of Rex Ryan, Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard will catch up with them.
    6. Jets-Edge out the declining Chargers who cannot stop the run or the pass on the defensive side of the ball.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE][QUOTE]Paul_K , You're right his rankings are more accurate. . . . "Farve"[sic] . . .[/QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings? :      Paul:      I don't think that the gunslinger thing will be Brett's downfall. My guess is that his 40 year old arm will gradually wear down as the season progresses...just like last year with the Jets. 

Did I say Brett now?  You mean that guy in the movie "There's Something About Mary?"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings? : Jets are 2-1 against undefeated teams.... Pats are 3-1 against undefeated teams....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

What is your point? 

You are not suggesting that the pats are better than the Jets given the results of their head to head match up, are you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

FANDOM IS IN FULL SWING IN THIS THREAD. 

HEAD TO HEAD MATCH UPS GAMES DON'T MATTER HERE. 

CAN THOSE WHO PLACED THE PATS AHEAD OF THE JETS OR ANY CURRENTLY UNDEFEATED TEAM OTHER THAN DENVER PLEASE TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR REASONS SAID PLACEMENT IN ORDER TO PROVE THEIR DECISION IS ANYTHING BUT FANDOM?  

I'LL AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE.  THANK YOU. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where Do Pats Fall in Power Ratings? :      A photo of fictional undercover detective Neal Washington. Obviously, you're a Hill Street Blues fan, Fantasy. That was a great show. Kind of interesting to compare and contrast Hill Street with Kojak (which came before it), NYPD Blue (after it), and current shows, Law and Order/CSI Miami.      As for your picks...I doubt that the Vikes or Saints would "beat the Pats handily", if they met. The Pats surely would give either team a tough game...and would likely be favored (if they were playing at home). 

Thanks for the Hill Street Blues reference but I'm not that cool or inspired. Its actually Dolemite the killer pimpp aka Rudy Ray Moore. He's an incredibly funny bad-taste blaxploitation hero.

I hope you're right about the Pats and their progress but I don't think they're ready yet for the top flight teams. I like where they're at in the schedule with tough, challenging games but winnable ones. After the bye; Miami, Colts, Jets, Saints, Miami is a brutal schedule.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]FANDOM IS IN FULL SWING IN THIS THREAD.  HEAD TO HEAD MATCH UPS GAMES DON'T MATTER HERE.  CAN THOSE WHO PLACED THE PATS AHEAD OF THE JETS OR ANY CURRENTLY UNDEFEATED TEAM OTHER THAN DENVER PLEASE TRY TO JUSTIFY THEIR REASONS SAID PLACEMENT IN ORDER TO PROVE THEIR DECISION IS ANYTHING BUT FANDOM?   I'LL AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE.  THANK YOU. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

When I originally responeded to this thread I didn't give my "power rankings" because it is too early to tell. I did however give my division and wildcard winners. I put the Pats as AFC east champs and Jets as the second wildcard team in the AFC. I believe the Pats will finish with a better record and are a better team than the Jets. My reasoning is fairly simple. Brady is still not Brady yet, and I believe he will be in a few weeks. The Pats D seems to be getting better and Jerod Mayo will be back in a week or two as he is practicing for the 3rd straight day I believe. Also Welker is back and looks healthy. As for the Jets, like most new coaches and QBs when they do well early on they seem to take a step back later on before re-emerging. Other coaches get some tape and learn tendencies and whatnot.

Sections
Shortcuts