In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My view has not changed.

Great HC + Great QB + mediocre team = 10% chance to win it all.

Now, if we had to go all year with these lame rookies BB has saddled us with, I might consider degrading the team around Brady below mediocre. But I think when Gronk and DA get back things will improve. Who knows, maybe the clueless GM will actually bring in a veteran to fill the void at WR.

Brady is great, but you have to give him SOMETHING to work with.

You could be 100% correct on the rookies. Only the play over the coming weks will determine where they stand.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not drawing a conclusion. But I'm leaning STRONGLY in the direction of "too dumb to succeed".

[/QUOTE]

We shall see.

This is a serious question what do you need to see over the course of the year to determine whether the rookies are not busts?

[/QUOTE]

There is nothing that the rookies can do to apease him. If they aren't all world pro-bowlers and voted to the hall of fame by thanksgiving, they are busts.

Matter of fact there isn't a single non-bust on the Pats except maybe TB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Where do you stand?

In response to 123six's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

Like to add I support my team like the other 7.5% of the posters here on BDC.  

Your post strongly implies that if a poster criticizes BB and/or the players, they are not supporting the team. Should these posters refrain from any type of criticism ?  I maintain that some of the best posters on this board ( ie. MTHURL, TP, T-CAL AND BABE ) are often critical of BB and select players for good reason. And my guess is they support the PATS at least as much as anyone else.  

Speaking exclusively for myself there appear to be a number of posters on this board who express criticism of the coach/GM and/or the players but do so in an evenhanded way.  In that sense, I think a poster can be critical while remaining optimistic about the team's prospects.  On the other hand, there are those whose default position appears to be both critical and negative.  It should go without saying, again in my opinion, that there's room for posters in this forum from all points of view.  That said, it is the latter group who seem to go negative regardless the scenario that become tedious after awhile.

Just a few random thoughts apropos your point.

I only support the Pats when they win...and I only criticize them when they win by less than 10 pts     :-0

[/QUOTE]

I guess you didn't support them very much in 2001 then, nor in any of their superbowls!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

They're young...these receivers need reps, as many as possible...

The only guys I have ever seen that were as bad as these guys have been early, have been busts. Maybe these guys will be exceptions. I doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Anyway, the rookies will be fine. They're open, they'll catch the ball when they relax a little.

Really? Most guys this terrible after two games are busts. These kids are clueless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

Anyway, the rookies will be fine. They're open, they'll catch the ball when they relax a little.

Really? Most guys this terrible after two games are busts. These kids are clueless.

[/QUOTE]

Using that logic Gronk should have been cut.

1st 2 games

2 for 15 1td

All of a sudden that 1st year right around game 8 his numbers started to improve.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

1st 2 games

2 for 15 1td

All of a sudden that 1st year right around game 8 his numbers started to improve.

+1

Let's see how the season plays out. At least for a few more weeks before we enshrine OR ban these guys from Canton. Thompkins and Dobson, Rookies in their 2nd or 1st weeks respectively of action on a short week (with minimal practice between games), with a second half monsoon, in a nationally televised game, against a division rival with extensive media build up and bad blood. Yup no pressure there! They should have both looked like Rice catching passes from Montana.  I see no excuse for such a dismal performance! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The WRs will come into focus.  I was surprised they cut Fells, but Sudfeld is good.  Gronk will return, things will even out and the offense will start clicking.  Defense looks fairly good and will get better.  I think they will lose 2 games before thanksgiving, 1 or maybe 2 after, end up the 2 seed.  Get to play Denver for the ticket to the big dance.  Denver does scare me a bit.  That defense will have to jell by then and if they do, Pickton Wrong MANning will be tossing them the Patriot victory.  Then the 49ers or Seahawks or Pack.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Actually, using his logic, Brady never should have been given a chance in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

1st 2 games

2 for 15 1td

[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1st 2 games

2 for 15 1td

[/QUOTE]

you gotta understand.  we love to eat our young on this blog lol lol lol

and when we get done with them , we chew on the coach, and then the GM, but if that isn't enough. the  soup of the day is Brady and for desert its our strong safety. And that is when we win!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

This has to be just some schtick you like to use to shake people up, right?  I mean you don't really think this way, do you?  Granted, over all of the years I have been reading posts here, you have been very consistent in your negativity.  Maybe, it really is how you think. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

This has to be just some schtick you like to use to shake people up, right?  I mean you don't really think this way, do you?  Granted, over all of the years I have been reading posts here, you have been very consistent in your negativity.  Maybe, it really is how you think. 

It's no schtick, this is how he thinks! First thing I ever read from him was how bad BB was as a coach and GM. And that was something like four or five years ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's no schtick, this is how he thinks! First thing I ever read from him was how bad BB was as a coach and GM. And that was something like four or five years ago.

[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I don't doubt that you are right.  I've always thought that it must be hard to live in such a negative and absolute existence. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I'll make it short--Not trying to be a Debbiie Downer but....10-6--Team jells late season --Defense is improved--Pats lose in 2nd round of playoffs--will not get a Bye this year--next year SB # 4 for Brady--JMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I'll make it short--Not trying to be a Debbiie Downer but....10-6--Team jells late season --Defense is improved--Pats lose in 2nd round of playoffs--will not get a Bye this year--next year SB # 4 for Brady--JMO.

Well, I can't say that isn't a reasonable guess.  Experience tells us, however, that no one has the slightest idea of what will actually happen.  All we have to do is look at 2001 as a prime example.  Who on Earth would have guessed that the Patriots would, not only make it to the Super Bowl, but actually win the thing?  So, you might be right, but I think that there is also a strong possibility that you're not.  I'll happily sit back and see what happens. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I stand in support of BB's decision to young with the WRs.

Everybody knows when TB took over the team, he wasn't lighting up the scoreborad on a weekly basis, andwas making mistakes. The defense got the team to the SB, his first year he was pretty much a game manager, not the superstar QB machine he turned into down the road.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, I can't say that isn't a reasonable guess.  Experience tells us, however, that no one has the slightest idea of what will actually happen.  All we have to do is look at 2001 as a prime example.  Who on Earth would have guessed that the Patriots would, not only make it to the Super Bowl, but actually win the thing?  So, you might be right, but I think that there is also a strong possibility that you're not.  I'll happily sit back and see what happens. 

[/QUOTE]

thanks for being open and objective and I want Brady and the Pats to get #4 SB-Heck I grew up 2 miles from Fenway Park!

Sections
Shortcuts