Where does Flacco rank?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Where does Flacco rank?

With all the talk about Flacco's upcoming contract, which of the listed QB's below do you think he is better than?

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

If you feel I left a name off who is better then Flacco, please add. I just don't think the guy is worth that money. Of course not many qb's are (Sanchez). Sadly with a weak qb draft/FA he might actually get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Where does Flacco rank?

I would also like to add that I think Luck and RG3 will pass him soon

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I would take Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Ryan and Big Ben over Flacco.  Flacco is a pretty good QB, but his performance this postseason is obscuring the fact that he's just been okay over the course of his career. Good QB, but not worth the payday it is rumored he is asking for.  He'll get it though simply because QB is such an important position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Homecheese's comment:

With all the talk about Flacco's upcoming contract, which of the listed QB's below do you think he is better than?

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

If you feel I left a name off who is better then Flacco, please add. I just don't think the guy is worth that money. Of course not many qb's are (Sanchez). Sadly with a weak qb draft/FA he might actually get it.

Tier 1-Rodgers/Brady/Brees

Tier 2-Rothlsberger/Peyton/Eli/Ryan

Tier3-Flacco, Luck, Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Palmer, Rivers

Tier4-Newton, RG3, Freeman, Schaub

Tier5-Dalton, Bradford, Ponder, Cassell

Tier 6-everyone else

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Good stuff guys! I agree on Rivers, with a new coach and fresh start I say he bounces back into the top 10. To me Flacco is 8-10th. If he wins on Sunday, maybe 7th because 6 of the listed have rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Flacco's post season success seems to be the most common measure the talking heads are using to elevate him into the "possible" elite category.  He is one of those anomolies as a QB in that his regular season stuff is around the above average range.  If he can put both regular season and post seasons together, it would be something.  Peyton Manning has GREAT regular season stats, but, is dreadful in the post season, yet he is "elite".  Brady combines both over his career.  Flacco has pedestrian regular season stats but glows in the post season.  Granted, he does have a defense behind him these last few years that help.  He has not had to lead his team to wins, necessarily, like Manning and Brady have to in order to oversome poor defenses.  There is no doubt he is a good QB and like Eli, it appears post season success has overcome relatively above average regular season success.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

Solid list. I would take Russel Wilson over him no doubt and obviously Luck. While RG3 is incredible, he will have a very short career. Flacco should command top ten money. If he thinks he will get anywhere near 20 million per year he is dreaming. It's almost worth seeing Baltimore win to inflate that price a little bit....nah, on second thought GO NINERS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Flacco's post season success seems to be the most common measure the talking heads are using to elevate him into the "possible" elite category.  He is one of those anomolies as a QB in that his regular season stuff is around the above average range.  If he can put both regular season and post seasons together, it would be something.  Peyton Manning has GREAT regular season stats, but, is dreadful in the post season, yet he is "elite".  Brady combines both over his career.  Flacco has pedestrian regular season stats but glows in the post season.  Granted, he does have a defense behind him these last few years that help.  He has not had to lead his team to wins, necessarily, like Manning and Brady have to in order to oversome poor defenses.  There is no doubt he is a good QB and like Eli, it appears post season success has overcome relatively above average regular season success.

Pretty much agree.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rock....  regarding Peyton, I did not imply he is "not" elite.  Just making the point he has great regular season stats, he does have a SB ring, I understand.  But, they are foisting Flacco on us for his post season success while his regular season success is pedestrian.  Now, with this possible SB win, he is in the same class as Manning?  I highly doubt it as his resume needs some padding!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought this was the year PManning fell dwn to the 2nd tier due to arm strength and playoff loss. Next year could be TB in that tier 2.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

He's actually improved every year. 

I don't agree he was pretty bad last year.

[QUOTE]

I also think they're in trouble in upcoming years from a cap perspective and continuity on D, which will show us how good he really is.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[QUOTE]

I could never understand why people thought he was overrated or bad before. He's kind of the QB you're looking for. Good, steady progression from the rookie year on and trendin UP, not a flash in the pan or a small window only to falter.

We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

He wasn't overrated before.  I am saying his postseason performance is causing him to be overrated now.  No one has ever said he's bad, but he is trying to and probably will get paid like a top 5 or higher QB and people are talking like it is justified.  He is pretty good and is great at times, but he hasn't displayed the consistency that would warrant that kind of payday or ranking to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Rusty, no disrespect but that is something I would like to see:  you mediating an ESPN talking head panel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

Based on exactly what?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

Based on exactly what?

If you were a coach, which QB's would you want over Flacco? However you want to rank them

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

Based on exactly what?

If you were a coach, which QB's would you want over Flacco? However you want to rank them

Got it...

Hmmmmm...I don't think he's better than anyone on that list....what has he won?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd put him around tenth place. I'd put Manning, Brees, Brady, Rogers, Rivers, Rothlisburgher, Luck, Eli, Griffin and maybe Ryan ahead of him. Now saying that, I do think at times he creeps into the 5-7 range, but then he goes through stretches where he doesn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

T. Brady

A. Rodgers

D. Brees

P. Manning

E. Manning

M. Ryan

M. Schaub

B. Rapistberger

None

Sections
Shortcuts