Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?

Although it is very unlikely, I can not help but think that the both the Cowboys and Jets will be interested in Manning this offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

Re: Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?

#1-- its never going to happen
    #2-- You couldn't pay anyone who frequents these rooms a million dollars to talk about Peyton Manning in a positive way!  They are so lost in their loathing of him, the idea of him NOT in Indy is befuddling.
    #3-- In the magical world of make-believe, Manning would go to the highest bidder who had the best chance of winning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I would love for PM to go to the NFC. That way the Pats can beat him in the SB..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nemeses. Show Nemeses's posts

Hes going to realize that its not all about the money and decide his best bet for more rings is to play back up for Tom Brady, DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?:
    #1-- its never going to happen #2-- You couldn't pay anyone who frequents these rooms a million dollars to talk about Peyton Manning in a positive way!  They are so lost in their loathing of him, the idea of him NOT in Indy is befuddling. #3-- In the magical world of make-believe, Manning would go to the highest bidder who had the best chance of winning.
    Posted by LatenightOwl

Manning will play for the Vikings next season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

answer the yikes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

The Vikes would instantly become the NFC favorite to go to the SB. Great running game and big time receivers. Defense is stout. With PM under center they would be a force..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

maybe the cards

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Vikings. Dome, great defense, stub RB, good offensive line, easier path to the Super Bowl with no Brady/Belichick in his way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think he will leave Indy.

But, if he did, possible destinations include the Vikes, Cardinals. I don't think dallas will pursue him due to Romo's crazy contract unless they trade Romo to the Vikes or Cardinals. And, I don't think he plays for the Jets as they don't have any room to sign him unless they dump a few players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I don't think he will leave Indy. But, if he did, possible destinations include the Vikes, Cardinals. I don't think dallas will pursue him due to Romo's crazy contract unless they trade Romo to the Vikes or Cardinals. And, I don't think he plays for the Jets as they don't have any room to sign him unless they dump a few players.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Plus he'd never play outdoors in New York. I also don't think he could handle the New York media. In places like Minnesota and Indy, he's sort of tucked away and protected but in New York, they'd abuse him with his playoff back-breaking turnovers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I would love for PM to go to the NFC. That way the Pats can beat him in the SB..

Only if he could find a couple NFC playoff teams to lay down for him in the playoffs the way KC and Baltimore did!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Put Peyton Manning behind that turnstyle offensive line in Minnesota and he'll be dead in a week.

Wait . . .

never mind.

Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Peyton is not going anywhere, and I don't think the Colts would be that stupid to let him go...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?:
    Although it is very unlikely, I can not help but think that the both the Cowboys and Jets will be interested in Manning this offseason.
    Posted by carbonflow

Uh, that would be with the NY Yankmees....  they HATE being outbid for anything, especially after this offseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Peyton is not going anywhere, and I don't think the Colts would be that stupid to let him go...
    Posted by tredawnt

Manning doesn't have many years left.  The Colts are due for a rebuild.  The Vikes could use their entire draft on O-line.  Manning gets a ring or two maybe.  Colts start from the ground up, and don't have to tie up a 3rd of their cap on an ebbing superstar QB. 

I will have new respect for Manning if he goes to the Vikes on a cap friendly 3 yr deal.  He doesn't need money.  He needs jewelry and respect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I would love for PM to go to the NFC. That way the Pats can beat him in the SB.. Only if he could find a couple NFC playoff teams to lay down for him in the playoffs the way KC and Baltimore did!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Yes Yes - when Manning wins, teams lay down for him, but when Brady wins teams always put up their best fight, right?  That and Obama is a card carrying member of the Christian Coalition of America.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Maybe he'll go to the Giants so his father can save money on attending games for two diffrent teams. That would be funny too if he went there to beat out his brother. Eli would turn into Jan Brady- Marsha Marsha Marsha!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by justme2
    I would love to see him sign with the Jets so that we could pound him twice a year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I would love for PM to go to the NFC. That way the Pats can beat him in the SB.. Only if he could find a couple NFC playoff teams to lay down for him in the playoffs the way KC and Baltimore did!
    Posted by bubthegrub2

To be fair bub, I don't know that these teams laid down so much as they were simply terrible . . .  in much the way the Chicago Bears were terrible that season.

How the hell did so many anemic teams make the playoffs that season?

Must have been some kind of wierd Horseshoe Harmonic Convergence, eh?

Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy?:
    Posted by carbonflow

I do not believe that Manning will play for any team besides the Colts.  However, if the situation arrose- from a negotiation standpoint -would the jets have any payroll flexibility for the future to make a move like this?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Where does Peyton play next year if he leaves Indy? : I do not believe that Manning will play for any team besides the Colts.  However, if the situation arrose- from a negotiation standpoint -would the jets have any payroll flexibility for the future to make a move like this?
    Posted by BTownExpress

Nope, I think they're already over if there was a cap, which there will be after this season. Plus, they have so many needs to take care of on their own team. And most importantly, Peyton would never play outdoors in New York. Not at this point in his career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tredawnt. Show tredawnt's posts

Why can't I use the quote box? Can someone please help?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Tennesee you start there you finish there
    Vikes good RB good receivers Dome, but you play GB and chicago in the cold 2X
    Dallas. Jones would give him brinks truck. you get to beat up your brother at least 2X a year.
    AZ good receiver and almost guranteed division title. perpetual playoffs. theres
    San Fran as well.

I personally think that Manning is a standup team loyal guy and will retire a Colt. like Manning said "a 3 week slump in 8 and a half years isnt that bad"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

When Moss got traded to the Vikes I thought -- there's Peyton's next team.
    I strongly suspect that Peyton will not resign with the Colts.  Just a hunch.  He's too smart.  Maybe for his own good.
    Minn still might work for him. Would he be interested in throwing to Randy?
    Would any team?
    What about San Fran?

Sections
Shortcuts