where does RAY LEWIS rate all-time, what's his legacy? could we JUNIOR SEAU him?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: where does RAY LEWIS rate all-time, what's his legacy? could we JUNIOR SEAU him?

Ray Lewis is definitely in the Pantheon for not only one of the greatest LBs of all time, but, one of the greatest players of all times due to his motivational and leadership skills.  I have lived here in the Baltimore area throughout his career.  I, somewhat, have considered his pre-game routine "dance" a bit over the top, but, if that is what he likes to do to motivate himself and the team, more power to him!  I am certain it was a difficult decision for him to make since any pro athlete does not like to admit they are long in tooth and ready for retirement.  Even though his skills may be diminished somewhat, he probably is still better than most starting LBs out there.  When you can't play to the level you expect yourself to play, why frustrate yourself in trying.  That is where he may feel he is at.  Go out on top and not a player who tried too long like some famous ones, sadly, tried to do. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: where does RAY LEWIS rate all-time, what's his legacy? could we JUNIOR SEAU him?

We don't need a murderer.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Yes, I'm a moron because I called a reformed murderer a murderer. I don't care if he got away with it, but that was as obvious as the OJ case. He can call Pagano as much as he pleases, but in my book he killed somebody, and anyone who murders another person is scum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to magicalhobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a REFORMED murderer moron.. the man is one of the most decent out there.. across racial lines he's there for everyone even on opposing teams.. he called chuck pagano almost everyday for instance during his cancer fight. did the same with peyton(not everday).. he's always available.. besides, bb likes DIVERSITY... we dont have any ex-mureders on the roster now that stalls is on the IR..

[/QUOTE]

Is there a difference?? A Murderer is a Murderer in my book.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Should go down in history as one of the greatest!  He was extra special... Great Football player and Got away with murder!!  Only the greatest can do that!

Signed,

OJ Simpson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a REFORMED murderer moron.. the man is one of the most decent out there.. across racial lines he's there for everyone even on opposing teams.. he called chuck pagano almost everyday for instance during his cancer fight. did the same with peyton(not everday).. he's always available.. besides, bb likes DIVERSITY... we dont have any ex-mureders on the roster now that stalls is on the IR..

[/QUOTE]

Is there a difference?? A Murderer is a Murderer in my book.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah there are differences. Just my opinion here, but John Wayne Gacy was a few degrees worse than some guy who kills his cheating wife's lover in a jealous rage or a guy who gets in a fight and the other guy dies.  All murderers, but...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Two people dead and nobody charged with the crime.  What the hell  happened?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"a REFORMED murderer moron."

:) 

The facts may never be fully known but I don't personally believe that Ray did commit murder or orchestrate it. However I do think he deserved to do time for whatever his role was.

I was never comfortable with this, were you? " A judge Monday approved a deal allowing Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to avoid murder charges and jail time by pleading guilty to a misdemeanor and testifying against two co-defendants."

Mmm.....not a good thing for Ray. I think he got off light. 

As a football player, he's an all time great, no doubt about it. Not as good as Lawrence Taylor but maybe as good as anyone else in his position group. 

Hopefully Ray did redeem himself off the field, it seems he has done a lot of good in the world but I'm not ready to line up and call him an American hero. 

Nor would I like to see him on the Pats - but I will give you this: Ray does fit into the Junior Seau and to some extent Rodney Harrison mold....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Taylor and Lewis are apples and oranges IMO.  OLB and ILB, and Lawrence might as well have been a DE as much as he dropped into coverage. 

Lewis may be the best Middle Linebacker of all time.  I'm sure somebody will come in and tell us about Worthing McSpringfield winning 17 chamionships in 1874 in a two team league as LBer and QB and NT but for players I can remember seeing in the modern era he's probably the best ILB.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Ray Lewis is a tool.  Would never want to see him in a Pats uni.  He's a player that is easy to hate.  Runs his mouth too much

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Boy, this thread didn't go as expected now did it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Witnessing two kids you just hired stealing is far different than having two friends murder your gf and another person. We obviously aren't going to agree since you will eventually defendRay by citing jay walking charges someone got a few years ago. 

You place a lot of faith on our justice system and I have many reasons not to.I don't want that scum on the Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy, this thread didn't go as expected now did it.

[/QUOTE]Yes, interesting how a positve event turned into some mud slinging which is not relavent to him as a football player!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]

Witnessing two kids you just hired stealing is far different than having two friends murder your gf and another person. We obviously aren't going to agree since you will eventually defendRay by citing jay walking charges someone got a few years ago. 

You place a lot of faith on our justice system and I have many reasons not to.I don't want that scum on the Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

Is there a different murder accusation because the only one I know of had to do with 2 men.  Ray Carruth killed his girlfriend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Butkas, Lambert, Nitzkche, Singletary......its a very short list of ILB/|MLBs that Lewis is on. Very elite company.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Butkas, Lambert, Nitzkche, Singletary......its a very short list of ILB/|MLBs that Lewis is on. Very elite company.

[/QUOTE]
    Edit post
    Yeah, let's talk football. I'd add Willie Lanier to the short list.  Lewis's equal in my view. Guys like Urlacher, Carson, Buoniconti, Zach Thomas are probably a tier below.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Should go down in history as one of the greatest!  He was extra special... Great Football player and Got away with murder!!  Only the greatest can do that!

Signed,

OJ Simpson

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Lewis has said in the past that he never wanted to pull a Favre (or Seau); once his time is up, he'd retire and stay retired.  No chance of him ever playing again.

Not gonna touch the "do we want a suspected murderer playing for us" issue, because it's moot.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a different murder accusation because the only one I know of had to do with 2 men.  Ray Carruth killed his girlfriend.

[/QUOTE]

Now that dude is a scumbag!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe the next discussion could be all time greatest football players/murderer.  Do you have Ray or OJ at the top?

Sections
Shortcuts