Where does this team go from here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Where does this team go from here?

I look at this year's Patriots and I see a lot of talent, but they have problems in way too many key areas.

Pass rush: non-existent
    Playing on the road: can't adjust to new conditions
    Play-calling: Brady is constantly getting to the line late and either rushing to get plays off or taking delay of game penalties
    Kaczur: can't block in the clutch
    3-man rush vs. 5 linemen: the 3-man rush is getting to Brady on a regular basis
    No 3rd receiver: Aiken is way too inconsistent
    Secondary: Butler doesn't sink his hips and fire his feet when the receiver sinks his hips; Bodden doesn't know his zone assignments; teams either run double moves at Butler or flood plays to Bodden's side
    Second Half: They can't put the game away and finish strong
    Red zone: They can't score touchdowns when they get within the opponents' 20-yard line because their offense depends on passing and gimmick runs

There are 4 games left in the season and we're still waiting for this Patriots team to come together.  I'm starting to wonder if it ever will.

I do know this, though - help isn't coming from anywhere else at this point.  In my eyes, it would take a miracle for this Patriots team to find a way to play quality football on a consistent basis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Where does this team go from here?

I don't see the Talent?  Talent wins close games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

7-9 gets a good draft pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Where does this team go from here?:
    [QUOTE]I don't see the Talent?  Talent wins close games.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I think we have different concepts of talent.

To me, talent is athletic ability.  Talent is having two Pro-Bowl receivers, three Pro-Bowl interior linemen (Mankins, Koppen, Neal), a Pro-Bowl nose tackle (Wilfork), defensive end (Warren), and middle linebacker (Mayo) to go along with a future Hall-of-Fame QB in Brady.

Talent is also having a stable of young cornerbacks who can run 4.4s 40-yard dashes, 6.8s cone drills, and jump 40 inches in the air.

They have a TON of talent.

They're finding ways to not get it done, like when Chris Baker calls timeout with Miami's defense confused and nobody covering Welker, or Aiken having a couple balls hit him in the hands, or Brady overthrowing Aiken down the left sideline and Welker in the seam in the 4th quarter.

They have TALENT.  They have the ABILITY to do, but they're not getting it done in key moments.

That would be the difference between the Patriots and a team like the Raiders, who have very little talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Where does this team go from here?:
    [QUOTE]I don't see the Talent?  Talent wins close games.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

The Redskins have talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Coaching is killing us, its that simple. We are rebuilding on D, but SHOULD have an offense that can carry us through it. We refuse to commit to the run, refuse to punt when we should, refuse to take 3 points when we should. We continually put a young defense behind the 8 ball.

How do you solve it? Draft a RB you can hand off to 25 times a game. Look for or hold on to top tier CBs and get a pass rusher. OH YEAH and how about kicking on 4th down, whether it be a FG or a punt, a little better decision making on 4th down wouldn't hurt...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan012. Show Bostonfan012's posts

First of all (although it won't happen) they need to hire Romeo back. Then hire Marty Schotenheimer for some offensive continuity. 
    You can't run the ball on 1st down every time you're up by a single TD, then HAVE to throw on second and long. You don't need to go for 4th and 1 every-time you're in field goal range...UNLESS your team is an offensive power house which it isn't.
    Welker can't do it all either. Forcing the ball underneath and short of the 1st down marker while double covered. Randy should have broken up the pass in the end zone even if he would have been called for PI. If the d-backs aren't going to cover the receivers and leave them wide open in the flat and across the middle then you might as well play 7 linebackers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

We're in a rut and can't catch a break.Hopefully we get the monkey off our back and soon so we can take the division.Brady and Co has ALWAYS had trouble with Denver and Miami. Playing 2 undefeated teams in their domes is a pretty tough situation too and then we lost to the Jets in week two.We were in every game except the NO game.We just need to close our games and none of our players or our coaches have figured out how to do it and stepped up. We've got a good team but we just aren't clicking when it counts. We need to fix it fast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan012. Show Bostonfan012's posts

Hire Romeo back and then get Marty Schotenheimer, admit it isn't working with what you have!

Hire Romeo back.... then hire Marty Schotenheimer, BB must admit it's broke and needs fixing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Back to the drawing board!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Why would we hire Marty?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan012. Show Bostonfan012's posts

Schottenheimer is probably most consistent offensive game planner since "air" coreyel 

Sections
Shortcuts