Where have all the bruschis gone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Where have all the bruschis gone?

I wanted tedi and rodney to retire because i read all the news stories about the old and slow defense. But now it seems that the pats lack the tough and team-oriented players that made the team great.
    Are the pats lacking in the attitude department? Wilfork mayo and mckenzie seem right. but butler and meriweather might as well have "get payed" tatooed on their bicepts. As time passes, it looks more and more like we had a special collection of skilled vets on the team who were all about winning. That it was just not Belichicks genious that was responsible for the teams success.
    With the current crop of players, can we expect the stars to align again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Re: Where have all the bruschis gone?

How can McKenzie look right when he has NEVER seen the field? Dumb thread.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Wondering that myself... as to is there a Bruschi on this team I say yes there is and his name is Brandon Mcgowan...

Before the 2009 opener, Belichick praised McGowan:
    "Brandon's done a good job for us. I thought that he was a good player for Chicago, and had a good career at Maine obviously. But a good career in Chicago but unfortunately missed some time. When he did play he played very well. He's a tough kid, he really is a good contact player with good speed, good range, he's instinctive. He makes plays in the kicking game; he's made plays on defense and both in the running game and in the passing game. Both in this preseason, and he made them with the Bears. So, I think he's a versatile player that brings a good competitive attitude and toughness to our team and to that position along with several other guys we have there, but that's something that we liked, and he's shown all that. I'm glad we have him."
    So... you look at the 79 Tackles and 3 forced fumbeles and those are good numbers for the number of snaps he was in and add to that the intangibles he brings in leadership and I think he is the closest they have in terms of type of person/player.

Brandon's done a good job for us. I thought that he was a good player for Chicago, and had a good career at Maine obviously. But a good career in Chicago but unfortunately missed some time. When he did play he played very well. He's a tough kid, he really is a good contact player with good speed, good range, he's instinctive. He makes plays in the kicking game; he's made plays on defense and both in the running game and in the passing game. Both in this preseason, and he made them with the Bears. So, I think he's a versatile player that brings a good competitive attitude and toughness to our team and to that position along with several other guys we have there, but that's something that we liked, and he's shown all that. I'm glad we have him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

sir pinocchio do you even watch this team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

After one of the Pats tough losses this past yr (maybe Miami, can't remember for sure) it was reported that McGowan and Merriweather were 2 of the guys yukking it up and laughing in the locker room.  Unless he was wrongly identified, he definitely isn't Tedy Bruschi material.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

siesta, yes that was right after the Miami game. We don't know the entire story so you can't ever judge him based on that one incident.

I always wonder if it's winning that builds leaders or if it's leaders that build winners. Remember, Rodney was a hard-hitter but not leadership material before coming to the Patriots. We win three Super Bowls and then he's seen as a guiding light in the locker room. He certainly would not have allowed that laughter after getting torched by Dan Marino...er Chad Henne.

I think the same can be said of Tommy Brady. Maybe people don't listen to him at all if he never wins a title but because he's a three-time champion, people are more inclined to listen to him.

By the way, we're young. Young teams need experience and through experience leaders emerge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Sitting on a sofa
    On a Sunday afternoon,
    Going to the stadium watch the game,
    Laugh about it,
    Shout about it,
    When you've got to choose,
    Every way you look at it, you lose.

Where have you gone, Tedy Bruschi
    A nation turns its lonely eyes to you (Woo woo woo).
    What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson?
    "Full Tilt Full Time" has left and gone away" (Hey hey hey, hey hey hey).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Where have all the bruschis gone?:
    How can McKenzie look right when he has NEVER seen the field? Dumb thread.
    Posted by timsandra

have faith buddy, BB does, that's why he drafted him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

they're there. they just have not emerged. and they will.

on the other hand, the bruschis emerged from the shadows when the two superstars (bledsoe and glenn) were forced off the field. i hope the new bruschis are not waiting for the more established ne heroes to be gone before they emerge.

maybe there are enough new players now that bb could show that movie to reinforce the teamowrk idea. i am talking about that movie about the ship crew that got stuck in some effing cold place.

Sections
Shortcuts