Where is Danny Amendola?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Where is Danny Amendola?

Instead of all the Edelman vs Welker talk, the real discussion should be... Where is Danny Amendola?

He was brought in to replace Welker.  At the time of signing Amendola several people (RUSTY and RALLYC) were posting on this forum that Amendola was going to come in and do so much more then Welker did.  You said he would be a bigger redzone threat, he has 1 td.  You said his injuries were freak injuries and he will be good to go all season.  You  bashed me when I told you no, that wouldn't be the case.  Guess what Rusty and RallyC, you were wrong!  Maybe instead of pretending you know what you are talking about maybe you should listen a bit more.

Last two games Amendola played 68% of snaps vs Broncos and 69% of snaps vs Texans.  TFB put up 344 yards with 34 completions vs the Broncos and Amendola had 3 catches for 17 yards.  Vs the Texans TFB put 371 yards passing with 29 completions and Amendola had 5 catches with 54 yards. 

This season Amendola has 37 total receptions for 412 yards and only 1 td.  Why are the Pats paying him $6 Million? 

Hey RallyC, you said Amendola would be so much better then Welker.  You said Tebow would be here catching passes from TFB at TE.  You said the Patriots would be playing with the "Us vs the World" attitude due to the Hernandez situation.  You made these claims and many more that haven't come true, based on you playing at a "top" level.  You have some explaining to do.

Serious question to all... Going forward do you think Amendola will provide more production then he is now and can he do it week in and week out?  What do you see as his problems for not providing more production? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: Where is Danny Amendola?

They're saving him for the SB.   Everyone else will be a decoy.

What's the significance of "KFC" in the EZ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Really Dude?

We are Pats fan here. We are happy we are winning in a year that we were left for dead and most folks said we couldnt win. Are you happy that we are winning or mad because your binky doesnt play here anymore?

No offense but this is getting very old. I dont need to see Amendola catch a cold as long as the Ws keep coming.  Now Do I think he is overpaid at the moment based on production? maybe but I dont sign the checks so what do I care? The money was gonna be used either way so we have the guy that makes a million doing more for the team....what do I care. I just know after a rough start, our offense is clicking as good at it ever was and is more diverse. We can attack the whole field?  You can join the Wes-less Pats or stay at home hosting your own pity party. Choice is yours bro

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Instead of all the Edelman vs Welker talk, the real discussion should be... Where is Danny Amendola?

He was brought in to replace Welker.  At the time of signing Amendola several people (RUSTY and RALLYC) were posting on this forum that Amendola was going to come in and do so much more then Welker did.  You said he would be a bigger redzone threat, he has 1 td.  You said his injuries were freak injuries and he will be good to go all season.  You  bashed me when I told you no, that wouldn't be the case.  Guess what Rusty and RallyC, you were wrong!  Maybe instead of pretending you know what you are talking about maybe you should listen a bit more.

Last two games Amendola played 68% of snaps vs Broncos and 69% of snaps vs Texans.  TFB put up 344 yards with 34 completions vs the Broncos and Amendola had 3 catches for 17 yards.  Vs the Texans TFB put 371 yards passing with 29 completions and Amendola had 5 catches with 54 yards. 

This season Amendola has 37 total receptions for 412 yards and only 1 td.  Why are the Pats paying him $6 Million? 

Hey RallyC, you said Amendola would be so much better then Welker.  You said Tebow would be here catching passes from TFB at TE.  You said the Patriots would be playing with the "Us vs the World" attitude due to the Hernandez situation.  You made these claims and many more that haven't come true, based on you playing at a "top" level.  You have some explaining to do.

Serious question to all... Going forward do you think Amendola will provide more production then he is now and can he do it week in and week out?  What do you see as his problems for not providing more production? 

Pretty smple.  The guy has still not fully recovered from his groin injury and the team is limiting his use.  The emergence of Edelman makes this even more viable an option (letting him get better) since he is not needed as much at the moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

They're saving him for the SB.   Everyone else will be a decoy.

What's the significance of "KFC" in the EZ?

I hope so.

and LOL!  Those darn advertisers have taken over pro sports.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Really Dude?

We are Pats fan here. We are happy we are winning in a year that we were left for dead and most folks said we couldnt win. Are you happy that we are winning or mad because your binky doesnt play here anymore?

No offense but this is getting very old. I dont need to see Amendola catch a cold as long as the Ws keep coming.  Now Do I think he is overpaid at the moment based on production? maybe but I dont sign the checks so what do I care? The money was gonna be used either way so we have the guy that makes a million doing more for the team....what do I care. I just know after a rough start, our offense is clicking as good at it ever was and is more diverse. We can attack the whole field?  You can join the Wes-less Pats or stay at home hosting your own pity party. Choice is yours bro

This thread is about Amendola, not Welker.  The Pats are a game down from home field advantage for the playoffs.  We need this guy to step up and play.  Do you think he will?  Why do you think he hasn't been productive?  What does he need to do in order to be more productive?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Really Dude?

I have to concur in the point being made by TripleOG.  TFB12, you really are working over a long dead horse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You mean the gut that had 5 catches in the game.  Welker was replaced by Vereen, he's the one making all the drops during critical points in the game.  We only need one choker I guess, so that spots taken. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I don't base his value on his number of receptions alone.  I suspect that most teams spend a good deal of time concerning themselves with him, even on those plays where he doesn't see the ball.  That's all good.  I'm just very happy to see this team get it done.  Who cares who does it or how they do it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:

Pretty smple.  The guy has still not fully recovered from his groin injury and the team is limiting his use.  The emergence of Edelman makes this even more viable an option (letting him get better) since he is not needed as much at the moment.

But I thought his injury was better.  It happened in week 1 and required 6 weeks of rehab.  That he completely tore the adductor longus tendon away from his pubic bone which is actually good news for Amendola.  Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone.” Since Amendola essentially already did that by rupturing his groin two weeks ago, the injury won’t require surgery.

Will he fully recover during the next several weeks?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Five receptions yesterday. Ten yards per.   Is that bad?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Really Dude?

I have to concur in the point being made by TripleOG.  TFB12, you really are working over a long dead horse.

Tfb12 is a phony Pats "fan" from San Fran and a WESSIE man lover who feels abandoned by his man. GO PATRIOTS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

You mean the gut that had 5 catches in the game.  Welker was replaced by Vereen, he's the one making all the drops during critical points in the game.  We only need one choker I guess, so that spots taken. 

You might want to check drops vs drop rate.  Big difference between the two.  Here is some reading info to get up to speed.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/21/signature-stats-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

By asking where Danny Amendola is?  The guy we paid $6 million per season for, the 6th highest paid player on the team this season.  I think it's a fair question.

If you read the OP you would see my questions are... Going forward do you think Amendola will provide more production then he is now and can he do it week in and week out?  What do you see as his problems for not providing more production?  Also more fair questions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Tfb12 is a phony Pats "fan" from San Fran and a WESSIE man lover who feels abandoned by his man. GO PATRIOTS!!!

Good post to try and draw attention away from how wrong you were about Amendola.  Did you say Amendola would come in here and do wonderful things for this team this season? Or was that someone else?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

By asking where Danny Amendola is?  The guy we paid $6 million per season for, the 6th highest paid player on the team this season.  I think it's a fair question.

If you read the OP you would see my questions are... Going forward do you think Amendola will provide more production then he is now and can he do it week in and week out?  What do you see as his problems for not providing more production?  Also more fair questions. 

Respectfully, I'd be more inclined to buy into your sincerity, TFB12, if you hadn't been beating this drum for months; not days, not weeks - months.  

Welker's gone, Amendola's here - yesterday Amendola had 5 catches for 54 yards and some key first downs.  I'm happy with that for now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

at some point we have to put Wes to bed and move on. 

However, bias aside, TFb has a valid point. Forget the messenger for a second and listen to the message. "Where is Danny?"

i hope I am not alone in saying my expectations for Danny given his salary were higher , are higher than his current production prove. I don't know if he is battling injury, or with Gronk and edelmans on fire, he is the 3rd option. Your guess is as good as mine. 

his current production is not jiving also with what we saw in the game against buffalo. He was on fire and caught some very difficult passes. simply looking at that game alone, I would conclude 2 things...first, his skill set is more dynamic than welker and he has the tools to be productive in our system. Second, he was clearly on the same page as Brady. 

What has changes since that game?

gronk has returned, Edelman is picking up steam and the rooks are getting more looks And comfortable in th. System...Danny has also been hurt 2 times. 

Straight up, everything else being equal, I believe Danny has the skill to be prodictive (proven), and does have chemistry with Brady. 

Ismhe a better receiver than welker in our system considering the pieces around him? I would vote yes. He is more dynamic in the open field, can inside our out, short game or long. My guess is that we will see more of him in the weeks to come. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Respectfully, I'd be more inclined to buy into your sincerity, TFB12, if you hadn't been beating this drum for months; not days, not weeks - months.  

Welker's gone, Amendola's here - yesterday Amendola had 5 catches for 54 yards and some key first downs.  I'm happy with that for now.

Why?  It's been an issue for days, weeks, months.  Patriots are paying him $6 Million to produce.  Had he done so then maybe the Pats wouldn't have lost vs the Jets, Bengals, Panthers and the Pats would have home field advantage as of right now.  Another fair point. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Why?  It's been an issue for days, weeks, months.  Patriots are paying him $6 Million to produce.  Had he done so then maybe the Pats wouldn't have lost vs the Jets, Bengals, Panthers and the Pats would have home field advantage as of right now.  Another fair point. 

Yes, but you are assuming those outcomes would be different if Wes was still here. That is hard to say and unprovable 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

at some point we have to put Wes to bed and move on. 

However, bias aside, TFb has a valid point. Forget the messenger for a second and listen to the message. "Where is Danny?"

i hope I am not alone in saying my expectations for Danny given his salary were higher , are higher than his current production prove. I don't know if he is battling injury, or with Gronk and edelmans on fire, he is the 3rd option. Your guess is as good as mine. 

his current production is not jiving also with what we saw in the game against buffalo. He was on fire and caught some very difficult passes. simply looking at that game alone, I would conclude 2 things...first, his skill set is more dynamic than welker and he has the tools to be productive in our system. Second, he was clearly on the same page as Brady. 

What has changes since that game?

gronk has returned, Edelman is picking up steam and the rooks are getting more looks And comfortable in th. System...Danny has also been hurt 2 times. 

Straight up, everything else being equal, I believe Danny has the skill to be prodictive (proven), and does have chemistry with Brady. 

Ismhe a better receiver than welker in our system considering the pieces around him? I would vote yes. He is more dynamic in the open field, can inside our out, short game or long. My guess is that we will see more of him in the weeks to come. 

Thank you and good post.  This thread isn't about who is better, it's about what has happened to DA, and can we expect more out of him.  And yes, I threw a few low blows into Rusty and RallyC  who like to pretend they know it all even though their posts pretty much do the damage anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You're turning into your worst enemy. I like ya, except when you go on your Welker lovefest, butyou're turning into another guy I like who beats a dead horse to death.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Yes, but you are assuming those outcomes would be different if Wes was still here. That is hard to say and unprovable 

They sure couldn't have done any worse, could they?  They barely lost those games, mainly due to TFB not having anyone to throw to in the Jets and Bengals games.  And a few key drops by Edelman and Amendola and wrong route by Edelman at the goal line.  I'm pretty sure Welker would have helped win those games. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I've been saying this for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Amendola is here, Welker left, why must you bad mouth a Patriot for Benedict Arnold?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TFB love ya but you're trolling dude. 

Amendola talk is for the offseason. Unless Edelman gets hurt, then it becomes relevant. 

You're using this in an odd triumphant way as if this is an "I told you so" about replacing Welker. 

Edelman is doing a more than sufficient job of that at present. It doesn't matter who replaces Welker's production as long as someone does. That goes for every position on the field. 

Amendola will be a good offseason topic, save it for then (because it will impact the re-signing of Edelman, etc)

Sections
Shortcuts