Where is our biggest hole now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Where is our biggest hole now?

Before the season started...we thought we needed help at..

1. Offensive line

2. Running back

3. Pass rush

4. Secondary

Now in the back end of the season..where do you think we still have big boles?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Where is our biggest hole now?

1. Pass Rush - need more push from front 4 but like the aggessive calls the last two weeks

2. OL (due to injuries, when healthy this is not an issue)

3. Secondary - we are better but still giving up to many long pass plays

4. Place kicker - maybe this is a long snapper or holder issue and not kicker but kicker gets blamed.

5. Wide Receiver (due to injuries)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This website, it's owned by The New York Times and is inundated with trolls pretending to be Pat's fans and it's highly likely they're paid employees of the NY Times.  

I really wish there were an alternative that wasn't politically correct and you could call somebody out for being a wussy whilst also having an ignore button for the F-tards.

That being said we have no holes but we're thin along the D line and WR.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well the d-line is definitely thin now with the injury to chandler jones and suspension of jermaine cunningham, even though cunningham is like a hybrid linebacker, defensive end. i also think gostkowski hasnt been playing well....noone has really mentioned it because the pats have been blowing teams out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I should have specified D tackle, after Wilfork the talent level drops suddenly...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The secondary remains the biggest concern. But Talib may lend a stabilizing effect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This website, it's owned by The New York Times and is inundated with trolls pretending to be Pat's fans and it's highly likely they're paid employees of the NY Times.  

I really wish there were an alternative that wasn't politically correct and you could call somebody out for being a wussy whilst also having an ignore button for the F-tards.

Make a board.

http://patsfanforum.proboards.com/

Believe me wozzy, this board is not worth them spending any money on to embed employees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm thinking O line. Mankins ain't been right all year. Volmer's back is out again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

pass rush

pass rush

pass rush

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Who's acting like a tough guy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

with current injuries, I'd still say there are problems with the pass rush (jones out), secondary (even with addition of Talib, we beat 2 teams who had poor to mediocre offense and defense), and OL (Mankins and Vollmer out).

No particular order....will probably flip flop places depending on who comes back from injuries...and who we play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Excellent post... Especially the word f-tard.  can I use that or is it copywrited...?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

1. Offensive line

2. Running back

3. Pass rush

4. Secondary

"We"? No "we" did not. I felt the O line was solid (though I expect an interior lineman in the draft or fA next year). And I did not think we would need to draft anyone considering we had Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead - Vereen being the guy I valued the most long term.

Pass rush and secondary yes.... I agree "we" thought we needed it.

Right now the biggest hole is the one caused by Jones being off the field. If you are talking off season it depends on the WR situation, the DB situation - we could still use (another?) very good cover CB, a mate and future successor to Vinny at NT/DT, and another pass rusher from the D line (end or DT though end is usually where you get it).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• 1. Offensive line
    • 2. Running back
    • 3. Pass rush
    • 4. Secondary

------------------------------------------

• With the offensive line the Pats still need some depth at tackle.  Starters are solid.
    • Runningback situation is fixed.
    • Pass rush, there is a need for someone to opposite Jones.
    • The bain of it all...the secondary.  It looks the moves made helped.  Now, it's a wait and see thing.  It still needs some help if this thing works out.  It kills me how inept the Pats are at developing talent here.  It's been way too long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

No serious holes that I can see ... We have the players to win a championship...  Now we focus on gameplanning an coaching to keep these players hungry and dominating on both sides of the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

At the expense of angering Wozy, certainly not holes, but positions that need to be addressed

1) need Dline depth, especially the interior

2) WR speed, size and depth. Branch obviously is not back next year. Edelman and Wes free agents Lloyd, while solid, has not been that big play reciever, and is another year slower next year

3) need Oline size especially at C. Vollmer is soon to be a free agent and there is a big drop off between Vollmer and Cannon if Vollmer is not resigned. Thomas is also a free agent

4) need DB depth. Talib is a free agent. Chung is a free agent. Arrington is regressing imo.

RB is the deepest position on the team. I have zero issues or concerns with Gostkowski.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

BB finds ways to gameplan around players that are not active by plugging in other players to fill in and take care of business. Playing great complimentary football right now seems to be masking any glaring flaws/injuries with the O-line and secondary.

When everyone does their job, the Pats will continue to win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Have Jesse Williams at DT for my Pats 1st rounder in 2013. Imagine what this D would be like with two Wilforks in the 4-3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Madonna was in Medellin, Colombia on Nov. 29, and she will be in Rio on Dec 2.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd have to say defensive line. We are getting basically what Love is capable of, which is not much. Wilfork is used too much and during some games it really shows. Chandler is very good and probably is going to be much more than that. Other than Wilfork and Jones, this line is in desperate need of a big body that can play...they have tried to get one (Fenene, Ellis, Haynesworth), but they all failed miserably. This in my opinion has a lot to do why the secondary struggles so much year after year - and it also is why we lose to good teams in the playoffs. Qb's have too much time to throw and our line backers can't be as good as they are capable with what's in front of them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not too far from the Duke Campus.

Sections
Shortcuts