Where is the athletic freak that was supposed to be Adalius Thomas???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runaway3124. Show runaway3124's posts

Where is the athletic freak that was supposed to be Adalius Thomas???

This year our linebackers have obviously taken a big hit.  Between losing Vrabel, Bruschi, and Mayo for a bit, this would have been a good time for Adalius Thomas to step up and make plays.  So far he has 15 total tackles, 1 sack, and 1 pass defensed.  

The defense in a whole is going through transitions, but other guys like Banta Cain, Mike Wright, and Meriweather are stepping up and making plays.  And this guy is supposed to have more talent than any of them.  He is way underperforming, especially with all the hype that he came here with.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Where is the athletic freak that was supposed to be Adalius Thomas???

I think its safe to say that he was a product of great talent around him in Baltimore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Adalius Thomas is he underperforming? Is that a trick question? Did he play vs. the Donkey's? I rest my case....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

He dose not seem to fit well in Belichik's defense. He was much more productive with the Ravens! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It's the defensive sceme.  His responsibilities have changed.  Because of his speed he's use more in the flats to cover RBs, FBs, TEs and the like.  At times he's been allowed to rush the QB but not often.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

THANK YOU!!! he is invisible

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

When Mayo went out the Pats needed AD in coverage and stuffing the run. Banta Cain seems to be the only one rushing the passer....is Woods lost or is he a real threat as a pass rusher ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Is this news? He has not lived up to his contract since we signed him. This is old news.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Where is the athletic freak that was supposed to be Adalius Thomas???:
    [QUOTE]He dose not seem to fit well in Belichik's defense. He was much more productive with the Ravens! 
    Posted by RonF[/QUOTE]

Let me paraphrase that;

"he was much more productive the year before he got a big fat free agent contract".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We need to remember this when we start wishing the Pats pick up the next big named free agent.  In a purely unscientific wild guess on my part, I think that most big name free agents don't live up to expectations.  For every Jared Allen, there are 10 Adalius Thomas's.  Maybe it's not that bad, maybe it's more like 1 success in 5.  No matter how you cut it, it's not worth handcuffing the franchise considering how seldom these guys really truly make a big impact.  The operative word here is "impact".  Guys often end up playing decent, but few end up being impact players.

Remember, this is my unscientific wild guess.  I'm quite sure that if I'm incorrect someone will remind me "politely" :^)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

didnt he used to play in Baltimore?????

haha.... well our adaluis looks like a differant guy

doesnt seem like we let him loose enough

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

Guys,
    Adailus is an impressive player. He is very versatile and can play many positions. He easily switches between outside and inside as if he was opening a can of soda. This year, the team has been playing 4-3 and OLBs do not rush the passer too much. That explains the 1.0 sack that he accumalated. Remember, he had 7.0 sacks in 07. Not bad in terms of 1st year in a new scheme and already had 5.0 sacks in 9 games in 08. He was projected to be a double digit sack artist if he hadn't broken his arm. With the signing of Seau and Mayo getting healthy, we can expect him to rush QB more often and get more sacks. I agree that he hadn't been the disruptive force that fans expected him to be, but for anyone who wants to see how strong he is, just take a look at the 20 yard sack of Brett Favre in the 2nd pats game of 08. He overpowered both QB and RB for the 20 yard loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

well im very under impressed...he seems slow and cant cover doesnt seem to make many plays..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

actually nickovich subbed in for him on a couple plays and had a sack...i like em lets see more of him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSNYFAN. Show PATSNYFAN's posts

LETS FACE IT...THE GUY HAS BEEN A BUST....THATS IT!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I think thomas' main strength became his undoing apparently. In this day of sports, athletes are judged on the flashy stats like sacks, tackles. Unfortunately, what thomas brought was versatility to play outside and inside as well as having the speed to cover RB's and TE's. Unfortunately with the injuries to our LB's his versatility took him to playing positions that he wasnt well suited for... I mean he could still play those positions but they werent his strength, so i cant really blame a guy for doing what the team asks him to do even though its not his natural position..
    And when he has had the chance to rush the passer, he has done a decent job but injuries have stopped him, whether its to himself or other LB's on the pats.
    Sure he hasnt lived up to the contract because we were all expecting a great pass rusher, but its not necessarily 100% his fault... He has done whats best for the team foregoing his own stats.
    That sounds like a patriot to me... so lets not get on him too hard... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Amen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Adalius has not lived up to the hype.  That's the problem with free agency, a player scores a big contract, then wants to play it out without getting hurt and look for his next big deal.  Look at Haynseworth for the Redskins, $100+million and he plays half of the defensive sets.  Free agents, for the most part, put their needs in front of the teams.  Like Asante's tatoo said "Get Paid".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

He’s not even missing tackles anymore…he’s just passing through, walking in between downs…and boy, is he making a lot of money or what !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

In Response to Re: Where is the athletic freak that was supposed to be Adalius Thomas???:
    [QUOTE]He’s not even missing tackles anymore…he’s just passing through, walking in between downs…and boy, is he making a lot of money or what !!!
    Posted by sebasatwork[/QUOTE]

And/or he's falling on top of the pile.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

One thing to remember too guys is that on other teams like the Ravens the team designs plays strictly for a certin player. Like D War gets so many sacks cause the cowboys have plays made up for him to get him to that QB. the pats do not do this for anyone. Plain and simple, we are a TEAM and we do not single out one player and try and get him stats. Name me one player in our entire super bowl run that ever had double diget sacks other then Vrabel in 2007? None would be the answer, we dont have stats like D Ware and his 20 sack season on THIS football team. We dont write up plays strictly for Thomas and therefore he wont look like he did in Baltimore because in Baltimore they were making playing to get him a free path to the QB and we dont do that. And I dont know why anyone is shocked by this, we have never had a dominate force on this D. Willie Mac was great but he didnt get crazy stats, and Rosie Colvin was loved but he rarely ever did anything at all. Adalius Thomas probally does everything the staff asks him to do the problem is they are not asking him to light it up the way we as fans want to see. We shouldnt have ever expected him to be a double diget sack type guy on this team that is just not how we do things.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

It's unfair to Adalius in a way but the team is having him do so many things he's not going to have eye popping stats in any one category.  I personally believe he is best suited to rush the passer and, given their current lack of pressure, it would seem logical that they give him some opportunity to do this.  They don't have to go back to a 3-4, they just need to play that over 4-3 and put him on the line.  With Seau in the picture hopefully they feel comfortable enough to do this.  Otherwise we're going to continue to see the same pattern.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

First it was Colvin, now Thomas.  I don't ever want to hear about the Pats trying to get Peppers again.

Sections
Shortcuts