Where Is The Hunger/Intensity?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Where Is The Hunger/Intensity?

The Bruins were all over the Blackhawks last night. You could see the hunger in their play, little "talk" about it.......unlike the Patriots.

Some nice pics of last nights game. Chara, you animal.....lol.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130617/sports/706109616/photos/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Where Is The Hunger/Intensity?

quiet resolve

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/bruins/content/20130616-bruins-quiet-resolve-spoke-volumes-in-game-two.ece

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Gotta love everything the Bruins are doing right now. Chara is a monster, Rask is a hot headed wall, and Marchand breaks his own stick in frustration. I wish the Pats were a little more passionate. I think that is something that has really been missing over the last few years. The Bruins keep fighting in the playoffs and the Pats seem to crumble. Spikes plays hard and I give him credit for that, but that is really all I notice while watching the games. Maybe Tebow will help that a little bit? Idk...

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Gotta love everything the Bruins are doing right now. Chara is a monster, Rask is a hot headed wall, and Marchand breaks his own stick in frustration. I wish the Pats were a little more passionate. I think that is something that has really been missing over the last few years. The Bruins keep fighting in the playoffs and the Pats seem to crumble. Spikes plays hard and I give him credit for that, but that is really all I notice while watching the games. Maybe Tebow will help that a little bit? Idk...

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

Good post, and I agree 100%! Intensity... Pats need to learn how to get it and use it going into the big games!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't know that we should be surprised that the Pats seem to have adopted a certain sense of entitlement. It's very difficult to stay at or near the top as New England has the way the NFL is structured; and I would assume (not being a professional athlete) that it's almost impossible to maintain the type of intensity it takes to overcome everything the NFL throws at you over the course of a season. I mean, we all see the Pats dominate lesser opposition on a regular basis and struggle against anyone remotely competitive, although we don't always draw the same conclusions from what we see. I deem it perfectly reasonable to conjecture that "hunger" just might be the reason. As to how guys who are rarely challenged and don't seem to mind falling flat on their faces when they are re-learn motivation . . .

I dunno.

Maybe the hobo is right about Tebow and a little "come to Jesus" might be just what the Pats need.

Or maybe not.

In any case, it's probably also worth mentioning that there wasn't really an NHL season this year and there's no particular reason those guys shouldn't have plenty left in the tank . . .

That . . .  and I just think hockey players revere the Stanley Cup way more than football players do the Lombardi or cagers and ballplayers whatever trophies they win.

Hockey is just different.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You see it from the Ravens, Niners, and Seahawks.... At least I did, and I guess it's not a surprise that two of three teams were in the SB this year.....

Fight and heart cannot be taught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

This Bruins team is described as:

defensive minded

tough

relentless

I don't think the Patriots have been called that since 2001-2004.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BB needs to let the players talk it up a little bit.  Stop the canned comments and if they are feeling a little tough then let them talk it.  They get bullied before the game and then go out and seem to play scared, coaching included.  Sure, I get it don't give the other team locker room material, well it doesn't always work that way.  Be tough, talk tough, play tough!

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I fear this thread is about to take a deided turn to to the south.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

BB needs to let the players talk it up a little bit.  Stop the canned comments and if they are feeling a little tough then let them talk it.  They get bullied before the game and then go out and seem to play scared, coaching included.  Sure, I get it don't give the other team locker room material, well it doesn't always work that way.  Be tough, talk tough, play tough!

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

There's a fine line, but I agree.  If someone talks trash you have to comeback with something, even if it is less in severity. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Photobucket

Back to BB, huh?  "Stop the canned comments"? You do realize Julien has copped many tactics from BB as coach of the Bruins, right?  Canned answers, sometimes  a quick, terse, one liner, but steady as she goes from Julien. Yep.  I'd bet dollars to donuts Julien has looked to BB and same deal with Chia, how he's mirrored many conceptual approaches to how BB allocates salary and how they value drafting and player development.  But, mostly salary allocation. But, that's another discussion.

And you know what? The players fall right in line. Humble, not too high, not too low, etc, because they know the game, they've been there and it can change on a dime.    I am loving it. I grew up watching Jeremy Jacobs be too cheap and completely screw over loyal Bruins fans, with many continuing to take it up the butt into the late 90s and 2000s.  Comically, that's why those tools over there don't like me.  They kept falling for it.

Hence, why I am not happy with Brady of late.  If you aren't all in, why bother playing the season?

Enough with your Brady deflections. Do you see the Bruins best players making god awful decisions with the puck? NO!

Learn the game before commenting.

[/QUOTE]

I have not made one comparison to the Bruins.  I have had this stance for a long time and have posted it here on this forum many times.  The Patriots allow themselves to get bullied going into the big games and they go out and seem to play a bit scared, coaches included.  You don't think so?  They have not seemed tough enough to win the big games lately.  They don't have that attitude going in.  They play just like the attitude they have displayed prior to the game.  Low keyed, we are going to go out and do our best, execute, blah, blah, blah.. I want to hear... We are going to go out and punch them in the mouth, knock their heads off, rough them up, play physical football.  Attitude goes a long way, especially in a physical sport.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Part of my original thought in posting about the lack of hunger/intensity with the Patriots.  Part of it were some parallels between the current Bruins and the old Patriots.  The current Bruins are #1 in goals against/game - whereas the old Patriots were top 5. The Current Patriots are no longer a solid defensive team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

The Bruins were all over the Blackhawks last night. You could see the hunger in their play, little "talk" about it.......unlike the Patriots.

Some nice pics of last nights game. Chara, you animal.....lol.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20130617/sports/706109616/photos/

I think there is plenty of intensity. Mostly from Brady. The guy looks dialed in, as do a number of other players. They always come out playing fast on both sides.  

Though I DO think the NE defense is soft. Everyone in the league knows it too. You can bully them, score on them, run the ball at them. 

Not one of them is "feared" outside of the nose tackle.

I think the big moment last post-season was the Ridley fumble ...

Not so much in that Ridley fumbled it,  but that it showed what real defenses do.

NE came out ... ran the ball what 28 times right at the Ravens in the first three quarters ... tried to play power football, and in a close game ... the Ravens smacked them in the mouth. 

NE's defense at that point was doing what it normally does ... folding up like a lawn chair and allowing (yet) another 28 points in a  post-season game. 

In order to play tough defensive hockey, you need a tough defensive line; in order to play tough running football, you need a tough defense that can create turnovers and stop the opponents from winning the battle of field positions/TOP.

You have a close, one score game ... two teams are battling it out on the ground. 

It was won by the defense that made the play for their offense. 

Everything that happens after that was a fait accompli. 

If NE had put a helmet on Rice or Flacco and they coughed up the ball on the 15 at that juncture it would have been a totally different game ... AND Flacco would have been throwing 15-20 times for his life with 5 minutes to go and probably would have thrown a pick to ice it.

This is how you can tell the new fans from the fans who have been here: they watched NE win this way with defense like that. It didn't matter what the game plan was ... they had the same overall strategy: keep it close. If you need one score Brady will get it ... if you need a stop/turnover the defense will get it. 

But NE hasn't had that kind of defense in 7 years at least.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I agree with Rusty when it comes to Brady. The guy still plays hard and obviously wants to win, but he seems to put more fault in other players than himself. I feel that Gisele's comments after the Superbowl were an extention of his feelings towards his team. Yes, the WRs should have caught some balls and the defense should have made another stop, but he seems more pouty lately. I love the guy and am happy he is still with the Pats, but a slight attitude adjustment migh do some good. Then again I only see him at training camp and at games so I can't speak for what happens behind closed doors.

I feel like the defense plays more of a reactionary game and cannot take control themselves. It is hard to play hard and bustsome skulls in when you aren't confident in yourself. I feel like that might be a big issue there. Knock some guys around, get some confidence, and take control of the game. 

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Photobucket

Because it works for the Jets?