Where is the outrage over the Pats signing Walter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Re: Where is the outrage over the Pats signing Walter?

It's tuff to get worked up over a #3 QB who isn't guaranteed to make it out of Training Camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

In Response to Re: Where is the outrage over the Pats signing Walter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Where is the outrage over the Pats signing Walter? : Relax. It's the first week of camp for Gods' sake. Walter hasn't made the team yet.
    Posted by ricky1554atl[/QUOTE]

good point...I'm relaxed now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nykrb. Show nykrb's posts

[QUOTE] Walter was a back up QB who played for a team that is known for taking teh talent right out of guys, people in Oakland never reach their potental.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I agree, a good example of this is Moss... he was totally washed up after his stint with the Raiders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Walter never had a chance in Oakland. They had no O-line, he simply dropped back and then was dropped by a LB! And he fits the Patriots offensive style more than Vick does. Face it, Vick is basically a scrambling type of QB (like McNabb was early in his career, though MCNabb was far more accurate passing). This is not the Patriots MO. Walter is more of a pocket passer...he just never had a pocket to throw from in Oakland. Randy Moss seems to speak highly of him, and I'm sure that was considered. Besides, we're talking a third string QB here! Why should we be overly concerned about who they sign. There's no guarantee he'll even make the 53 man roster. And he also is not a sadistic, lying, criminal. Though you bleeding hearts keep crying "he deserves a second chance", you have to weigh the pros and cons. And the PR nightmare that Vick would bring is a distraction they do not need (or want) in Foxboro. Now that Oakland has cut Walter, there is room for them to sign Vick! Our "outrage" was aimed at those who wanted to bring that murderous, psychotic, criminal piece of garbage to our favorite team. I'd just as soon see Charlie Manson get paroled and move to my town! You have taken this obsession a bit too far. Can't you understand that 90% of us want no part of Michael Vick? Please, wake up and smell the coffee!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

One things for sure,Walter didn't go to jail for killing dogs.Also Walter can actually see into the secondary from the pocket without having to scramble every time to find a passing lane!In case you hadn't noticed BB likes his QB's to be taller than most, examples:Brady 6'4",Cassel 6'4",O'Connell 6'5.5",Walter 6'6" the guys that didn't get the call Gutierrez 6'3",Lemon 6'1" and last but not least Vick 6' no inches and no tryout!!! Like the old saying goes you don't bring a knife to a gun fight,and to have signed either one of the smaller QB's would have been doing just that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebastian81. Show sebastian81's posts

who cares about our backup QB? If Tom is done for the season again, our SB chances are over immediately. no matter how good the rest of our team looks and how hard they play. we know that. so if we need to resort to our second QB option, then we are screwed anyways.

by the way, how could someone be outraged that we do not have Vick on our team? I would think it should be the other way around. Strictly speaking about football the guy lacked commitment, didn't watch enough tapes and couldn't throw a ball to save his life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

All of my outrage just got flushed down the toilet a few minutes ago.  I feel much better now and will probably go to bed.  There's likely to be more outrage tomorrow.  My thoughts about Vick are probably a few hundred yards down some pipe about this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

[QUOTE]All of my outrage just got flushed down the toilet a few minutes ago.  I feel much better now and will probably go to bed.  There's likely to be more outrage tomorrow.  My thoughts about Vick are probably a few hundred yards down some pipe about this time.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Too bad you couldn't flush Vick himself (and all these morons who keep arguing their case for him) along with the rest of the sewage!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

bubthegrub2, you seem incapable of referring to MV as just MV. Are you trying to convince others or yourself that he is anymore than just MV? I would think the name given to Vick by his parents is just Michael, period. We pretty much know who is willing to move on with their lives on this board as it pertains to MV and you are clearly not one of them. Your treatment (verbal abuse) of another human being, regardless of their actions, is pretty pathetic and sad to some degree. Lets try to be a little less sensitive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I am outraged that I wasn't cast in that new HBO series 'Hung'

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

[QUOTE]1st, Vick is SCUM. 2nd, what makes U think Vick wants 2 play 4 us, the Scum wants 2 play QB, not B A back up. and Y would they cut Gut, he looked like a Cassel clone to me.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]

The outrage should be in ZigZig's use of the English language, take the time to write the actual word!  Sheesh!  But I do agree with your post....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Watch.....this post is all about race.  The question should have been "where is the outrage that the Patriots didnt sign a BLACK quarterback"....you were all thinking it, just didnt want to say it.  The next thing will be that the Patriots are racist....etc.  The bottom line is, Vick doesnt fit the system...he is a runner first, thrower second....the whole offense is designed around a pocket QB who steps up in the pocket to avoid the rush, not run through it in panic.  Int eh past few years, when Brady scrambles, event the announcers laugh at his "speed".
    Also, Vick is looking to make some money, and a name for himself again...he wont get that backing up the best QB in football, he will go to the USFL or whatever it is and play until Nov. when the season is over, and then try to hook up with a team in the NFL who has an injury.

Sections
Shortcuts