Where is Welker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Where is Welker?

To me we don't need stud RB's but we absolutely need to run the ball. Even if teams can hold our run game to a poor average, we STILL need to run, There is a difference in a defenders effectiveness when he absolutely 100% knows it is a pass and hesitating for a split second. A commitment to the run will cause this 1 second hesitation and help our guys to get open and our offense to get in rhythm.

No DC thinks we will call a lot of run plays right now and it has showed. In 2 of the last 3 games we have failed to get over 160 passing yards. I am not complaining about being 5-1 but in my eyes our current offense will be a bigger problem then our defense come December.

We have the players. We have the talent. We are stubbornly over using pass heavy formations as we did in 2008 and 2009. Lets maul some teams with a heavy dose of Crumpler AND Gronk. Lets shock somebody and run 3 straight run plays in a row. Imagine the implications.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Welker?:
    So Russ, did you answer my question? or did you just try to mystify me with some other stats. Antione Smith was a 1,000 yard rusher and Maroney or any other back hasnt sniffed that so what are you talking about? Danny is effective in this offense and is a good pass catcher....But, How many yards did he have RUNNING the ball yesterday? Like always Russ, You are so quick to reply with a comeback, you fail to actually read what I wrote...You do this all the time...most recently with KIlla, when he tried to defend you. I didnt say the lack of a big name was the reason we werent good, but its part of it.  It is the Reason they dont stick to it, or establish, cuz its an AFTERTHOUGHT...stop trying to overanalyze it with amount of carries.  We are not gonna run our heads into a wall, with the best QB in the game...its that simple.  Your argument is off, cuz I think A.Smith is better than Benny.  He got 1,00o yards in Buffalo and in N.E. and in 03, a combo of Smith and Faulk produced more than 1,000 yards. If Benny was so good, why not feed him 25 times and get 125 yards,??  cuz it only works against teams like the Bills!
    Posted by patsfan76

Uggh.

I saw Killa was "defending" me. I asked why on earth I was labeled a "homer" in August and Sept when I warned for fans to be patience or wind up looking absolutely stupid.

We have an entire media crew at the Globe leading the anti-BB party and some fans fell for it.

Ok?

Pretty simple.

I just think it's comical I am a homer when I can bring plenty to the table in terms of knowledge, this game, the history of the game and some data to discuss.

Why do you make this so difficult?

You just said our RB corps is weak. No, it's not.

Antowain Smith got more carries from 2001-2003 in any season, than any RB has ever received here from 2007-2010.  That's why he got 1000 yards.

Were you serious with that question?

No, it doesn't only work against the Bills. It can work against Baltimore, SD, and other teams.   You have to commit to it in the 1st quarter. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

To me we don't need stud RB's but we absolutely need to run the ball. Even if teams can hold our run game to a poor average, we STILL need to run, There is a difference in a defenders effectiveness when he absolutely 100% knows it is a pass and hesitating for a split second. A commitment to the run will cause this 1 second hesitation and help our guys to get open and our offense to get in rhythm. No DC thinks we will call a lot of run plays right now and it has showed. In 2 of the last 3 games we have failed to get over 160 passing yards. I am not complaining about being 5-1 but in my eyes our current offense will be a bigger problem then our defense come December. We have the players. We have the talent. We are stubbornly over using pass heavy formations as we did in 2008 and 2009. Lets maul some teams with a heavy dose of Crumpler AND Gronk. Lets shock somebody and run 3 straight run plays in a row. Imagine the implications.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Exactly!

Running 3 times off tackle behind Crump and Gronk wouldn't get them first downs?  Even if they know it's coming, I highly doubt than can hold the RB to under 3-4 yards per carry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ask Chris Johnson if he misses Alge Crumpler.....(Answer is he does) He is road grader to have next to 3 big o-linemen

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I honestly don't think the Chargers def is anything to be called stud, you can spin it however you want and make our offense look good, but the offense was none existing to be honest. And against the Ravens, the offense did a good job, but if you watched the Bills score on the Ravens, you know that they have a very bad secondary that we all know they have before the season started. They are the favorite because they have an explosive offense and a good but not great def. So for those who think we shouldn't judge Welker and the offense cuz we faced two "great" def, we also shouldn't say that our offense is good cuz we beat those teams. I think the wind is on our back now, and it seems like everything is working. But I think when this team hits bad stretch, it will be something like a 2-3 game losing streak that will be hard to get out of cuz the offense just seem so inconsistent.
    Posted by pochen23

See, this is my point. Anyone can argue SD is a good or mediocre D how they want to argue it, but if they are a good D, this is why the 20 run and under theory with 60% plus passing will not work.

It just won't.

Go back to any game last year when NE ran the ball 20 times or less and I bet you'll find no wins. If you do, it's against a crapp teamd with a crappy D.

Now that they have MORE weapons to hit you with, all the more reason to run it more so when you do need to pass, those weapons are more lethal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree that you still need to run it, regardless of the production...but apparently your coach Billy B thinks that with the current RB personell we are better off passing it.  Why dont you call Bill and ask him.  I am just stating why we dont run the ball.  Dont talk to me about amount, talk to the coaches. How many SB's have we won with the spread offense?  The fact is we have a spread offense because it suits our personell.  None of us can change the personell.  But when you give me options to throw to Wes, Gronk, Aaron, and Branch, or run it to Benny, Guess What!?  and who is calling the plays is irrevelent, if Bill wanted to commit to the run , he would have.  Oh! and the teams besides the Bills that Benny can run on?  You forgot to name them.  If we had C.Portis, J.Charles, and R.Torrain in the backfield, Yes, you will see more runs...and NO, the Pats dont want to run the ball and are not totally over their 07' lovefest, or they wouldnt have gone into the year with 3, 30 plus y/o backs with injury histories.  Its an Afterthought.  Draft a bunch of weapons for Brady but not a Back.  Is this coincidence????!!  PLU-Eaaze    Dont shoot the messenger.
    Posted by patsfan76

Belichick is not this team's offensive coordinator. He's in on the gameplanning, but not the game calls, unless over-ruling, which is probably rare or at critical times.

The 4th and 1 call is clearly his, for example.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I agree that you still need to run it, regardless of the production...but apparently your coach Billy B thinks that with the current RB personell we are better off passing it.  Why dont you call Bill and ask him.  I am just stating why we dont run the ball.  Dont talk to me about amount, talk to the coaches. How many SB's have we won with the spread offense?  The fact is we have a spread offense because it suits our personell.  None of us can change the personell.  But when you give me options to throw to Wes, Gronk, Aaron, and Branch, or run it to Benny, Guess What!?  and who is calling the plays is irrevelent, if Bill wanted to commit to the run , he would have.  Oh! and the teams besides the Bills that Benny can run on?  You forgot to name them.  If we had C.Portis, J.Charles, and R.Torrain in the backfield, Yes, you will see more runs...and NO, the Pats dont want to run the ball and are not totally over their 07' lovefest, or they wouldnt have gone into the year with 3, 30 plus y/o backs with injury histories.  Its an Afterthought.  Draft a bunch of weapons for Brady but not a Back.  Is this coincidence????!!  PLU-Eaaze    Dont shoot the messenger.
    Posted by patsfan76

Again, do not agree.  Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas last year got plenty of carries in a supposed "pass first offense".

Each got around 10-15 touches per game+.

You can;t keep blaming the personnel.  Where were these complaints against MIami and Balt?

Are peopel like Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas in the Saints offense, for example, more potent than BJGE and Woodhead? I don't think so.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

dormez vous? dormez vous?

Sections
Shortcuts