Where Patriots went wrong

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

Where Patriots went wrong

After Colts Polian cried that Law and Malloy hurt poor little Harrison and changed the rules BB got the mindset we could not beat Colt unless we outscored them. Though that maybe a good thought, the rest of the league was not beating us.  C'mon BB go back to old Patriot Football and pound the rock.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

Re: Where Patriots went wrong

In Response to Where Patriots went wrong:
    [QUOTE]After Colts Polian cried that Law and Malloy hurt poor little Harrison and changed the rules BB got the mindset we could not beat Colt unless we outscored them. Though that maybe a good thought, the rest of the league was not beating us.  C'mon BB go back to old Patriot Football and pound the rock.
    Posted by ZekeMowattreturns[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking.  I think it has to do with the Patriots taping opposing teams.  Take away the camera's and the Patriots suddenly go into a tailspin.  Hummm!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Zeke and ALL:

...Certainly in complete agreement for the majority.  But through NO real fault of his own accord, Belichick has tried his best (I hope...it seems), to change and adapt what was once succesful Patriot's smash-mouth, well-balanced defensive football that attacked Everyone and Everything, created sacks, INT's/FF's, and critical Defensive stops any way possible in order so that Brady's less-potent (at the time) Offense could be at a place and time to seal the game late... Anyways, due to Polian and the NFL Rules Committee instituting what has been infamously dubbed throughout the League, "The Ty Law Rule," BB noted (correctly at the time) that the days where you could simply bash any Wideout or Back within 10 to even 15 yards of the L.O.S., were over. 

Look, As a former lover of great blood-thirsty Secondaries, I feel your heartfelt pain, but also see where BB's coming from during the past 4 Seasons or so:  IF the NFL was so intent on creating high-scoring, crowd-pleasing games, Belichick was going to HAVE to comply and give them JUST what they wanted in order to remain a Playoff fixture (which was, due to cap and roster restrictions, offering a higher-paid, higher octane Offense, a Defense that could stop most everything up front, but a Secondary which was largely incidental, a "bend, but don't break D," and a "just don't give up the big-time-play Secondary")...  But I also believe that BB has seen (correctly) that once again in recent years there's been a Decline in "not being able to even touch the Receivers" making their way through the Secondary (and an Increase, more of a focus on saving the QB)... And subsequently, THIS year, He has tried to set in place, through the drafting of hard-hitting Safety Chung and a good cover CB in Butler, a Future Secondary that has adapted and is trying to overcome ONCE MORE, yet another (and an altogether different) Rules Committee attempt to change the very fabric of the NFL Belichick knew and was so successful at...just IMO....

Thoughts ANYONE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Where Patriots went wrong:
    [QUOTE]Zeke and ALL : ...Certainly in complete agreement for the majority.  But through NO real fault of his own accord, Belichick has tried his best (I hope...it seems), to change and adapt what was once succesful Patriot's smash-mouth, well-balanced defensive football that attacked Everyone and Everything, created sacks, INT's/FF's, and critical Defensive stops any way possible in order so that Brady's less-potent (at the time) Offense could be at a place and time to seal the game late... Anyways, due to Polian and the NFL Rules Committee instituting what has been infamously dubbed throughout the League, " The Ty Law Rule ," BB noted (correctly at the time) that the days where you could simply bash any Wideout or Back within 10 to even 15 yards of the L.O.S., were over.  Look, As a former lover of great blood-thirsty Secondaries, I feel your heartfelt pain, but also see where BB's coming from during the past 4 Seasons or so:  IF the NFL was so intent on creating high-scoring, crowd-pleasing games, Belichick was going to HAVE to comply and give them JUST what they wanted in order to remain a Playoff fixture (which was, due to cap and roster restrictions, offering a higher-paid, higher octane Offense, a Defense that could stop most everything up front, but a Secondary which was largely incidental, a "bend, but don't break D," and a "just don't give up the big-time-play Secondary")...  But I also believe that BB has seen (correctly) that once again in recent years there's been a Decline in "not being able to even touch the Receivers" making their way through the Secondary (and an Increase, more of a focus on saving the QB)... And subsequently, THIS year, He has tried to set in place, through the drafting of hard-hitting Safety Chung and a good cover CB in Butler, a Future Secondary that has adapted and is trying to overcome ONCE MORE, yet another (and an altogether different) Rules Committee attempt to change the very fabric of the NFL Belichick knew and was so successful at...just IMO.... Thoughts ANYONE ? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I agree but would say it differently. The days of the smashmouth secondarys is over and have to be replaced with FASTER guys because they can not hit anyone. So BB has tried to adapt - I agree. With Wilhite, Chung, Butler, Meriweather, etc. BB is trying to change and go with FAST, not strong.

In the linebacking core I think he is trying to do the same. Guyton over Vrabel and Bruschi.

One thing that is obvious - if we do not change we can not continue to win long-term, so the Pats and BB are trying to adapt, reflect and change with the times. I am not sure if they will make the right decisions, but they are trying which is all I can expect.

When Brady is back in from by week 6 to 8, all of this will be forgotten. If Brady hits Galloway and Edelman for TDs last week, we are 2-0. Our offense is not able to cover for the defense right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

One thing that is obvious - if we do not change we can not continue to win long-term, so the Pats and BB are trying to adapt, reflect and change with the times. I am not sure if they will make the right decisions, but they are trying which is all I can expect.

One-If-By-Sea:

We should ALL echo the sentiments expressed by your last line-of-thought ("...but they are trying, which is all I can expect")... Largely because the efforts alone sure beats what it seems we witnessed from the previous Pat's regime for at least a decade before the Brady/Belichick era:  Less-than-mediocre Defense supplimented more importantly by-in-large, with an Offense who's gameplan on 99% of the series consisted of the "run, run, pass, punt" 4-down set...(rage and depression...ahh, the memories)...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

In Response to Re: Where Patriots went wrong:
    [QUOTE]Zeke and ALL : ...Certainly in complete agreement for the majority.  But through NO real fault of his own accord, Belichick has tried his best (I hope...it seems), to change and adapt what was once succesful Patriot's smash-mouth, well-balanced defensive football that attacked Everyone and Everything, created sacks, INT's/FF's, and critical Defensive stops any way possible in order so that Brady's less-potent (at the time) Offense could be at a place and time to seal the game late... Anyways, due to Polian and the NFL Rules Committee instituting what has been infamously dubbed throughout the League, " The Ty Law Rule ," BB noted (correctly at the time) that the days where you could simply bash any Wideout or Back within 10 to even 15 yards of the L.O.S., were over.  Look, As a former lover of great blood-thirsty Secondaries, I feel your heartfelt pain, but also see where BB's coming from during the past 4 Seasons or so:  IF the NFL was so intent on creating high-scoring, crowd-pleasing games, Belichick was going to HAVE to comply and give them JUST what they wanted in order to remain a Playoff fixture (which was, due to cap and roster restrictions, offering a higher-paid, higher octane Offense, a Defense that could stop most everything up front, but a Secondary which was largely incidental, a "bend, but don't break D," and a "just don't give up the big-time-play Secondary")...  But I also believe that BB has seen (correctly) that once again in recent years there's been a Decline in "not being able to even touch the Receivers" making their way through the Secondary (and an Increase, more of a focus on saving the QB)... And subsequently, THIS year, He has tried to set in place, through the drafting of hard-hitting Safety Chung and a good cover CB in Butler, a Future Secondary that has adapted and is trying to overcome ONCE MORE, yet another (and an altogether different) Rules Committee attempt to change the very fabric of the NFL Belichick knew and was so successful at...just IMO.... Thoughts ANYONE ? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Sections
Shortcuts