Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft?

Im doing a fantasy draft in the next two days.  I pick 11th of 12 and want gronk but dont know if 11th is to high to take a TE. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Re: Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft?

Good question. I would like to know what these people have to say about this:

TFB12
    digger0862
    BradyWelkerFan
    NEGAME2
    Cyberknot
    Rocky
    PatsEng
    BostonSportsFan111
    leatherhelmet
    freediro
    JMUFranco

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

He's projected top 15 on ESPN I believe, so based on that, 14 would be the spot, assuming you have picks 11/14.  I don't think he'll throw up the same stats as last season, but there's no doubting his importance to the offense or the number of times TB will target him at any spot on the field... particularly in the red zone.

Generally I'd laugh at the thought of a TE being drafted that high in fantasy, but realistically, he's utilized like an elite WR within their offense.

JMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

That what I was thinking.  Gronks numbers last year were up there with the best wr in the game so why shouldnt he be up there with Fitz and calvin johnson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would probably take him around round five or six. I don't think he is going to have the same kind of year that he had last year. He will still put up great numbers, but with Lloyd and all the other weapons his stats are bound to drop a little bit.

I prefer to get a top QB, RB, and WR before I go for a TE. Picking 11th I would probably go for a top QB or WR as RBs don't seem to be as important as they used to be unless you can get Ray Rice or someone like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft?:
    [QUOTE]Good question. I would like to know what these people have to say about this: TFB12 digger0862 BradyWelkerFan NEGAME2 Cyberknot Rocky PatsEng BostonSportsFan111 leatherhelmet freediro JMUFranco
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE]
    Round 1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft? : Round 1
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    \
    o good digger u take him!!lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't mind how high he has been taken, as he has better #s then all receivers but Megatron. For me though I will skip Gronk(unless I can get brady and gronk back to back) and take Hernandez  a round or 2 early in the 5th or 6th. I think Hern might lead us in tds this year as teams double and triple gronk in the red zone!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Good question. I would like to know what these people have to say about this: TFB12 digger0862 BradyWelkerFan NEGAME2 Cyberknot Rocky PatsEng BostonSportsFan111 leatherhelmet freediro JMUFranco
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE]

Somewhere between round 1 and undrafed. : p  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

wait for YAC Man, aka Hernandez. Gronk has Lloyd, Welker, Hern and Branch to compete with. He will not come close to last years numbers if that's what you think you will get. Pick up Hernandez and then draft Jacob Tamme as you back up TE in the third or secodn to last rounds. You're not in a great position as it is, so I would go RB/WR then RB/WR if I were you. Unless you're in a PPR league, then that is different. If it's yahoo and QB's score big points then try to get Stafford. Please post your leagues scoring rules and I could help you more.

"For me though I will skip Gronk(unless I can get brady and gronk back to back) and take Hernandez  a round or 2 early in the 5th or 6th." Not to be rude TrueChamp, but that is terrible adivse! Why does he need Brady and both the Pats TE's? That is easily 3 of his first 6-7 picks, not the best idea....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Gronk went early in my drafts. I got Lloyd on both of my teams as well as Hernandez who seems to be flying under the radar.Gronk is a hot choice so if you are drafting 14 you may have to choose between Brady and Gronk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft?": [QUOTE]wait for YAC Man, aka Hernandez. Gronk has Lloyd, Welker, Hern and Branch to compete with. He will not come close to last years numbers if that's what you think you will get. Pick up Hernandez and then draft Jacob Tamme as you back up TE in the third or secodn to last rounds. You're not in a great position as it is, so I would go RB/WR then RB/WR if I were you. Unless you're in a PPR league, then that is different. If it's yahoo and QB's score big points then try to get Stafford. Please post your leagues scoring rules and I could help you more. " For me though I will skip Gronk( unless I can get brady and gronk back to back ) and take Hernandez  a round or 2 early in the 5th or 6th ." Not to be rude TrueChamp, but that is terrible adivse! Why does he need Brady and both the Pats TE's? That is easily 3 of his first 6-7 picks, not the best idea.... Posted by freediro[/QUOTE] I said skip Gronk and go for Hernandez, unless I could get Brady and Gronk in the 1st 2 rounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

ok, maybe I missunderstood your post. Now, I will say you need to have a gameplan down for your team and stick with it. DO NOT GO BY ESPN/YAHOO rankings alone, IF A GUY IS 10 SPOTS LOWER THAN YOUR NEXT PICK, BUT YOU NEED THAT POSITION PLAYER FOR YOU TEAM, TAKE HIM! 

However with his draft positions there is NO way he gets Brady and Gronk back ot back. Even if he could I don't like taking those chances on those guys hooking up for huge yards and at least 1 TD every week.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]ok, maybe I missunderstood your post. Now, I will say you need to have a gameplan down for your team and stick with it. DO NOT GO BY ESPN/YAHOO rankings alone, IF A GUY IS 10 SPOTS LOWER THAN YOUR NEXT PICK, BUT YOU NEED THAT POSITION PLAYER FOR YOU TEAM , TAKE HIM!  However with his draft positions there is NO way he gets Brady and Gronk back ot back. Even if he could I don't like taking those chances on those guys hooking up for huge yards and at least 1 TD every week.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Bah I say the best strategy is to pick one position and grab it every round. Like say K. No one in the league should every read this but if you take a kicker in every round then you can get some trades later, true story. Everyone needs kickers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

high 2nd round. If Gronk duplicates his #s he is basically a really good WR. 17TDs is alot from a TE. No way Gronk makes it to 3rd round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where should Gronkowski be taken in a fantasy draft? : Bah I say the best strategy is to pick one position and grab it every round. Like say K. No one in the league should every read this but if you take a kicker in every round then you can get some trades later, true story. Everyone needs kickers
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

True! Good advice! I would also like to point out that its a smart idea to just draft backups for injury prone players. If you want to draft Vick for example, draft Kafka instead in his place

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

After getting a RB and QB, if he is available I would draft him in the 3rd round

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I would say end of rounnd 2 though I'm sure in most drafts it'll be a round sooner.

He set NFL records for TEs with yardage and TDs, I believe, it's hard to get good value for a guy following a season like that.

Add to that Hernandez is progressing as well, Welker is playing for another contract, and they added Lloyd, Gaffney and Stallworth...AND have a 'new look' running game.

He could have a very good season catching 80 balls for 1000 yards and 11 TDs, and that would not be good for a 1st rounder.

Only so many balls to go around, figure 5,000 yards, where are they going?

Welker (1200)
    Lloyd (1100)
    Hernandez (900)
    Gronk (1000)
    Gaffney/Stallworth/Branch (1000 total)
    RBs (2-400)

That'd be over 5500, and I honestly feel those are conservative numbers. If Lloyd of Welker go for 1500, that's even less to go around.

Being a homer lands him around 24 for me. For someone not in this area, I think around 30 would be more reasonable.

Someone is going to overpay for him, I just don't see him repeating his record setting season, and that is far from a knock against him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Last year I got Gronk in Round 10....needless to say he had one of the best years for a TE. 
    This year, I've been seeing him go somewhere in round 2....

If you want him on your team, then take him at your 14 pick.  IF you don't he won't be there come round 3, pick 35....(I doubt it).  All how you want to build out your Fantasy team....

Good Luck!
    Go Pats!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Really depends on that particular leagues rules and scoring system. That determines a players value in the draft. Gronk could be more important in one league than another.

Sections
Shortcuts