Where the f**k is BJGE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orangecrush28. Show orangecrush28's posts

Where the f**k is BJGE

Hello obrien/belichick. He is our lead back. Why are Kevin Faulk and Danny Woodhead getting more carries. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Where the f**k is BJGE

Cause he sucked ars every time they gave him the ball?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think he must have got hurt, or they just went small.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Where the f**k is BJGE:
    [QUOTE]Cause he sucked ars every time they gave him the ball?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

BJGE is a grinder. He needs reps to be affective. How many times has he only been able to average 2 ypc in the 1st quarter to average 4 ypc at the end of the game if given 20-25 carries a game? Giving him a single carry on a series won't get him going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The problem with letting this guy be a "grinder" and letting him take time to get going is, by the time he does get going (or if he gets going) the other team will have scored 25 points. That's the problem with a last ranked D, you can't go a drive or two trying to develop anything or experiment, because you'll be behind by several touchdowns.

The thing that really disappoints me about this guy is that you give it to him on a third and one (the type of play everyone says he can make) and he gets stuffed. He gets a few decent runs, then he gets a no gain. He lets the ball hit him right in the hands on a text book screen and he drops it - not the first time either - and don't forget they probably ran that play 72 times this week in practice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with letting this guy be a "grinder" and letting him take time to get going is, by the time he does get going (or if he gets going) the other team will have scored 25 points. That's the problem with a last ranked D, you can't go a drive or two trying to develop anything or experiment, because you'll be behind by several touchdowns. The thing that really disappoints me about this guy is that you give it to him on a third and one (the type of play everyone says he can make) and he gets stuffed. He gets a few decent runs, then he gets a no gain. He lets the ball hit him right in the hands on a text book screen and he drops it - not the first time either - and don't forget they probably ran that play 72 times this week in practice.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

With the exception that our O and D seem to work better when he does get those 20-25 carries a game. Go through all the games this year and look at his carries. The best they have played is when BJGE gets carries.

I think it's because the D plays less time on the field so it's easier for the D to make 1 or 2 critical stops when the opposing O only gets 6-7 series a game (limits their scoring chance and they tend to make mistakes). Also by the 2nd half the opposing D is wore out and beaten down by consistent grinding. When BJGE gets carries our O doesn't tend to get shut down in the second half of games. That only tends to happen when we go pass heavy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

As hard as it is to stop this offense, it is predicated on Welker and Gronk. 

I would like to see them try to build up the run game going into the playoffs, but I have about as much hope for that as for the DBs to start covering people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

He should been up there on 3rd and goal and bulling to the end zone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

He needs to get the majority of his carries in goaline situations. Our last offensive drive, the now infamous INT by Brady, should have been lawfirm time. 3 runs up the middle, worst outcome would have been 3 points and a 2 score lead with like 2 or 3 minutes to go.

Where is Ridley? We let him loose against Oakland and he tore it up, since then, he has gotten little to no carries. Why?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where the f**k is BJGE : With the exception that our O and D seem to work better when he does get those 20-25 carries a game. Go through all the games this year and look at his carries. The best they have played is when BJGE gets carries. I think it's because the D plays less time on the field so it's easier for the D to make 1 or 2 critical stops when the opposing O only gets 6-7 series a game (limits their scoring chance and they tend to make mistakes). Also by the 2nd half the opposing D is wore out and beaten down by consistent grinding. When BJGE gets carries our O doesn't tend to get shut down in the second half of games. That only tends to happen when we go pass heavy
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    Hey maybe you're right - I'm under the impression that they don't run it more because they're not good at it. Maybe they DO need to do it more - question is, if they're good enough to run it - why don't they do it more? If they are capable of running it better, then someone is screwing up royally in a coaching capacity, because this offense is more than capable of being shut down in the playoffs by a good team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where the f**k is BJGE : Hey maybe you're right - I'm under the impression that they don't run it more because they're not good at it. Maybe they DO need to do it more - question is, if they're good enough to run it - why don't they do it more? If they are capable of running it better, then someone is screwing up royally in a coaching capacity, because this offense is more than capable of being shut down in the playoffs by a good team. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I think OB calls the game scared. Unless the run game produces immediate results he abandons it. Unfortunately our RB's are more effective the more snaps they get. They don't have an immediate impact RB, most of what we have needs consistent reps to be effective. We saw it against Bal in the playoffs, when we went down early and had to become a pass heavy to try to catch up. Against the Jets in the playoffs they abandoned the run to early and didn't give it to BJGE even though he was affective early on.

IMO, OB just doesn't fully grasp the strengths of his RB's and doesn't use them properly. When he had BJGE try to run outside the T on the sweep I couldn't believe it. BJGE is a hard noise north/south runner with good power in his legs but just isn't fast. Why on short yards would you have him run 5yrds east/west where he can't utilize all the strength in his legs while the play takes a long time to setup giving the D time to plug holes? Makes no sense to me.

Sections
Shortcuts