Where the heck is the defense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsfan12. Show sportsfan12's posts

Where the heck is the defense?

I'm sure glad I didn't buy a ticket to game. I sure hope BB has something better than this in mind for the real games. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Where the heck is the defense?

Sitting on the bench

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

The Pats might be the first team in history to play a season without any backups. Because these guys stink.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I don't care how Vanilla the defense is in pre-season. Man the F#@ UP. Chung you have a long way to go before beating out Sanders. Maybee next year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

On the bright side, Love and Rogers won't be on the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsfan12. Show sportsfan12's posts

Sure glad the Sox are on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

there goes our "stud" special teams guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

wow, chung was a secound round pick? he has a lot of work to do!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

chung should have never been covering sinorice moss,butler should have been on him.that was a coaching mistake.chung is a strong safety,not a corner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

good point!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The defense is watching the game. 

Butler isn't even playing. These are guys vying for a spot on the practice squad. Chillax, fool. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

In Response to Re: Where the heck is the defense?:
    [QUOTE]The defense is watching the game.  Butler isn't even playing. These are guys vying for a spot on the practice squad. Chillax, fool. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
     Chung was drafted before Butler.The 34th pick of the draft isn't going to the practice squad after 4 preseason games.He would never clear waivers.The point is,a rookie SS shouldn't be expected to cover a first string slot receiver.Its like asking Seymour to cover a TE.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

anyone got a link?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Hopefully, guys we will make the proper adjusments after the rosters has been cut.  I said I will wait to this game to make my judgment.  I think we got some holes but not to bad.  I think we will be ok.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where the heck is the defense? :  Chung was drafted before Butler.The 34th pick of the draft isn't going to the practice squad after 4 preseason games.He would never clear waivers.The point is,a rookie SS shouldn't be expected to cover a first string slot receiver.Its like asking Seymour to cover a TE.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

I know, i was just eluding to the fact that we don't have any of the starting 5 CBs out on the field so people have no reason to panic. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where the heck is the defense? : I know, i was just eluding to the fact that we don't have any of the starting 5 CBs out on the field so people have no reason to panic. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]
    I agree.No need to panic. There are some concerns now that preseason is over but also some pleasant suprises,especially from Vollmer and Edelman.Every team is going through the same thing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

clowns 6 pts after 1st qtr. Nimrods all head to the sox boards please or just jump off a tall building not your moms basement windows actually do something right for once.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Where the heck is the defense?:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure glad I didn't buy a ticket to game. I sure hope BB has something better than this in mind for the real games. 
    Posted by sportsfan12[/QUOTE]

Too early to panic. The Starters were watching from the bench, just as Brady didn't take a snap. The real starters are pretty much penciled in, so the last game was to assess who would be cut, or put on the practice squad. Too much negativity on Boston.com these days.

It's like someone posted to the Red Sox section about the Sox being out of the wild card race. Excuse me, but they've just won 12 of 16, and are three games up on the Rangers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from _008_. Show _008_'s posts

Chung got torched in coverage. Couple of bright spots: I thought Hoyer looked really good and law firm confirmed what everyone thought he was capable of.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't know why people get so worked up over the defense based on the preseason. Anyone who follows the team knows that Bill does not play a regular defense in the preseason. Not to mention that the LAST preseason game is pretty much slop. They are only trying to evaluate who they are going to cut tonight! Now if Mark Sanchez passes for 400 yards and 5 TDs in week two, I might get a little nervous! Every year we get all these threads proclaiming doom and gloom based on the games in August! Let it go! Enjoy the long weekend, BBQ with your friends, and get ready for another great season of Patriots football. We will see a much different defense come the 14th!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

Although a lot of starters were on the benchduring the preseason it still seems that the O is going to have to rack up serious points for the team to win this year. It doesnt seem like anything special going on at all on the defense

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from josepr. Show josepr's posts

The run defense was still very good.

Sections
Shortcuts