Where was Kyle Arrington?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Where was Kyle Arrington?

Why did Cole take over part way through the 2nd?  Arrington still played on ST though out the game.  Not a good sign when Cole takes over your spot.  Must have really been having a terrible game to be taken out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Where was Kyle Arrington?

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:

Why did Cole take over part way through the 2nd?  Arrington still played on ST though out the game.  Not a good sign when Cole takes over your spot.  Must have really been having a terrible game to be taken out.

I liked how Ryan Logan played this game , i hope we see no more of arrington in the slot , the guy cant cover anyone and has cost us many games before just bench him !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

I liked how Ryan Logan played this game , i hope we see no more of arrington in the slot , the guy cant cover anyone and has cost us many games before just bench him !!

I could have intercepted that pass. That was as bad a pass as you'll see a QB make. That said, Ryan allowed several clutch catches that moved the chains.

As for Arrington, I've nicked named him: The Human Chainmover. He just can't cover.

Speaking of poor coverage, when will Belichick and Patricia (not that his opinion matters) realize that Don'ta Can'ta in coverage. He's just plain sucks. Just blitz him on passing downs. 

Good thing BB updated the safety position in the offseason. Gregory was terrible last year. Oh wait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Arrington can't play corner...period. He was getting toasted. He has been fine in dime and other specific plays but if you leave him at corner it will be a long day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They benched him because he couldn't cover Kerley in man coverage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

They were afraid their invest might get injured. When you give Arrington the contract they gave him you have to protect it right?..........  What a dumb contract that was, esp considering the level of talent at CB they could have had for the same price

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He got benched for being a bum, BB should try him out at SS since he has the skillset for it, but he's no CB. Ryan, Talib and Dennard should be our CBs when Talib returns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Prime example of a bad GM.  Step 1: Pay big money for a useless DB.  Step 2: Bench useless DB because he sucks and hurts the team when on the field.

People you can't make this chit up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:

In response to yakv's comment:

I could have intercepted that pass. That was as bad a pass as you'll see a QB make. That said, Ryan allowed several clutch catches that moved the chains.

As for Arrington, I've nicked named him: The Human Chainmover. He just can't cover.

Speaking of poor coverage, when will Belichick and Patricia (not that his opinion matters) realize that Don'ta Can'ta in coverage. He's just plain sucks. Just blitz him on passing downs. 

Good thing BB updated the safety position in the offseason. Gregory was terrible last year. Oh wait.

You couldn't, Logan had great press coverage on Hill and jammed him. Hill couldn't release, Smith thought Hill could fight his way free, but Logan won. That was great jamming technique, very rare in rookies. He was always in coverage, never in pursuit. That's what you want to see in your rookie CB.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Where was tom brady at 17 million?  Bagging on injured players is weak. Hammies can be tough to shake.  Nink's groin injury is not working so well for him either.

Look at ballbanger get his feelings hurt.  BB can not judge talent any longer.  I knew this was a bad deal when he was signed to an outragous extension.  Arrington is terrible.  When you get replaced by Cole then you know you suc.

Has anyone seen any snap count reports?  Curious how many snaps each player played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Where are all the Kyle Arrington backers now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I hate Arrington. Probably more so than tcal2. I really hate the fact that when its 3rd and long, the gameplan for the opposing O, is to look for who Arrington is covering. Yeah he makes a big play from time to time but he also gives up even more big plays. He's the new Otis Smith.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not a big fan of Arrington, didn't like the contract they gave him before the season but I think he is better then Cole too.  Maybe Arrington is hurt but I don't see anything on the internet about an injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

After getting abused by first round superstar Kerley, Arrington was benched.  It didn't seem to make a difference.  Even Bill's castoff Nelson was abusing that horrible defense.  Didn't somebody say the Pats had the best D in the NFL?  Cumberland made Hightower look like he was in quicksand.  I think Wilfork would have been better in coverage, even with his injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

After getting abused by first round superstar Kerley, Arrington was benched.  It didn't seem to make a difference.  Even Bill's castoff Nelson was abusing that horrible defense.  Didn't somebody say the Pats had the best D in the NFL?  Cumberland made Hightower look like he was in quicksand.  I think Wilfork would have been better in coverage, even with his injury.

Correct.

Apparently it wasn't due to an injury.  This is disturbing, I dont like Marquice Cole'  What are the Pats going to do here?

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 6m

CB Kyle Arrington struggled early on WR Jeremy Kerley. After 1st 3 series, in which he played every snap, played just 3 snaps rest of game.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 5m

Kyle Arrington was replaced by Marquice Cole, whose 61 defensive snaps were his first defensive snaps of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

There is no such thing as an Arrington backer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Logan will get more time at that spot, at least he breaks the right way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Correct.

Apparently it wasn't due to an injury.  This is disturbing, I dont like Marquice Cole'  What are the Pats going to do here?

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 6m

CB Kyle Arrington struggled early on WR Jeremy Kerley. After 1st 3 series, in which he played every snap, played just 3 snaps rest of game.

Mike Reiss @MikeReiss 5m

Kyle Arrington was replaced by Marquice Cole, whose 61 defensive snaps were his first defensive snaps of the season.

Cole's alright in the slot, he's not great, but he won't get beat often. Boldin beat everyone last year, Cole wasn't the exception. Anyway, Ryan will get the slot gig when Talib returns. Still wish they would kick Arrington to the SS position.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm not a big fan of Arrington, didn't like the contract they gave him before the season but I think he is better then Cole too.  Maybe Arrington is hurt but I don't see anything on the internet about an injury.

Ummm...How new are you to this team? BB doesn't release injury info until he has to when they start practicing during the week. We'll see, but it appeared to me he was struggling running.

He came off the report this past week, but hammies can be tricky. Nink, a notoroious Jets killer, has been quiet the last 2 weeks with his groin issue. As we know, those are tough too.

Not excuses, just the reality of what those injuries can be. Dennard was questionable yesterday before game time, seeing if he could go as well.

Not every player is in the best shape week to week and you just have to try to play through them.

Ryan has looked good, so BB using him over Arrington like he did in the TB game when Arrington went off with the hammy/groin (whatever it is), is a good problem to have.

Nice pick 6 and some nice coverage yesterday from his part.

Rusty, your dislike for me is making you look bad, you are jumping to conclusions.  I never said I was looking for a report from BB on an injury.  Usually a reporter or several reporters will report they witnessed an injury during the game or noticed something in the locker room.  Nothing has shown up anywhere on the internet or twitter about an injury noticed by anyone.

I have mixed reviews about Ryan from the preseason, looked good yesterday.  Hopefully he can be consistent.  I don't like Marquice Cole, plain and simple.  Hope Cole isn't going to be used much. He got clowned out there yesterday.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

I'd say KC and NE's (when healthy), at least in the AFC, absolutely.  Only if out offense could move the chains in the second half.

20 points allowed is pretty good on the road for your annual SB and the Pats D shorthanded.

Your D allowed 20 points at home to our pitiful offense.  Embarrassing.  lmao

Pitful offense?  isn't that the NFLs top scoring offense from last year?  How does a team go from that to pitiful so quickly?  You must have been really impressed when the Jets only gave up 13 to the Pats in Foxboro, right? You know the Jets have a rookie QB, right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The troubling part of Arrington is,his contract. He, according to Russ is supposed to be a pro bowl level slot corner, yet he got benched in favor of castoff cole, mainly an st player. 

at this point, Ryan although young looks better than Arrington. If has a hammy issue that is limiting his play, why is he playing? I don't get it.

the more concerning piece here is Hightower. We are not getting by without mayo by relying on hightower or Collins. Fletcher needs to see the field. PI might even move Hightower to de, maybe move nink to lb. just a thought. 

Yes Russ, Brady at 17m performing as he has through 7 games ain't gonna get it done. Am I the only one that is sick of Brady saying, "I need to play better"? This whole mess needs to play better, but the loss of mayo to me is something that is proving difficult to deal with. Patricia and bb need to try something different.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'd say KC and NE's (when healthy), at least in the AFC, absolutely.  Only if out offense could move the chains in the second half.

20 points allowed is pretty good on the road for your annual SB and the Pats D shorthanded.

Pitful offense?  isn't that the NFLs top scoring offense from last year?  How does a team go from that to pitiful so quickly?  You must have been really impressed when the Jets only gave up 13 to the Pats in Foxboro, right? You know the Jets have a rookie QB, right?

Apparently you haven't got the memo that ah, welker, woodhead, Lloyd are gone and Gronk working his way back. Last year means nothing. This is mainly a different crew.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The only one I can recall is Russ. And he is representing here on Arrington.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Apparently you haven't got the memo that ah, welker, woodhead, Lloyd are gone and Gronk working his way back. Last year means nothing. This is mainly a different crew.

So what?  Those guys were awful anyhow.  These new guys are way better.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

So what?  Those guys were awful anyhow.  These new guys are way better.

Here's some helpful advice...feel free to come back here when your joke of a franchise actually does something. 

Sections
Shortcuts