Where was Kyle Arrington?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Where was Kyle Arrington?

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He got benched for being a bum, BB should try him out at SS since he has the skillset for it, but he's no CB. Ryan, Talib and Dennard should be our CBs when Talib returns.

[/QUOTE] Totally agree with you. I was shocked over the contract he received. I just always saw him exclusively as a special teams guy because he's a pretty good tackler. I'd hate to see him anywhere in the secondary but maybe safety makes sense since he'd have most everything in front of him and I don't think he could be any worse than Gregory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Anyone who thinks this was a good signing does not know football and/or caps. Plain and simple. He is a good slot. Horrible on the outside. Has always been and always will be. 2/4-4.5mil would be on the line of overpaying. For the money he was paid its a waste.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Incognitacious's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks this was a good signing does not know football and/or caps. Plain and simple. He is a good slot. Horrible on the outside. Has always been and always will be. 2/4-4.5mil would be on the line of overpaying. For the money he was paid its a waste.

[/QUOTE]

Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

[/QUOTE]

Hi Smelly bear. I see you are using your other screen name today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The jets must watch film (like everyone else), because anyone that has watched Arrington play knows the guy can't turn his hips and stick with a receiver when they go in...then out to the sideline...he can't cover those plays. Once a receiver makes a cut...Arrington is toast...happens all the time. I watched Romo scorch him like that two years ago...Eli Manning has done that to him many many times...Flacco. Luckily he isn't asked to play outside all that much - the problem is we signed him to play corner - and at 4 million per season, you'd think he wouldn't suck. He does. Another poor decision on the part of the GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I wonder if there is an injury with Arrington? His play the past 3-4 weeks certainly has regressed. I dont think anyone, including the Pats are expecting a cover corner with Arrington. They are expecting and paying for turnovers created, sure tackling and setting the edge in the run defense. The past few weeks Arrington has been none of the above. At 4/$16 Arrington is on the high side of acceptable if he is creating turnovers, making sure tackles. Yesterday we saw missed tackles, poor angles and really getting abused in coverage. His benching was deserved. Why the drastic drop off? Injury?  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder if there is an injury with Arrington? His play the past 3-4 weeks certainly has regressed. I dont think anyone, including the Pats are expecting a cover corner with Arrington. They are expecting and paying for turnovers created, sure tackling and setting the edge in the run defense. The past few weeks Arrington has been none of the above. At 4/$16 Arrington is on the high side of acceptable if he is creating turnovers, making sure tackles. Yesterday we saw missed tackles, poor angles and really getting abused in coverage. His benching was deserved. Why the drastic drop off? Injury?  

[/QUOTE]

According to the team doctor Russ W Griswald, Arrington is suffering from a lingering pulled hammy. Russ diagnosed it once Arrington went missing in action. Dr. Griswald was quoted as saying, "arrington is the best slot corner in the nfl. His drop off therefore can only be attributed to an injury. You want to know the real reason arrington's play has dropped off? ...it's because Tom Brady sucks".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Arrington has played well except for the two games he was playing so poorly in he got pulled- oyyy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise. A lot better than Kyle Wilson or Dee Milliner, both worse and paid more, total.

OUCH

[/QUOTE]

This is true. Wilson and milliner both 1st round picks are not as good as Arrington. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Relax folks! Evidently Arrington played poorly because he has a gimpy groin! Of course that means he's been suffering from this injury for the past three years...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fletcherbrook ='s Bustchise ='s fatsam='s wederrwedat='s Phat Virgin ='s Section136 ='s BungaloBill='s Uncle Rico ='s rick hertz and several others are all the same NY Jets troll

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well done, you keep giving the jet trolls the attention they are here for.  They are making a fool out of you!! You aren't the brightest bulb around, are you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Relax folks! Evidently Arrington played poorly because he has a gimpy groin! Of course that means he's been suffering from this injury for the past three years...

[/QUOTE]

lol exactly its not his groin. just last year Kerley looked like an All-Pro against Arrington is Foxborough. Its just fact at this point: he can't cover anything outside the slot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

2011 - 8 INTs, led the NFL

2012 - Moved to nickel, one of the highest rated in the role

2013 - Started off playing as good as anyone on D (minus Talib's all world play) got hurt at the end of the TB game.

Was pulled off the report this past week. Facts hurt trolls.

[/QUOTE]

Russ, I said it before and I'll say it again. If you can't do your job because of an injury take one for the team sit out the game and let someone healthy do it for you. if his bad play is blmaed on the groin he should've never started

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's the nickle starter, though. If you can practice, you play.  He either tweaked it early in that game or was benched.

I am just pointing out it's not out of the realm of possibility he re-aggravated the groin.  He looked slower than usual in and out his breaks in coverage.  

This is why it's good to have some decent depth, especially with Talib out. I thought Ryan played well.

[/QUOTE]

i believe he was benched.. but you may be right that it was re-agged.
    Also i Agree, Ryan really impressed me out there on a couple plays. Obvi the pick six was nice but besides that he had a relatively good game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He got benched for being a bum, BB should try him out at SS since he has the skillset for it, but he's no CB. Ryan, Talib and Dennard should be our CBs when Talib returns.

[/QUOTE]

Talib can't get back fast enough.  COunt our blessings that Miami's hitting the skids and we can survive another week with this bum.

Then, send him to the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League for some brand new tackling dummies.  A CB in arena football is just a prop on the field for a 63-55 game.  Arrington the Stiff would fit right in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

2011 - 8 INTs, led the NFL

2012 - Moved to nickel, one of the highest rated in the role

2013 - Started off playing as good as anyone on D (minus Talib's all world play) got hurt at the end of the TB game.

Was pulled off the report this past week. Facts hurt trolls.

Sweet!  We extended Ras-I Arrington!  Well done Mr. Bill!  Ohhhhh Noooo!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Arrington was simply overmatched.  He's an ok slot corner. Kerley is an excellent slot receiver and that slot  corner position is quite diffficult especially with big physical WRs.  Hill and Nelson are both big and physical.  Slot corners need to be able to be able to get whacked two or three times on some plays by the other WRs and/or TEs as the the slot they are covering comes accross. 

Sections
Shortcuts