Where were the flags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Re: Where were the flags

I'm ardent fan, grew up in Mass and Live in VA, what i saw on that game and you all can watch it when the NFL network replays, is watch the offensive holding not called almost every play. I was sitting here with my wife and every play i would be yelling at the screen look again they have Wilfork horsecollard , again they have Dedrick collared.

Just watch the game again, you want to know why Ben has such a great day. The Refs let him by not calling the D####!**##FFDD*  holding penalties.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

In Response to Re: Where were the flags:
    [QUOTE]There is something to the idea that Pitt played a perfect game (minus a missed FG), with NE playing a C game, and they only won by 8 points (6 pts before confusing safety call at the end).
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I'd hardly call not being able to score a TD in the redzone a perfect game or throwing a pass right at a defender.  We are somewhere in the middle of the pack with not allowing TDs in the redzone, just slightly better than we were last year.  The Steelers are about in middle of the league in redzone TD scoring.  On Sunday, we were better than our season average, they were worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were the flags : "cleary to are"? See, this is a Phat Rex trait. Feverish postings, grammar issues, using phrases like "stop crying". You're Phat Rex. You're not fooling anyone, so just forget it.

Very impressive, you have analyzed the posting trends, grammar and phrasing of Phat Rex?  You either work for the BAU or you are the saddest loneliest child in the world... given your 50 posts a day, I'll go with sad and lonely.  I sort of feel bad for you... sort of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Only Belichick has the actual right to complain. If Goodell listens to anyone its senior management and coaches. Kinda of a big IF.  How many times have fans complaints about refereeing actually resolved anything ? Never. A better idea is to stock the competition commitee with senior people(yes men) and bend the rules to your favor (see Polian). Players who complain excessively will be disciplined or perceived as wussies (neither of which they want). When I played football the only people that could talk to refs are the captains and the coaching staff. I don't think the game has changed that much regarding complaints about the refs. Every fan does it, but it seldom accomplishes anything. You're entitled to do it but it really doesn't resolve anything. You want to win. Play better football.

Paraphrasing Voltaire:" I don't believe in what you say sir, but I'll defend, to death, your right to say it."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I think it being a home game for Pittsburg may have played into it.  They did call 8 penalties for 50 yards on them, compared to 6 for 37 yards on the Pats.

I was surprised at how physical the Steelers played the receivers.  They played the way the Pats used to play before Indy forced through the rule change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

heres a list of non calls that were pretty vivid to me during the game

Tackling welker by the helmet. Last time i checked when a defender has his feet leave the ground, And the first and pretty much only thing they hit is the opposing players helmet, thats a 15 yard penalty and a $50k fine.

The arm bar in  the end zone, are you kidding me? no PI on that? really?

Not a flag but the gronk touchdown. Wow, how was that called not a touchdown?

Polamlu's punching of the ball, and then at the end when teh defensive player was out of bounds, and then touched the ball in bounds. penalty #1 illegal batting of a fumble should have resulted in a dead ball penalty with the pats keeping the ball and getting 10 yards and #2 a defender who steps out of bounds and then is the first person to touch the ball in bounds is a 10 yard penalty for illegal touching. zero flags but the steelers gained 2 points and got the ball back.

The chopblock the pats got hit with, the running back chopped before the offensive line man  engaged. not sure how the rules work but i thought you couldnt go low is someone is going high, what if you go low and then later someone goes high?

Basically the stealers were GIFTED this game. and despite all that lack of patriots offense, the defense still gave us a chance to win the game and it took a bullshat illegal play, and the refs to busy counting the bribe money to seal the deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

for all of you who can't remember how our perfect season ended it was Mike Carey who was the head referee for that game also,He is the most biased ref against the Patriots and should be demoted back to what he might be able to handle Water Boy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HaverhillBob. Show HaverhillBob's posts

Let me get this straight, not only do you accuse anyone who puts you in your place of being Phat Rex, Leon and whatever other names you have on your list, but you keep track of the dates they have posted, when they have not posted, you cross reference them with all other assumed pseudonyms and then check it all against the profile of grammar, common phrases and common spelling errors that you have put together?  Holy freakincrap, you are insane!  Time to get a life there Ridingtheking.  You have crossed a line that few, if any, have ever crossed.   Get a life, get a significant other, get a job, get something in your life besides this because this is really weird.  This is no different than stalking.  I'm voting you most likely to go to jail.  You need help.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Idiot comment. It happened...nothing we can do about it, but it happened. Why so nasty?...everyone has a right to speak here, not just the "special few".

[QUOTE]Unfortunately, it is what it is.  At this point any mention of such matters will be considered "whining" by those who don't care about this fan base.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i loved the calling of the game

polamlu punches the ball

"what a heads up play by polamlu"
    "well it was illegal"
    "oh well SAFTEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ... The Gronk call alone lost us over a minute and then BB decided to go onsides. ....
    Did you see the highlight from the Carolina game in which the receiver caught a ball just like Gronk did and the linesmen called the TD right away?  The Carolina receiver was standing ON the goal line while Gronk was standing CLEARLY in the endzone and was pushed out.  How two sets of linesmen see the same play differently is a head scratcher!!  It's spilled milk now. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]Here's the deal: I think with those, you should call it a TD as a precautionary

and with all scores being reviewed refs should call it a TD if they even think there might be a chance its a score.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

[QUOTE]Clearly to are an obsessed stalker.  Everyone who puts you in your place is Phat Rex.  Let me guess, in your tiny world, Phat Rex is your arch nemesis who you have sworn to defeat in the world of defending the Patriots at all cost and not allowing a negative word about Coach Bill.  You need to grow up.  Get a grip on reality and just what a newspaper forum is really about in the scheme of not mattering at all.  You don't get to chose who says what about who or how or why people form there own opinions.  If you can't handle it, go cry to someone, just not to me.
    Posted by HaverhillBob[/QUOTE]

Everyone here is entitiled to their own opinions and would state that this remains in evidence on a daily basis. Now what your are not entitled to here are your own facts or enormously broad conjecture.   See:  facts.   Nope...not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought the game was poorly called overall. Several missed holding calls on Pitt, etc.

Plus, if Goodell is setting this up as a passing league, what happened to not assaulting the receiver 10-15 yards down field? I lost count on how many times Welker was mauled, held or pushed around upfield. Simply said, Gooddell can't have it both ways.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

As a Steeler fan, I kept noticing many times when it looked  like the Patriots offensive line was holding.No calls though!  The point being that there are many missed calls in every game. The play where the Patriot player hit Ben and almost knocked  him out of the game, if that same play happens to Brady, there's no doubt in my mind that a flag  would have been thrown. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck or anything,but it surprises me that so many are trying to justify this loss on bad officiating. I've always been amazed at how accurate Tom Brady has been as a QB. Seemed to me that he threw some bad passes on Sunday, not used to seeing him missing receivers like he did. Hines Ward is the Steelers best  receiver in the red-zone. Would have been nice to have seen him out there when the Steelers got close to the end-zone. The Steelers dominated in time of possesion, pretty much shut down the Patriots running game, and Tom Brady did not have one of his better games. And you guys can't be happy with how unpatriot-like the defense has been playing this year, especially this past week. I can certainly understand your frustration and no one  is ever satisfied after a loss, but using the refs as an excuse is the oldest cop-out in the book.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE] As a Steeler fan, I kept noticing many times when it looked  like the Patriots offensive line was holding.No calls though!  The point being that there are many missed calls in every game. The play where the Patriot player hit Ben and almost knocked  him out of the game, if that same play happens to Brady, there's no doubt in my mind that a flag  would have been thrown. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck or anything,but it surprises me that so many are trying to justify this loss on bad officiating. I've always been amazed at how accurate Tom Brady has been as a QB. Seemed to me that he threw some bad passes on Sunday, not used to seeing him missing receivers like he did. Hines Ward is the Steelers best  receiver in the red-zone. Would have been nice to have seen him out there when the Steelers got close to the end-zone. The Steelers dominated in time of possesion, pretty much shut down the Patriots running game, and Tom Brady did not have one of his better games. And you guys can't be happy with how unpatriot-like the defense has been playing this year, especially this past week. I can certainly understand your frustration and no one  is ever satisfied after a loss, but using the refs as an excuse is the oldest cop-out in the book.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

Steelcurtain, good comment but take this into consideration: The ref calling is NFL wide and getting worse plus all team boards each week complain about the Ref calls, so that is'nt anything new. The Pats were simply blown away by your Steelers and certainly outcoached with no in-game answers/adjustments. Congrats!

As much as the Pats were outplayed and some Ref Calls blown, most of us were upset about the Gronk catch that should have been red flagged and most likely reversed to a TD. Still I was amazed that at the close of the game the Pats had a chance to actually win and thats without the reversal on the Gronk catch. I actually thought that the Pats were going to win that game at the very end, a miracle type finish.

That is an issue that should worry Steeler fans taking into consideration the Steelers TOP? How would you Steeler fans feel, if that actually happened? quite a reversal, huh? The final outcome was closer than what many believe. Then, most of the negative talk here would be subdued and praises of miracle finishes re-ignited once again!!!

Good show..take care...wishing you Steeler fans a good season! Surprised

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE] As a Steeler fan, I kept noticing many times when it looked  like the Patriots offensive line was holding.No calls though!  The point being that there are many missed calls in every game. The play where the Patriot player hit Ben and almost knocked  him out of the game, if that same play happens to Brady, there's no doubt in my mind that a flag  would have been thrown. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck or anything,but it surprises me that so many are trying to justify this loss on bad officiating. I've always been amazed at how accurate Tom Brady has been as a QB. Seemed to me that he threw some bad passes on Sunday, not used to seeing him missing receivers like he did. Hines Ward is the Steelers best  receiver in the red-zone. Would have been nice to have seen him out there when the Steelers got close to the end-zone. The Steelers dominated in time of possesion, pretty much shut down the Patriots running game, and Tom Brady did not have one of his better games. And you guys can't be happy with how unpatriot-like the defense has been playing this year, especially this past week. I can certainly understand your frustration and no one  is ever satisfied after a loss, but using the refs as an excuse is the oldest cop-out in the book.

The Pats were outplayed and outcoached. The refs had nothing to do with the loss. I am sure every time the Steelers lose you know some fans who will always blame it on the Refs. I personally think it's lame unless a call is so blatantly bad that the game is clearly changed by it and I did not see anything this past weekend that should take away from a Steeler fan's happiness in his teams performance. I thought the Steelers best chance to win was to run the ball, kill the clock, and get some turnovers. I was dead wrong! Belichek may have had similar thoughts because the Pats seemed to be shocked that the Steelers refused to run the ball. What a great game plan by the Steelers. The Pats were fooled badly this week but I suspect (or hope) the Steelers will not be able to fool the Pats so easily next time. Congratulations on your teams win, but I hope we get to meet each other again this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Ben is a rapist

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If the league has changed how PI will be called I wish they would let the fans know before hand. It's like an umps strike zone. As long as they are consistant then everyone is happy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Do you really think that PI was not called consistently in that game. There was one defensive interference call on each team and one offensive called on the Steelers.

Blaming the refs is the go to complaint when fans can't explain why a team and coach they believe can do no wrong lost. 

Forget the officiating. The Patriots were outplayed and outcoached on both sides of the ball on Sunday. This team has serious a weakness on defense. There is either a lack of talent or a lack of ability to get the team to execute. Either way, something needs to change on that side of the ball before we are going to play in another Super Bowl.